Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 14139 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2020, 12:27:01 AM »
Advertisement
So, you reference Roberdeau's " map" regarding Nix's position in Dealey Plaza.

Now, you admit that no one knows Nix's position in Dealey Plaza.

Again, Robardeu's map is useless in regards to the thread topic.

Firstly, I never used Roberdeau's map for anything to do with this thread. There's no need, any angles can be estimated using the relative position of the limo.
Secondly, nowhere have I said "no-one knows Nix's position". It doesn't take too much brainpower to figure out where Nix is standing but, again, it's not necessary to know where he's standing in Dealey Plaza.
Thirdly, the position Roberdeau has for Nix on his map is more or less accurate, not that it matters.

Other than that, great contribution  8)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2020, 12:27:01 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2020, 04:27:16 AM »
John, you can find nix's location by tracing his lines of sight. You pick something like a Lamppost or a sign in the film and then note what lies directly behind it from the cameras point of view. Then you take a map and draw a line from the object that lines up behind the lamp post, through the lamp post and continue it on across the Plaza. For those two objects to line up you would have to be standing somewhere along that line. That's a line of sight. But then you have to do it at least twice with another object in the film. As an example you might line up another lamp post in the South Plaza and draw another line. Those lines will cross at some point. That will be the position, the only position from which you could see both of those alignments. Take one step to the side and the Lamppost won't line up with the object behind it anymore. That's how you use the film to find out exactly where the camera was. Then you can do the same thing using Google Maps to double-check.
Gee, does Nix's camera lens not factor into this simple task?

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2020, 06:13:24 AM »
No the camera lens doesn't make much of a difference at all. Most of the Distortion is not in the center of the lens. Distortion can bend things but it will not make one object appear behind another falsely. You do have to make sure the photo is rotated to level though. But you don't really need multiple lines of sight other than the line of sight through the limo. For instance where does the front of Nellie's window line up with the far side of the limo. As I recall it lines up with the sun visor on the shotgun side. Draw a line from exactly where that window wines up underneath the sun visor and extend that line to the point on Nelly's window you were using. If you do that on an overhead diagram or picture of the limo, you will have the angle at which Nix was relative to the limo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2020, 06:13:24 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2020, 06:40:30 AM »
No the camera lens doesn't make much of a difference at all. Most of the Distortion is not in the center of the lens. Distortion can bend things but it will not make one object appear behind another falsely. You do have to make sure the photo is rotated to level though. But you don't really need multiple lines of sight other than the line of sight through the limo. For instance where does the front of Nellie's window line up with the far side of the limo. As I recall it lines up with the sun visor on the shotgun side. Draw a line from exactly where that window wines up underneath the sun visor and extend that line to the point on Nelly's window you were using. If you do that on an overhead diagram or picture of the limo, you will have the angle at which Nix was relative to the limo.
Uh, ok.
"Distortion... will not make one object appear behind another falsely."
Uh, I guess you've got some "target fixation" going on. :) And disproving the fact of Nix/Zapruder non alignment is your target.

Let's recap: you cite Roberdeau's "map. You say this "map" tells you Nix's location. And the angle at which Nix is shooting from.

I point out that there are no photos/films to document Nix's location.
So, how do you know what the angle is?

You double down and tell me line of sight? And that the camera lens is unimportant? So, are changes in elevations unimportant? Do you conduct land surveys with a super 8 camera?

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2020, 06:58:01 AM »
Okay at this point I have to say you really don't know what you're talkin about. Learn how lines of sight are applied to find specific locations. It's science but it's not rocket science.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2020, 06:58:01 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2020, 01:59:26 PM »
Uh, ok.
"Distortion... will not make one object appear behind another falsely."
Uh, I guess you've got some "target fixation" going on. :) And disproving the fact of Nix/Zapruder non alignment is your target.

Let's recap: you cite Roberdeau's "map. You say this "map" tells you Nix's location. And the angle at which Nix is shooting from.

I point out that there are no photos/films to document Nix's location.
So, how do you know what the angle is?

You double down and tell me line of sight? And that the camera lens is unimportant? So, are changes in elevations unimportant? Do you conduct land surveys with a super 8 camera?

Where is Nix in the clip below?

This picture might help clarify things:

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2020, 06:42:27 PM »
Where is Nix in the clip below?

This picture might help clarify things:

Where is Nix?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2020, 06:42:27 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »
Okay at this point I have to say you really don't know what you're talkin about. Learn how lines of sight are applied to find specific locations. It's science but it's not rocket science.
So, first you present Roberdeau's "map", which is worthless.
Now you present the " lines of sight".
Please show your work. Not just your "results".
Thx.