Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?  (Read 49674 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2021, 05:57:53 PM »
Advertisement
Mr. BELIN. Do you figure if the motorcade came by at around 12:30, you figure you got down to the spot at 12 or 12:05?
Mrs. ROWLAND. Yes.

You still haven't answered the question, Mr Nessan, and there are no prizes for guessing why!

Here it is again:

Do you believe that Mr Rowland claimed, while giving his affidavit statement, that he and his wife arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10 PM?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2021, 05:57:53 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2021, 06:10:16 PM »
You're misunderstanding Rowland's response to this question:

Mr. SPECTER - What is your best estimate of the space between the top of his head and the open window at the perspective you were observing?
Mr. ROWLAND - Two and a half, three feet, something on that--that is something very hard to ascertain. That would just be an estimation on my part.

The first point is that Rowland is insistent the man with the rifle is not stood next to the window:

Mr. ROWLAND - He wasn't next to the window, but he wasn't very far back. I would say 3 to 5 feet back from the window.

When Specter asks him to estimate the "space between the top of his head and the open window", Rowland isn't talking about the vertical distance from the top of the man's head to the top of the open window, he is trying to estimate the distance between the man's head and the window - approximately 3ft

Again you're assuming Rowland is talking about someone stood next to the window which, as you correctly point out, would make the man extremely short. He's describing a taller man stood further in the building.

The rifle is being held diagonally across the man and the 36" gap above his head is a misunderstanding

You're mistaken about what Arnold is describing. He is talking about a normal sized man stood away from the window. He is clearly not describing a 36" gap above the head of a man being seen through a 30" gap.
He can see a man from just below the waist up who is holding a rifle diagonally across his body. The man is stood far enough away from the window to allow this view to be possible.

Specter is talking about the open lower half of the window not the whole window. Rowland understands this by telling Specter it was the lower half of the window that was open. Rowland alternates about 3 to 5 feet from the window and 15 feet back from the window depending on which conversation is being discussed. Sorrels references that distinction in his testimony. Sorrel's also states his skepticism that a person 15 feet into the room could have even been seen by Rowland.

It does not matter where you place him inside the building. The opening of the window is still 30 inches high and that is all will be framed in the window. If he could see 3 feet of wall above and behind this person then you would not see his head at all. Through it all the window is still only 14 " above the floor. Arnold's testimony is completely shown to be fabricated based on this information alone. Arnold states he could not see his knees and only 6 " below his waist. In th end Specter has completely shown the information stated by Rowland is not even possible.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »
You still haven't answered the question, Mr Nessan, and there are no prizes for guessing why!

Here it is again:

Do you believe that Mr Rowland claimed, while giving his affidavit statement, that he and his wife arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10 PM?

Barbara and Arnold agree they arrived downtown at approximately 5 after 12. If this doesn't satisfy you maybe it is time to make whatever point you feel you need to make.
Mr. SPECTER - What time were you positioned?
Mr. ROWLAND - We got there about 5 after 12.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2021, 06:32:22 PM »
Specter is talking about the open lower half of the window not the whole window. Rowland understands this by telling Specter it was the lower half of the window that was open. Rowland alternates about 3 to 5 feet from the window and 15 feet back from the window depending on which conversation is being discussed. Sorrels references that distinction in his testimony. Sorrel's also states his skepticism that a person 15 feet into the room could have even been seen by Rowland.

Rowland is trying to estimate how far in the building the man is stood, which is quite a tricky thing to estimate as he states himself.
His early estimation is 12-15ft but on reflection he changes this to 3-5ft. It is this single detail that is leapt upon to try to undermine his testimony. Otherwise he is perfectly consistent with what he tells his wife at the time and the subsequent statements he makes concerning the description of the man with the rifle. He gives a detailed description of the man and to argue that he couldn't have seen the man if he was stood 15ft inside the building doesn't mean he was describing a man he couldn't see - it means his estimation of how far the man was stood away from the window is wrong.
His wife confirms the description he gave on the day and his incorrect estimate of how far the man was stood in the building.

