Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?  (Read 6670 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »
Advertisement
But the American militarists were thrilled that the Soviets had put nuke bombers in the air, giving them the perfect excuse to launch a full strike on Russia, but LBJ would have none of it.

Also, crucially, LBJ worked mightily to shut down Helms, Scott, etc., from publicly, and even privately, pointing the finger at Castro. Douglass covers this in some detail.

It is clear that the plotters planted evidence pointing to Castro in the hope of using JFK's death as an excuse to topple Castro. But when their media assets barely began to "reveal" this evidence, LBJ stomped down hard and virtually silenced such efforts. LBJ and Hoover also read the riot act to the CIA to stop pushing the narrative that Oswald was a Cuban agent and/or that Castro was behind the assassination.

Again, if LBJ had been part of the plot, he would have done all in his power to push the Helms-Phillips-Scott narrative, but instead he crushed it.

It is clear that the plotters planted evidence pointing to Castro in the hope of using JFK's death as an excuse to topple Castro.

Absolutely!.....THAT  was the primary reason for the plot.....  The hot headed Cubans who felt betrayed by JFK, after the BOP fiasco wanted the heads of both JFK and Castro.  ( Don't know which one  they hated more)   

Thiers was the plot that the FBI had uncovered .....And Hoover and LBJ aided and abetted.

if LBJ had been part of the plot, he would have done all in his power to push the Helms-Phillips-Scott narrative, but instead he crushed it.

LBJ wasn't part of the plot planning.....But he knew about the plot, and aided the plotters by agreeing to provide cover for the killers if they succeeded and he held the reins of power after the coup d e'tat.    Personally....I believe that LBJ gave to signal to proceed with the ambush after his car turned onto Houston street and he saw something that told him that  everything was ready and set.... and all that was need was his signal to GO.   As soon as LBJ gave the secret signal a large firecracker was set off and that was the signal to the hidden assassins to fire the two shots that each had been given.  I believe there were three shooters with two shots each... and at least one of them who was behind JFK had a silencer equipped weapon.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2021, 09:41:04 PM »
The evidence clearly indicates that the men who were the main plotters behind the JFK assassination were rogue high-level elements in the CIA and the military. (The next level or two down from this top brass of plotters included elements of the Mafia, the anti-Castro Cubans, and the Dallas Police Department.)

I think one could make a good argument that the conspirators were sincere patriots who believed JFK was being reckless in his dealings with the Soviet Union, who believed he was going to abandon South Vietnam to the Communists, and who were alarmed by his abandonment of all efforts to overthrow Castro.

I think the plotters also believed that JFK was squandering the opportunity to destroy the Soviet Union once and for all with a nuclear first strike. It is beyond question that elements in the CIA and the military attempted to use the assassination as an excuse to provoke an all-out nuclear attack on Russia.

What about the rule of law and the immorality and illegality of assassinating a sitting president? The plotters believed that JFK's actions and avowed goals justified taking the extraordinary step of assassination. I think one of the main reasons they engaged in such a massive cover-up was to preserve America's image as the world's most stable and noble democratic republic.

I believe that the plotters were sincere patriots, and that in their minds they were acting in the best interests of the country and the world. This is not to exonerate them, but it is to say that they believed they were doing what had to be done to protect and advance America and the cause of freedom around the world.

Allan Dulles built the CIA in his own image and he was an "Ends justify the Means" kind of guy. So if it was an Inside Job, yes, I could see how the plotters convinced themselves that they were doing something good for the country.

The rightwing reactionaries of JFK's era viewed him as "weak" at best and "sympathetic to the Communists" at worst...

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »
I wouldn’t call the people that plotted to kill JFK sincere patriots. Or should I rephrase that, the people that plotted and killed JFK were not patriots.

True, J.E. Hoover and LBJ knew that it was about to happen. Hoover probably knew because he was connected to the mob. He used to go to the race track with Frank Costello. LBJ knew because he had mentioned that all will be good tomorrow to his girlfriend the night before the assassination. Marcello’s territory included Dallas so I am sure there were connections between Marcello and LBJ. I had read somewhere that Marcello was paying LBJ $50k a month when he was in the white house.

Hoover was owned by the mob, they had pictures of Hoover and his boyfriend so he was solidly in the mobs pocket. When I mention the “mob” I specifically mean Carlos Marcello and Santo Trafficante and above them, Frank Costello.

The main reason that the mob did it was because the Kennedy family double crossed the mob. Joseph Kennedy Sr had promised the mob that they would be left alone if they helped get his son, JFK elected president. Once in the white house JFK selects his brother RFK to be attorney general of the US. The mob hated RFK because of how he dragged the mobsters over the coals during the McClellan committee hearings. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was when RFK had Marcello kidnapped and eventually released him and his lawyer out in a Central American jungle with no food, protection or anything to fend for themselves.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »

Offline Michael Davidson

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2021, 07:33:30 PM »
You might as well say hitler was a sincere patriot ...

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »
I wouldn’t call the people that plotted to kill JFK sincere patriots. Or should I rephrase that, the people that plotted and killed JFK were not patriots.

True, J.E. Hoover and LBJ knew that it was about to happen. Hoover probably knew because he was connected to the mob. He used to go to the race track with Frank Costello. LBJ knew because he had mentioned that all will be good tomorrow to his girlfriend the night before the assassination. Marcello’s territory included Dallas so I am sure there were connections between Marcello and LBJ. I had read somewhere that Marcello was paying LBJ $50k a month when he was in the white house.

Hoover was owned by the mob, they had pictures of Hoover and his boyfriend so he was solidly in the mobs pocket. When I mention the “mob” I specifically mean Carlos Marcello and Santo Trafficante and above them, Frank Costello.

The main reason that the mob did it was because the Kennedy family double crossed the mob. Joseph Kennedy Sr had promised the mob that they would be left alone if they helped get his son, JFK elected president. Once in the white house JFK selects his brother RFK to be attorney general of the US. The mob hated RFK because of how he dragged the mobsters over the coals during the McClellan committee hearings. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was when RFK had Marcello kidnapped and eventually released him and his lawyer out in a Central American jungle with no food, protection or anything to fend for themselves.

True, J.E. Hoover and LBJ knew that it was about to happen.

LBJ wasn't part of the plot planning.....But he knew about the plot, and aided the plotters by agreeing to provide cover for the killers if they succeeded and he held the reins of power after the coup d e'tat.    Personally....I believe that LBJ gave to signal to proceed with the ambush after his car turned onto Houston street and he saw something (The red rings in the windows of the TSBD)  that told him that  everything was ready and set....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2021, 11:18:03 PM »
Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots?
Were the JFK Assassination Plotters Sincere Patriots Murderous Traitors?
Uhh... let me guess--I would say yeah.

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 12:00:41 AM »
I don’t see LBJ being part of the plot but I did read somewhere that he ducked down when the first shot was fired. Everyone one else thought it was a car backfiring or a firecracker, not LBJ.
An interesting side note, Gianni Russo was a runner for Frank Costello and he went down to New Orleans on Nov 18, 1963, to pick up a message from Carlos Marcello and return it to Frank Costello. The message from Carlos to Frank said “it’s on”.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 12:00:41 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2021, 09:54:13 PM »
I don’t see LBJ being part of the plot but I did read somewhere that he ducked down when the first shot was fired.
Nah....That's not true. He just pulled Lady Bird down on top of him. R U kidding? Of course he was part of the plot. Read this---
THE GUNS OF DALLAS
  by L. Fletcher Prouty

https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/GoD.html

The message from Carlos to Frank said “it’s on”.
Right  :-\