Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald smoke?  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Did Oswald smoke?
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »
Advertisement
He would have been convicted before the Warren Commission Report could have been completed.
Completed? You mean released. The story was essentially in wraps before the shots were ever fired.
What in the Report was any different than the story that was told that weekend?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 08:11:43 PM »
Completed? You mean released. The story was essentially in wraps before the shots were ever fired.
What in the Report was any different than the story that was told that weekend?

That is a reply to Walt’s post:

You're being facetious of course , but if you were being serious I doubt that you'd bet any money on Lee being convicted if they hadn't lynched him, and he had his day in court.    The very fact that there are thousands of people who doubt that the Warren Report is the truth, would cause an intelligent person to  doubt that Lee would have been convicted.

Walt is contending that doubt of the Warren Report is evidence that LHO wouldn’t have been convicted. I was merely pointing out that the Warren Report would not have yet existed before they would have already convicted LHO (had he survived to stand trial).

All of this line of thought is conjecture. But if the state of Texas had put LHO on trial, the Warren Commission and its Report most likely would not have been created. The state of Texas would have most likely not released a lot of information that didn’t become public in the trial. And we wouldn’t have anything close to the amount of information that we do have from the Warren Commission to second guess the case with. For all these reasons Walt’s contention makes no sense. That is what I meant to convey.