It does not matter where you place him inside the building. The opening of the window is still 30 inches high and that is all will be framed in the window. If he could see 3 feet of wall above and behind this person then you would not see his head at all. Through it all the window is still only 14 " above the floor. Arnold's testimony is completely shown to be fabricated based on this information alone. Arnold states he could not see his knees and only 6 " below his waist. In th end Specter has completely shown the information stated by Rowland is not even possible.

You're still misunderstanding Rowland's response to that question. He wasn't saying there was three feet of space above the head of the man with the rifle, he is estimating that his head is three feet away from the window. Consistent with his revised estimation of the man being stood 3-5ft inside the building.
He is not saying he could see a 3ft space vertically above the head of the man!

If the arguments you are trying to make were taken at face value, Rowland would be describing a man whose head was below his waist.
Apart from a revised estimation of how far the man with the rifle was stood in the building, Rowland's description of him is consistent and confirmed by the testimony of his wife who confirms he made the same description before the motorcade had even arrived!

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2021, 06:34:13 PM »
Barbara and Arnold agree they arrived downtown at approximately 5 after 12.

Incorrect!

If this doesn't satisfy you maybe it is time to make whatever point you feel you need to make.

Mr. SPECTER - Now are there any other points where the affidavit is at variance from your current recollection?
Mr. ROWLAND - The time that it states here, we arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10. Actually we arrived before 12 but we took the position that we have, approximately 12:10, that position "V" on this other Exhibit 354.

Now, Mr Nessan, let me phrase this question carefully:

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2021, 06:34:13 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2021, 08:51:41 PM »
Incorrect!

Mr. SPECTER - Now are there any other points where the affidavit is at variance from your current recollection?
Mr. ROWLAND - The time that it states here, we arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10. Actually we arrived before 12 but we took the position that we have, approximately 12:10, that position "V" on this other Exhibit 354.

Thumb1:

You can rephrase it all you want. Arnold can not even get this part straight. Once again he is all over the board about simply arriving by bus then moving to several different locations. Because you seem unwilling to make your point I can only assume your point must be that based on his eradicate memory of moving all up and down the street that you cannot believe a word Arnold states.

Mr. SPECTER - What time did you arrive in town?
Mr. ROWLAND - We rode a bus from the school. We got to town approximately a quarter to 12.

Mr. SPECTER - Where were you standing at the time the President's motorcade passed by you?
Mr. ROWLAND - At that position. (Witness marking.)
Mr. SPECTER - The position you have marked with a "V," inverted "V."
Will you mark with the letter "A" the point to which you had moved when you described it as being at Commerce which you corrected to Elm and Houston.
Mr. ROWLAND - It was this corner. (Witness marking.)
Mr. SPECTER - Approximately what time did you move to the position you have marked "A"?
Mr. ROWLAND - About 10 after 12.
Mr. SPECTER - How long did you stay at position "A"?
Mr. ROWLAND - Momentarily, just long enough to look, maybe a minute.
Mr. SPECTER - To look at what?
Mr. ROWLAND - To look at the position itself. There was too much of a crowd in that area. When the President would come by they would be pushing or rushing in that area and it would be too crowded for us.
Mr. SPECTER - At that point you did what?
Mr. ROWLAND - Then we went back to where we were.
Mr. SPECTER - To position "V"?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes, and we stayed there for a minute or so, walked to the corner of Main and Houston.
Mr. SPECTER - Mark Main and Houston with the letter "B," if you would, where you moved next.

(Witness marking.)

