Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 88213 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #824 on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
Advertisement
Hypocrite Chapman had a fit once when I made a similar crack about his father.

Tell us where you see a 'fit' on my part.
And you already knew my father was dead.

I did not know Martin's wife had passed.
I immediately offered my condolences.
He did not acknowledge same.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:15:58 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #824 on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #825 on: December 26, 2020, 09:23:37 AM »

Tell us where you see a 'fit' on my part.
And you already knew my father was dead.

I did not know Martin's wife had passed.
I immediately offered my condolences.
He did not acknowledge same.

Are you still talking about that? Get over it, will ya... I have!

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #826 on: December 26, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »
And it makes absolutely no difference whether or not you believe that it wasn’t arbitrary.

Without any knowledge of how far off the dispatcher clocks were from real time on that day, or how far off the “city hall” clock was from real time, or how precise the dispatchers were in reporting their time checks, then his “derived estimates” are arbitrary too.

And we have.

Without any knowledge of how far off the dispatcher clocks were from real time on that day, or how far off the “city hall” clock was from real time, or how precise the dispatchers were in reporting their time checks, then his “derived estimates” are arbitrary too.

This is the misconception that is at the crux of my disagreement with you two. You simply cannot dismiss his methods of deriving “real” time with that silly statement. Shame on you.

Show us how you believe his methods of deriving “real” time become arbitrary by examining his method and pointing out exactly where you believe that they become arbitrary. You cannot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #826 on: December 26, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #827 on: December 26, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

This is the misconception that is at the crux of my disagreement with you two. You simply cannot dismiss his methods of deriving “real” time with that silly statement. Shame on you.

Show us how you believe his methods of deriving “real” time become arbitrary by examining his method and pointing out exactly where you believe that they become arbitrary. You cannot.

I'm not sure who you are talking to here and who "you two" are, but just in case I'm one of the two, I have already given up trying to have a reasonable conversation with you. Trying to explain something to you is a complete waste of time as you will never accept anything anybody says when it is contrary to your own opinion. And yes, I understand that you will probably will start arguing about that as well.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:35:07 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #828 on: December 26, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
I'm not sure who you are talking to here and who "you two" are, but just in case I'm one of the two, I have already given up trying to have a reasonable conversation with you.

You are the other one. You said (paraphrasing) that his assumption of 12:29:10 was arbitrary and that he could have just as easily chose 12:28 or 12:31. This is essentially the same misconception that John  has.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #828 on: December 26, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #829 on: December 26, 2020, 12:42:29 PM »

You are the other one. You said (paraphrasing) that his assumption of 12:29:10 was arbitrary and that he could have just as easily chose 12:28 or 12:31. This is essentially the same misconception that John  has.

John has already explained it to you. You just don't get it.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #830 on: December 26, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »
Hi Charles.  It was information overload (in a good way) during the two days I spent up there with Dale Myers (as well as with Todd Vaughan).

I'm sure I can answer your question if you can be more specific.

That must have been a great experience.  Thumb1:

When I read Bowles’ report, he specifically explains how he derived the 12:29:10 time for the start of the open-mike transmission. And he ties it to a specific event (the sighting of the front of the motorcade passing under the triple underpass. In his book, Dale Myers indicates that he used a similar method to Bowles’ method; but he doesn’t tie it to a specific event (unless I missed that). Did he explain his method to you to the extent of what specific event he used (if any)?

Thanks!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #830 on: December 26, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #831 on: December 26, 2020, 05:09:10 PM »
The most farcical of all is that Bill Brown seems to believe and defend a theory which says that Callaway, who was less than on block (approx 0.1 mile) away from the shooting needed 5 minutes, after the shots, to get to the scene and call the dispatcher. Says it all, really....

All ya gotta do is read Callaway's own words.  He did not make his way up to the corner until after the killer had reached the corner of Patton and Jefferson.

Callaway was at the scene sooner than five minutes after the shots; he just did not get on the police radio to report it immediately upon arriving at the scene.

You really should read his testimony a little closer.