Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 14139 times)

Offline Chris Bristow

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2020, 10:27:46 AM »
Advertisement
I just measured it from the West map. At frame 375 Jackie is just getting fully spread out on the trunk. Nix is 50 degrees to the side  and 40 degrees away from being perpendicular to the limo. By frame 400 she is receding and the limo has changed its angle to 40 degrees to the side and 50 degrees away from perpendicular to the limo. Approx but close.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2020, 10:27:46 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2020, 12:42:03 PM »
Where did you get your 45 degrees from?

Do yourself a favour, go back and read through the first post (which you should've done in the first place)

Let me explain it to you in a way I feel confident you will understand -
On another thread you brought up inconsistencies between the Nix and Zapruder film completely out of nowhere, it had nothing to do with what we were talking about or what the thread was about  but I looked into it anyway and came across this article by Milicent Cranor, writing for the WhoWhatWhy website (https://whowhatwhy.org/2018/07/12/jfk-assassination-film-proof-of-tampering/) showing the problem researchers such as yourself were having when comparing two specific frames from the Nix and Zapruder films. It was felt they demonstrated a discrepancy which could only be explained by 'tampering' with the films. It took me seconds to figure out what was going on - you had failed to realise Jackie was leaning diagonally across the trunk of the limo which created what I have named the Nix Illusion. Rather than try to explain it in writing I felt it would be more helpful to make a little video to demonstrate things, so I went into the kitchen and got the first things to hand - a baking tray, a spoon and a lighter. I set things up, made the video and it worked perfectly, clearly demonstrating the illusion that you had fallen for - one angle the spoon and lighter are touching, one angle there is clear separation:

The 'inconsistency' you originally brought up had been resolved, you had simply failed to realise Jackie was leaning diagonally across the trunk of the limo. Such a simple thing - but do you have the good grace to 'learn', to be shown something new and allow it to inform your opinion - not a chance!
Rather than accept you are wrong in any detail, no matter how small, you now what to make up false arguments to distract from your mental inflexibility. I made the kitchen set up without any thought to scale or angles, I just wanted to show the illusion. I specifically state this in my opening post. You have decided to ignore this and want to argue that my throw-together kitchen set-up with a tray. a spoon and a lighter isn't an accurate scale model of the Presidential limo on the day of the assassination.
You want to argue about the angle of the spoon on the tray representing Jackie leaning diagonally across the trunk. Due to a lack of imagination you can't see that changing the angle of the spoon doesn't change the fundamentals of how the illusion works. You just want to get lost in a meaningless argument about trivia rather than admit you've made an honest mistake.

I never mentioned 45 or 20 degrees. These are your inventions, part of the trivia you hope to argue. And then you have the nerve to ask where I have got 45 degrees from. Unbelievable.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »

Do yourself a favour, go back and read through the first post (which you should've done in the first place)

Let me explain it to you in a way I feel confident you will understand -
On another thread you brought up inconsistencies between the Nix and Zapruder film completely out of nowhere, it had nothing to do with what we were talking about or what the thread was about  but I looked into it anyway and came across this article by Milicent Cranor, writing for the WhoWhatWhy website (https://whowhatwhy.org/2018/07/12/jfk-assassination-film-proof-of-tampering/) showing the problem researchers such as yourself were having when comparing two specific frames from the Nix and Zapruder films. It was felt they demonstrated a discrepancy which could only be explained by 'tampering' with the films. It took me seconds to figure out what was going on - you had failed to realise Jackie was leaning diagonally across the trunk of the limo which created what I have named the Nix Illusion. Rather than try to explain it in writing I felt it would be more helpful to make a little video to demonstrate things, so I went into the kitchen and got the first things to hand - a baking tray, a spoon and a lighter. I set things up, made the video and it worked perfectly, clearly demonstrating the illusion that you had fallen for - one angle the spoon and lighter are touching, one angle there is clear separation:

The 'inconsistency' you originally brought up had been resolved, you had simply failed to realise Jackie was leaning diagonally across the trunk of the limo. Such a simple thing - but do you have the good grace to 'learn', to be shown something new and allow it to inform your opinion - not a chance!
Rather than accept you are wrong in any detail, no matter how small, you now what to make up false arguments to distract from your mental inflexibility. I made the kitchen set up without any thought to scale or angles, I just wanted to show the illusion. I specifically state this in my opening post. You have decided to ignore this and want to argue that my throw-together kitchen set-up with a tray. a spoon and a lighter isn't an accurate scale model of the Presidential limo on the day of the assassination.
You want to argue about the angle of the spoon on the tray representing Jackie leaning diagonally across the trunk. Due to a lack of imagination you can't see that changing the angle of the spoon doesn't change the fundamentals of how the illusion works. You just want to get lost in a meaningless argument about trivia rather than admit you've made an honest mistake.

I never mentioned 45 or 20 degrees. These are your inventions, part of the trivia you hope to argue. And then you have the nerve to ask where I have got 45 degrees from. Unbelievable.
When your argument is a case study in ad hominem, it shows you have no real response.
:)
P.S. Let me clarify, again. The 45 degrees refers to your camera angle. Also, your camera position is also not reflective of Nix's.  Nix is much farther away, and almost perpendicular to the limo when he starts filming.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 03:02:20 PM »
When your argument is a case study in ad hominem, it shows you have no real response.
:)
P.S. Let me clarify, again. The 45 degrees refers to your camera angle. Also, your camera position is also not reflective of Nix's.  Nix is much farther away, and almost perpendicular to the limo when he starts filming.

This doesn't mean anything.
Like virtually everything you've posted on this thread.
Zero content.
Let's see your homemade video that refutes what I've presented.
It shouldn't be too hard.

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2020, 02:09:08 AM »
https://images.app.goo.gl/VfUUWdxNgfYu4T357

Here is the map showing the position of the limo with Z film frame numbers. If you don't trust it just go to google earth or maps and gut an overhead of the plaza. The Fort Worth sign is right behind the limo in Nix so you can easily draw line of sight and find NIx  is 50 degree off the limo and 40 degrees by fr 400.
 This argument should have ended after one post because it is so easy to check. Draw a line on your map and post it. Or Dan O'meara could do it. I don't have a photo account anywhere so I can't post it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2020, 02:09:08 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2020, 03:09:23 AM »
https://images.app.goo.gl/VfUUWdxNgfYu4T357

Here is the map showing the position of the limo with Z film frame numbers. If you don't trust it just go to google earth or maps and gut an overhead of the plaza. The Fort Worth sign is right behind the limo in Nix so you can easily draw line of sight and find NIx  is 50 degree off the limo and 40 degrees by fr 400.
 This argument should have ended after one post because it is so easy to check. Draw a line on your map and post it. Or Dan O'meara could do it. I don't have a photo account anywhere so I can't post it.
Uh, getting beyond the fact the map is unreadable, what's the source?
Thx.

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2020, 03:53:32 AM »
Oh sorry, I have had that problem before. Here is the source. People find small mistakes and it is updated occasionally. It has a ton of JFK data on it  and is an amazing tool for research.
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/19716-the-11-22-63-dealey-plaza-detailed-map-updated-new-address/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2020, 03:53:32 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »
Uh, getting beyond the fact the map is unreadable, what's the source?
Thx.
Have you done the experiment yet?
Have you realised you're wrong yet?
Are you going to accept you're wrong so we can move on?