>Mr. ROWLAND - Stayed there momentarily, less than a minute. There was quite a crowd there and we went back to where we were, our original position.
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - What time would you say you got back to your position "V"?
Mr. ROWLAND - We got back there 14 after, I noticed the time on my watch, and the Hertz time clock I noticed was about a minute later.
Mr. SPECTER - Where was the Hertz time clock located?
Mr. ROWLAND - That was on top of the school depository building.
Mr. SPECTER - Was your watch synchronized with the Hertz up on top.

Mr. ROWLAND - Yes. When we returned to position "V" we stayed there, we began looking around. My wife and I were discussing the security precautions that were taken in view of the event when Mr. Stevenson was there.
Mr. SPECTER - Before you go on, let me ask you at which time was this on your return to position "V"?
Mr. ROWLAND - This was 12:15.
Mr. SPECTER - All right; proceed to tell us what you saw and heard at about that time?

Mr. SPECTER - Approximately what time did you move to the position you have marked "A"?

Mr. ROWLAND - The time that it states here, we arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10.
Actually we arrived before 12 but we took the position that we have, approximately 12:10, that position "V" on this other Exhibit 354.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »
Incorrect!

Thumb1:

From Arnold's affidavit:

"At approximately 12:10 PM today, my wife Barbara and I arrived in downtown Dallas..."

He continues to say they took up their position from where he saw the man in the Texas Book Suppository building (that's gotta sting!)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2021, 11:06:28 PM »
You can rephrase it all you want. Arnold can not even get this part straight. Once again he is all over the board about simply arriving by bus then moving to several different locations. Because you seem unwilling to make your point I can only assume your point must be that based on his eradicate memory of moving all up and down the street that you cannot believe a word Arnold states.

Mr. SPECTER - What time did you arrive in town?
Mr. ROWLAND - We rode a bus from the school. We got to town approximately a quarter to 12.

Mr. SPECTER - Where were you standing at the time the President's motorcade passed by you?
Mr. ROWLAND - At that position. (Witness marking.)
Mr. SPECTER - The position you have marked with a "V," inverted "V."
Will you mark with the letter "A" the point to which you had moved when you described it as being at Commerce which you corrected to Elm and Houston.
Mr. ROWLAND - It was this corner. (Witness marking.)
Mr. SPECTER - How long did you stay at position "A"?
Mr. ROWLAND - Momentarily, just long enough to look, maybe a minute.
Mr. SPECTER - To look at what?
Mr. ROWLAND - To look at the position itself. There was too much of a crowd in that area. When the President would come by they would be pushing or rushing in that area and it would be too crowded for us.
Mr. SPECTER - At that point you did what?
Mr. ROWLAND - Then we went back to where we were.
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes, and we stayed there for a minute or so, walked to the corner of Main and Houston.
Mr. SPECTER - Mark Main and Houston with the letter "B," if you would, where you moved next.

(Witness marking.)

>Mr. ROWLAND - Stayed there momentarily, less than a minute. There was quite a crowd there and we went back to where we were, our original position.
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - What time would you say you got back to your position "V"?
Mr. ROWLAND - We got back there 14 after, I noticed the time on my watch, and the Hertz time clock I noticed was about a minute later.
Mr. SPECTER - Where was the Hertz time clock located?
Mr. ROWLAND - That was on top of the school depository building.
Mr. SPECTER - Was your watch synchronized with the Hertz up on top.

Mr. ROWLAND - Yes. When we returned to position "V" we stayed there, we began looking around. My wife and I were discussing the security precautions that were taken in view of the event when Mr. Stevenson was there.
Mr. SPECTER - Before you go on, let me ask you at which time was this on your return to position "V"?
Mr. ROWLAND - This was 12:15.
Mr. SPECTER - All right; proceed to tell us what you saw and heard at about that time?

Mr. ROWLAND - The time that it states here, we arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10.
Actually we arrived before 12 but we took the position that we have, approximately 12:10, that position "V" on this other Exhibit 354.

:D

Your evident discomfort over answering a simple question is extremely entertaining, Mr Nessan. So............. I'm going to ask it again: