Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Unsung Heroes  (Read 5282 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Unsung Heroes
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »
Advertisement
In any case, we know Officer Sabastian mentioned the officer.

No, "we" don't know that.  For one thing, it says "75(?)".  For another, it sounds like "that the office" or "at the office" to me.  But if Sebastian actually heard that Tippit was DOA, then why would he be asking "that the officer?" in the first place?

And might possibility (but probably not, probably Officer Owens) also mentioned the President.

To my ear, it sounds like:

A3 (or 83) on the president
No, that's not correct.  Stand by, 19.

Why should this be considered only talking about the death of the President. Wouldn’t it be more reasonable to say that Officer Sabastian was only talking about the death of a police officer. Or at most the death of both a police officer and the President?

No, because there is no evidence of any radio report of a dead policeman at that time.  There is evidence of a radio report of JFK's death at that time.

A slightly garbled report, that the President was DOA, should not cause one to conclude that this could not possibility be referring to the death of President. Any more than a slightly garbled report, that a police officer was DOA, should not cause one to conclude that this could not possibility be referring to the death of a police officer.

But there is no "slightly garbled report that a police officer was DOA".  That's just the spin you're trying to put on it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 02:41:38 PM »
How many threads do we need on Johnny Brewer?

He is one of the "unsung heroes " (sic) who are not to be believed.

His compatriots are legion:
Ruth Paine.
Michael Paine.
Captain Westbrook.
Harry Holmes.
Will Fritz.
Agent Hosty.
Jack Ruby.
Wesley Frazier.
Agent Gerberling.
Patricia McMillan.

By no means am I saying those above were involved in the assassination. They were just willing participants in fingering Oswald, and helping push the official story.

Don't forget Marina Oswald. Without her, the Warren Report would not have been as effective in silencing the issue, in the beginning at least.

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »
Unsung Heroes

There is a list of heroes in the case. Most of them have been known for years.

Officer Tippit. Officer McDonald. Johnny Brewer, Julia Postal. Names of people who at a critical junction, stepped up and did something that resulted in the capture of the assassin of the President with 75 minutes.

But I think there is probably another. Officer E.G. Sabastian reported immediately over the radio that NBC News reported that a police officer had been shot. Johnny Brewer reported hearing two weeks later that he heard an early report of the shooting of a police officer. I think there was such a broadcast. Which means we have another hero. An unknown hero.

Some station news director at the local NBC News station, at WFAA, broadcasting on the NBC station 820 AM got a report that the police radio said that a police officer was murdered in the Oak Cliff area. He made the call, we’re not going to go with another message about what a terrible event this is, we’re not going with another call about what a priest said, we’re not going with another call about we still haven’t heard an official announcement. Instead, he made the call, broadcast, immediately, that a police officer was shot in the Oak Cliff area.

Maybe this didn’t make a difference. Maybe Johnny Brewer was already alerted by the report of the President being shot just 3 miles away just 66 minutes earlier. But who knows, maybe it made the difference. In any case, while all other program directors got locked up with information overload, it appears that one of them didn’t and made the correct call. And scooped the competition. And helped get Oswald captured. To our newest unknown hero, I salute you.

And the myths go on and on and on.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »