Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: My Re-Evaluation of Johnny Brewer’s Initial Report of December 6, 1963  (Read 14304 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Advertisement
In this interview with Brewer, at one point he says he thought something to the effect of 'what in hell I doing... am I taking this too far?'. Point out where that could mean anything other than Brewer knowing full well that the funny looking guy might well have been armed & dangerous.
  A [could be] armed and dangerous funny looking guy stops..looks at Brewer and then flips him off  :D 

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

It's not JAQing since I'm not attempting to garner plausible deniability. It seems you're the one who doesn't know what the term JAQing means.

"it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less" - Chapman in Wonderland

Addtionally, you are once again attempting to mislead by ignoring that which gave Brennan cause to watch the guy walk down the street in the first place.

Oh so now Brennan watched somebody walk down the street?   :D

Typical incoherent babbling Chapman . . .

I'm not "ignoring" anything.  If you have a point to make about Brewer, then make it rather than JAQ-ing.

Offline John Iacoletti

The Dallas police Dictabelt recording of the radio transmissions show the dispatcher and one other policeman reporting that NBC News had reported that a Dallas police officer had been shot and killed. This brief talk took place at 1:27 to 1:28 CST, 13 to 14 minutes after the shooting. This is about 7 to 8 minutes before Oswald first showed up at the shoe store.

So, for us to conclude that the police were hearing things, we would need, at a minimum, a recording of the NBC news radio station during this time. Something that Mr. Freeman has not provided us with yet.

The KLIF broadcast is more useful, it starts at 11:30 CST. But was it the NBC News station? We have no information that Mr. Brewer was listening to this station.

ILG: I know this is a crazy question but is there any way of recalling which programme, which station, you were listening to?

JCB: A Dallas station.  I have a feeling it may have been KLIF. That would be one of the stations that I would ordinarily be listening to, but I honestly don't know. It was just the normal run of the motorcade and all of a sudden you hear all the commotion and then you hear something about shots being fired and then -- you know.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16235#relPageId=9&tab=page

I know -- "probably" another "false memory".

All and all, Mr. Freeman has done the minimum, to prove that no Dallas radio station reported on this shooting before 1:35 CST. He only provided the recording of two stations. One of which starts too late to be of any use on the question. Neither is, as far as I can tell, the NBC News Radio station that was being discussed on the Dictabelt tape.

The burden is on the people who claim that Brewer heard a radio report of a policeman being shot in Oak Cliff to show that such a report was actually made.

David Von Pein has a recording of the New York NBC station, I assume, because it uses EST times, not CST. We need a recording of the local Dallas NBC station.

NBC is NBC is NBC. They either reported it or they didn't.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Point out where that could mean anything other than Brewer knowing full well that the funny looking guy might well have been armed & dangerous.

That's nothing but Chapman conjecture.  He had no reason whatsoever to think that the funny guy was armed and dangerous.  Nor did he ever say he did.

Online Joe Elliott

ILG: I know this is a crazy question but is there any way of recalling which programme, which station, you were listening to?

JCB: A Dallas station.  I have a feeling it may have been KLIF. That would be one of the stations that I would ordinarily be listening to, but I honestly don't know. It was just the normal run of the motorcade and all of a sudden you hear all the commotion and then you hear something about shots being fired and then -- you know.

I know -- "probably" another "false memory".

When did Mr. Brewer make this statement? And what problem does it cause me? He said he didn’t know which station he was listening to. It may have been KLIF. Or it may have not. Your implying that because he thought it might have been KLIF, it probably was KLIF. Who is making the ‘probably’ argument now?

The burden is on the people who claim that Brewer heard a radio report of a policeman being shot in Oak Cliff to show that such a report was actually made.

No. The burden is on the people who claim Mr. Brewer could not possibly have heard such a broadcast. Because the Dictabelt tapes record two policemen talking about just such a broadcast at 1:26 or 1:27. I don’t think either was hallucinating. So, it must be assumed that such a broadcast did take place, until it is proven that no such early broadcast took place, on any of the local radio stations, not just one or two. Only then can it be declared “impossible”.

NBC is NBC is NBC. They either reported it or they didn't.

No. I live in the San Francisco area. I listen on a radio to a CBS station, KCBS. They talk about the national news, the local news and the local weather and traffic. I assume the same is true throughout the country. Each major city would have its own local NBC radio station and not just broadcast the same that is broadcast out of New York. How else are people to find out about their local weather and traffic? Go to a competitor’s station?

As an aside, I was running with the theory that some NBC reporter could have monitored the police radio frequencies, to get this scoop. But there is another more-straight forward way. Send some reporters to the Dallas Police station. What better way to get early information? The talk of a police shooting would quickly spread throughout the police station. Later in the day, after Oswald was brought in, the press camped out in huge numbers in the police station. But there is no reason to believe there would not have been a media presence during the first hour after the assassination. If reporters did not find out about the Officer Tippit shooing within a few minutes, or did but decided not to report it, that would be surprising.

P. S. I just remembered, that reporters did know about the shooting of the police officer in the Oak Cliff area. Many of them immediately left the Dealey Plaza area to go to the Oak Cliff area. Before Oswald was captured, one of the reporters was helping the police search a  building, as I recall, and thought this was crazy because he did not have a gun to defend himself.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:06:36 PM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

That's nothing but Chapman conjecture.  He had no reason whatsoever to think that the funny guy was armed and dangerous.  Nor did he ever say he did.

There you go again: Ignoring the wailing cop-cars, news of the assassination, a guy observed by Brewer to be attempting to hide, and then conclude that Brewer had no reason to suspect anything.

::)

Now show us where Brewer claimed to be doubting his reasons for following Oswald. Seems to me that's nothing but Iacoletti conjecture.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:54:06 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Tonkovich

There you go again: Ignoring the wailing cop-cars, news of the assassination, a guy observed by Brewer to be attempting to hide, and then conclude that Brewer had no reason to suspect anything.

::)

Now show us where Brewer claimed to be doubting his reasons for following Oswald. Seems to me that's nothing but Iacoletti conjecture.
Oswald was " trying to hide"? On a public sidewalk? And maybe, the foyer of a shoe store?

Who, exactly, was Brewer?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Joe Elliott

Re: My Re-Evaluation of Johnny Brewer’s Initial Report of December 6, 1963
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2020, 12:12:35 AM »

Question 1:

By the way, what is the CT explanation for the 1:26 or 1:27, exchange, on the Dictabelt recording, between Officer E. G. Sabastian and the Dallas police Dispatcher.

Sabastian            75.     ; getting the Dispatcher’s attention
Dispatcher          75.     ; Dispatcher acknowledging Officer Sabastian
Sabastian            NBC News is reporting DOA.
Dispatcher          That’s correct.
Sabastian            That the officer?
Dispatcher          Yes.

Is this to be considered a “Probable” error?

I don’t think it should be considered a “probable” error until we find that the local Dallas NBC radio station never issued this bulletin at this time. Then it can be considered an error, an incredible error that just happened, by sheer change, to match Mr. Brewer’s recollections two weeks later.

And no, it cannot be the National NBC radio station in New York. Or the local NBC station in Miami. It has to be the local NBC radio station in Dallas. During the time of 1:15 through 1:35 CST.

I should note that this cannot be confusion between hearing about President Kennedy and Officer Tippit. President Kennedy was never declared “DOA”, “Dead on Arrival”. He still had a weak heartbeat and was weakly breathing when he got to the hospital. The doctors worked on him for 10 minutes. Only then did his heart and breathing stop and the doctors gave up. President Kennedy died but he was not “DOA” nor ever declared so in the media. Only Officer Tippit was “DOA”.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:16:55 AM by Joe Elliott »