Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The First Shot  (Read 122359 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: The First Shot
« Reply #1264 on: May 04, 2023, 10:41:56 PM »
Advertisement
I am just pointing out what he said. You are the one telling us that he didn't mean what he said.

??
Are you on the right thread?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1264 on: May 04, 2023, 10:41:56 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1265 on: May 05, 2023, 12:46:46 AM »
Obviously, just because you agree about the identification of the women in the Darnell clip (for whatever random reason), that doesn't make them the same women in the Z-film.

Identifying the women in the Darnell clip doesn’t identify anybody in the Z film. There’s nothing “certain” about it as you tried to claim. Your argument is that the women in the Darnell clip aren’t Calvary, Westbrook, and one of the Carols. But nobody ever said they were.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 01:19:50 AM by John Iacoletti »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1266 on: May 05, 2023, 01:19:25 AM »
Identifying the women in the Darnell clip doesn’t identify anybody in the Z film. There’s nothing “certain” about it as you tried to claim.

How have you come to the conclusion the women in the Darnell clip are Simmons, Holt and Jacobs?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1266 on: May 05, 2023, 01:19:25 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1267 on: May 05, 2023, 01:23:54 AM »
As I recall, high school pictures of Jacob and Simmons were dug up by somebody (Linda Zambanini?). And Holt’s brother supposedly identified her in the Darnell still.

How did you determine which people in a long line of people lining Elm street are “together”?

Lots of women were wearing headscarves. But Westbrook specifically said she was wearing a blue scarf and that she still has it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 01:42:22 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #1268 on: May 05, 2023, 01:43:54 AM »
In Altgens 6 we see Agents Landis, Ready and Hickey looking over their right shoulders towards the TSBD, presumably in response to the sound of gunfire:

Landis - "I heard what sounded like the report of a high-powered rifle from behind me, over my right shoulder...", "My first glance was at the President, as I was practically looking in his direction anyway...", "I immediately returned my gaze, over my right shoulder."

Ready - "I heard what appeared to be fire crackers going off from my position. I immediately turned to my right rear trying to locate the source but was not able to determine the exact location."

Hickey - "I heard what seemed to me that a firecracker exploded to the right and rear. I stood partially up and turned to the rear to see if I could observe anything. "

Each agent describes their immediate reactions to hearing the first shot, turning to look over their right shoulders looking towards where they felt the sound came from. This is exactly what we see in Altgens 6. However, when we take a closer look at Zapruder we see no meaningful reaction from them (Hickey looks briefly over the side of the car but then returns to his original position). The partial footage of the Z-film below focuses on the follow-up car. It runs from z133 to z207. At no point do we see any meaningful reaction from the agents mentioned above:

A first shot in the z130's or z160's is ruled out by this evidence.
Even a shot around z190 seems unlikely.

Hi Dan!  I cannot remember what year, but it was in the 90's when clearer copies of the Zapruder film began to surface, that I noticed the very sudden head jerks by both JFK and JBC at circa 155-161.  JFK's head jerks very suddenly from left to right.  Meanwhile, JBC turned his head from right to left then very suddenly back to his right, and his head remains in that position until he first shows signs of being hit at frame 222. Connally never changed his position from the time he suddenly turned his head from left to right circa 156-161/2.  I believe the first shot was fired in the early 150's, based on the sudden motions of both men. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1268 on: May 05, 2023, 01:43:54 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1269 on: May 05, 2023, 01:46:28 AM »
Also, Judy Johnson said that she was with Jacob and Holt and several others at the corner of Elm and Houston.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #1270 on: May 05, 2023, 03:12:56 AM »
Thanks for telling us all about what John Chism was percieving.
Maybe you should give him a call and let him know as well.
I am just pointing out what he said. You are the one telling us that he didn't mean what he said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1270 on: May 05, 2023, 03:12:56 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #1271 on: May 05, 2023, 05:53:33 AM »

The President was obscured by tree foliage at Z195.
Here is the photo I used to show when JFK was first clear of the tree:

I put that at z190. What frame range do you say that JFK was in that position?