Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald, Depository To Rooming House  (Read 6452 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Oswald, Depository To Rooming House
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 12:57:14 AM »
Advertisement

"I had the television on listening to...trying to find out what happened to President Kennedy when he came in, it must have been after 1 o'clock because..." - Earlene Roberts

JohnM

So you agree? Great stuff....

You either agree with Roberts or you call her unreliable again. Which is it going to be?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 12:57:14 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 01:10:05 AM »
So you agree? Great stuff....

You either agree with Roberts or you call her unreliable again. Which is it going to be?

Huh? Roberts says "it must have been....because", she guessed then qualified her guess, those late nights in Spain with your beach view and Learjet lifestyle sure has made you sloppy.

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 01:11:45 AM »
Huh? Roberts says "it must have been....because", she guessed then qualified her guess, those late nights in Spain with your beach view and Learjet lifestyle sure has made you sloppy.

JohnM

Ok, so you call her unreliable. Got it! 

And btw, I don't have a beach view here, just look at my avatar. Not sure where you got that from....

Nor do I have a Learjet lifestyle. Don't even know what that means. My company has a jet on lease, yes, but to call it a lifestyle is a bit silly... Btw we used it when we flew down under... you know, where we were supposed to meet but you never showed up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:18:35 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 01:11:45 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 01:22:23 AM »
Ok, so you call her unreliable. Got it! 

And btw, I don't have a beach view here, just look at my avatar. Not sure where you got that from....

Nor do I have a Learjet lifestyle. Don't even know what that means. My company has a jet on lease, yes, but to call it a lifestyle is a bit silly... Btw we used it when we flew down under... you know, where we were supposed to meet but you never showed up.

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 01:34:52 AM »
Thank you for playing, Johnny

Better luck next time

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 01:34:52 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 05:34:27 AM »
Bill: Do you know where Oswald's "usual" bus stop was located when he left work or arrived by bus each morning? I read (I believe in Bugliosi) that it was on Houston Street just around the corner from the TSBD?

Also: Were there any bus stops between the route he took from the TSBD to the bus he boarded? In other words, couldn't he have walked several blocks to a bus stop and simply waited for one? No need to keep walking and then pound on the door to get onto one.

Steve, there was a bus stop at Houston and Elm on the northeast corner of that intersection.  To the best of my recollection, the busses that stopped at that corner (heading west on Elm through town towards Dealey Plaza) would continue straight onto Elm and go underneath the triple underpass.

However, the route that the bus that McWatters was driving that day (the bus boarded by Oswald after the assassination) had a stop at Elm and Record (one small block east of the other busses that stopped at Elm and Houston that I described above).  Instead of continuing straight on Elm and going underneath the triple underpass like the busses I describe above, the busses that stopped at Elm and Record would then continue west on Elm for a block and turn left onto Houston and take the Houston Street viaduct over to Oak Cliff.

Some of the busses, after crossing the viaduct into Oak Cliff, would then head south on Marsalis and other busses would stay on Zang (immediately after crossing the viaduct) to Beckley.

Long story short; after work, Oswald could leave the Depository building, walk one full block east on Elm to the intersection of Elm and Record.  At that bus stop (Elm and Record) Oswald would wait for the Beckley line (as opposed to the Marsalis line) to take him to the rooming house.

I hope this helps.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 03:01:51 PM »
Steve, there was a bus stop at Houston and Elm on the northeast corner of that intersection.  To the best of my recollection, the busses that stopped at that corner (heading west on Elm through town towards Dealey Plaza) would continue straight onto Elm and go underneath the triple underpass.

However, the route that the bus that McWatters was driving that day (the bus boarded by Oswald after the assassination) had a stop at Elm and Record (one small block east of the other busses that stopped at Elm and Houston that I described above).  Instead of continuing straight on Elm and going underneath the triple underpass like the busses I describe above, the busses that stopped at Elm and Record would then continue west on Elm for a block and turn left onto Houston and take the Houston Street viaduct over to Oak Cliff.

Some of the busses, after crossing the viaduct into Oak Cliff, would then head south on Marsalis and other busses would stay on Zang (immediately after crossing the viaduct) to Beckley.

Long story short; after work, Oswald could leave the Depository building, walk one full block east on Elm to the intersection of Elm and Record.  At that bus stop (Elm and Record) Oswald would wait for the Beckley line (as opposed to the Marsalis line) to take him to the rooming house.

I hope this helps.

Helps alot. So every morning Oswald would go to the bus stop outside his rooming house and take the reverse of this line. This bus would take Oswald north on Houston heading for the TSBD. It would then turn right onto Elm. Did the bus then drop him off at the bus stop on the northeast corner of Elm and Houston? Or perhaps most likely the bus continued on for one block to Elm and Record and left Oswald off. Oswald would then have to cross the street to the north sidewalk and then walk one block west to get to the TSBD and begin his work for the day.

Any idea which corner of the Elm and Record intersection that bus stop was that would allow Oswald to get to his rooming house? Obviously it was on the north side of the intersection but was it on the east or west side? I guess all such bus stops would be on the east side? It would seem kind of dangerous to stop a bus on the west side of an intersection - that would block other traffics view.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 03:01:51 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »

I hope this helps.
Bill: Great, it certainly does help.

I'm starting to have some suspicious thoughts/ideas about Oswald's post assassination behavior <g>. But I'm a lone nut WC trash person so I can't help it. It's my nature.