Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: My Re-Evaluation of Johnny Brewer’s Initial Report of December 6, 1963  (Read 14309 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: My Re-Evaluation of Johnny Brewer’s Initial Report of December 6, 1963
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2020, 12:37:45 AM »
Advertisement
Oswald was " trying to hide"? On a public sidewalk? And maybe, the foyer of a shoe store?

Who, exactly, was Brewer?

1) Where did I say he was trying to hide on the sidewalk?
2) Brewer is and was one of the conspiracy central's biggest nightmares.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:36:55 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2020, 12:37:45 AM »

Online Joe Elliott

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2020, 02:08:38 AM »

Oswald was " trying to hide"? On a public sidewalk? And maybe, the foyer of a shoe store?

Who, exactly, was Brewer?

A patriotic citizen. It’s amazing how unpopular Johnny Brewer is with the CT community. It makes no sense.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2020, 02:28:55 AM »
A patriotic citizen. It’s amazing how unpopular Johnny Brewer is with the CT community. It makes no sense.

Mr Elliott:
First, I neither believe - nor promote- any conspiracy re: JFK. Therefore, please stop referring to me as such. Thx.
Second: I have no feelings - pro or con - regarding Mr. Brewer. I've never met him.
Third: if he's such "patriotic citizen", then, surely, we should know more about him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2020, 02:28:55 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 03:27:58 AM »
The grasping of the minutiae of this thread seems to escape the detractors.
Johnny Brewer claims that "we were listening to a transistor radio"----
Mr. BELIN - I want to take you back to November 22, 1963. This was the day that President Kennedy was assassinated. How did you find out about the assassination, Mr. Brewer?
Mr. BREWER - We were listening to a transistor radio there in the store, just listening to a regular radio program, and they broke in with the bulletin that the President had been shot. And from then, that is all there was. We listened to all of the events....
...And they said a patrolman had been shot in Oak Cliff.
I have linked the radio recordings and the detractors have failed to locate and pinpoint where it was reported that a cop was shot prior to Oswald's arrest. No other Dallas area citizen has stepped forward recalling that news of the policeman's shooting was heard by them prior to Oswald's arrest.
If the detractors want to pretend that ..even so, Brewer heard it anyway...then fine--enjoy your fantasy.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 06:25:34 AM »

Yes it does. See post #24
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:31:39 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 06:25:34 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 07:32:49 AM »
"it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less" - Chapman in Wonderland

Oh so now Brennan watched somebody walk down the street?   :D

Typical incoherent babbling Chapman . . .

I'm not "ignoring" anything.  If you have a point to make about Brewer, then make it rather than JAQ-ing.

I am impervious to your verbal barbs. You may hope that they are damaging me in other people's eyes. Feel free to keep it up. But be careful that you are not eventually seen here as nothing more than a desperate, petty, shallow little Oswald apologist.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:36:45 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 07:39:41 AM »
When did Mr. Brewer make this statement?

Well, if you had clicked on the link I helpfully provided with the quote, you would know.

And what problem does it cause me? He said he didn’t know which station he was listening to. It may have been KLIF. Or it may have not.

You claimed that “we have no information that he was listening to KLIF”. This interview is information.

Your implying that because he thought it might have been KLIF, it probably was KLIF.

When did I “imply” that?

No. The burden is on the people who claim Mr. Brewer could not possibly have heard such a broadcast.

What people claimed that?

The bottom line is that there is NO evidence of a radio announcement of Tippit’s death in Dallas prior to Oswald’s arrest.

Because the Dictabelt tapes record two policemen talking about just such a broadcast at 1:26 or 1:27. I don’t think either was hallucinating.

But you do think that Brewer hallucinated two IBM men in his shop. Go figure.

So, it must be assumed that such a broadcast did take place,

They said NBC. It can conclusively be shown that there was no such report by NBC, because the recordings exist.

No. I live in the San Francisco area. I listen on a radio to a CBS station, KCBS. They talk about the national news, the local news and the local weather and traffic. I assume the same is true throughout the country. Each major city would have its own local NBC radio station and not just broadcast the same that is broadcast out of New York. How else are people to find out about their local weather and traffic? Go to a competitor’s station?

If an affiliate station was giving a local report, then it wouldn’t be “NBC News” reporting it, it would be the local station. But that’s moot, because the local NBC radio affiliate at the time was WBAP, and as Jerry already pointed out, they made no such announcement either.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:46:56 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 07:39:41 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 07:42:12 AM »
There you go again: Ignoring the wailing cop-cars, news of the assassination, a guy observed by Brewer to be attempting to hide, and then conclude that Brewer had no reason to suspect anything.

Strawman. I made no such argument. And Brewer never said “attempting to hide”.

Now show us where Brewer claimed to be doubting his reasons for following Oswald. Seems to me that's nothing but Iacoletti conjecture.

When did I ever ever claim he did?