Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: AP "Associated Press" Altgens 6  (Read 11193 times)

Offline Robin Unger

Re: AP "Associated Press" Altgens 6
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2021, 04:13:28 PM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2021, 04:13:28 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2021, 09:38:25 PM »

Good catch James!

I can’t remember if Dr. Glover ever included this seizure/ambulance scene in her recollections.

Here is what Dr. Toni Glover said about the incident in her 1999 Sixth Floor Museum Oral History interview:

Now, it’s a block and a half, you know. I just kept running back and forth, and on one of my trips down there, a man fell. And I remember some kind of blood, whether he hit the corner of his head or scratched something or scraped something, and that was alarming to me at that age. But I was also kneeling and touching him and holding his shoulder. And several people were. There was just… and you know, I remember him jerking. I remember him… it being a little frightening. I did know a woman at the time who had fairly severe epilepsy, and I’d seen her have seizures before. So that was my first little diagnosis.
Bob: What you thought probably.
Toni: And I believe a policeman helped at that time, and I remember an ambulance coming to get him—and my fears that the ambulance was going to interfere with the parade, was somehow going to stop it. It wouldn’t come around the corner. But they came and went quickly.
Bob: And so you left the man yourself, as the ambulance was coming up, or…?

She also said that she had never seen a photo of herself at the scene until two weeks before this interview. She actually joined this forum and posted a few times a few years ago. I can imagine that she would be interested in seeing herself at the epileptic scene in Bronson...
Robin and Charles – thank you for those informative replies.
So in the Texas Monthly article Marilyn Willis says:
“But there was a woman that took her handkerchief and dipped it in the reflecting pool there and wiped his brow. She really did.”

And the Sixth Floor Museum’s Oral History has Toni stating:
”But I was also kneeling and touching him and holding his shoulder. And several people were.”

It makes me wonder if Marilyn Willis’s woman was Toni Glover.

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2021, 09:40:41 PM »
Yes that is the Willis family and Grandparents.

“Texas Monthly” interview with Rosemary Willis Roach, her sister Linda Willis Pool, and mother Marilyn Willis

https://robinungers.blogspot.com/2021/05/texas-monthly-willis-family-interview.html

TM: When the gunshots went off, what were you doing? Your kids were running around.

Marilyn: Looking for them. My parents had gone around the end, if you're familiar with Bronson's picture, the jacket on his book. It shows my mother. She's in a white coat with a blue scarf tied around her head. My daddy's following her. They went around the south end of the center of Dealey Plaza. My husband had gone up the sidewalk, and the two kids following him, and I was stuck there in the last window of the pavilion in Dealey Plaza by the reflecting pool. Well, I didn't know where they were, and I set out to find ...the Roaches.

Thanks Robin. I never connected Marilyn's parents with the two in Bronson's photo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2021, 09:40:41 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2021, 12:54:04 AM »
Robin and Charles – thank you for those informative replies.
So in the Texas Monthly article Marilyn Willis says:
“But there was a woman that took her handkerchief and dipped it in the reflecting pool there and wiped his brow. She really did.”

And the Sixth Floor Museum’s Oral History has Toni stating:
”But I was also kneeling and touching him and holding his shoulder. And several people were.”

It makes me wonder if Marilyn Willis’s woman was Toni Glover.

I suppose that it’s possible. That would be a good question to ask Toni if we get another opportunity.

I typically find the accounts of the people who were actually at the scene to be fascinating for me. Some of the little details that they remember and relate make their stories more interesting. And we are fortunate that Toni and some others finally came forward after many years of staying in the background.

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »
Altgens ( No More Silence ) part 1 Credit: Larry Sneed

Altgens Quote: Re - Altgen's 6 photo

I got a phone call, it was on a Sunday, and this man identified himself as Lovelady.
the very guy that's pictured in that particular picture.
Lovelady called me, and he was telling me that he would like to have a print of the
picture that showed him on the step of the School Book Depository

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2021, 02:11:07 PM »
Altgens ( No More Silence ) part 2 Credit: Larry Sneed

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »
Altgens Photo sent to AP subscribers worldwide at 12:55

Photo Credit: Gary Mack

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 02:17:43 PM by Robin Unger »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2021, 02:19:13 PM »
Charles Bronson Film

Quote:

This weekend story on the existence of a possibly important film on the assassination caused many to wonder what the impact of that film would be.
So far, the impact has been small.
And the man who shot the pictures 15 years ago, Charles Bronson, says the experts will decide how important this film really is.
Tonight, reporters minus cameras will take him behind closed doors to view a copy of the film and the slight enhancement of it that supposedly show movement in the sixth floor window of the School Book Depository just moments before the assassination.

https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1153457/m1/?q=jfk&fbclid=IwAR24re8eOUOh6vA829vSXZLaGJfbJR4rhRhaeOcz9-OcgeC4JFWmSFAy9QY