Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Getting Some Facts Straight About the Single-Bullet Theory  (Read 17288 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: Getting Some Facts Straight About the Single-Bullet Theory
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2020, 02:48:56 AM »
Advertisement
OK, I would really like to see your conclusion because figuring out what you perceive to be reality becomes excessively time consuming and frankly I have better things to do.

JohnM

Why launder the suit? It was no accident.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2020, 02:48:56 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2020, 03:29:26 AM »
Why launder the suit? It was no accident.

For someone who wants to seem to be neutral you sure make a lot of negative assertions.
The chair with Lincolns "blood stains" that Lincoln was murdered in, is forever on display and even though there appears to be some doubt as to what caused the "blood stains" it still is a macabre way to remember the dead President and perhaps Mrs Connally didn't want her husband and his suit remembered in the centuries to come in some circus sideshow.

Not my arrows, just some photos I found online of where people are pointing out what they believe to be "blood stains".

And on it goes....

A pillow from Willie Clark’s bed at the Petersen House is now a priceless relic. On it, you can see the blood of President Abraham Lincoln.
https://www.fords.org/lincolns-assassination/lincolns-pillow/

Mark Knight a devout CT who's an Admin from the Ed Forum shares his opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was reported that Robert Kennedy allegedly stole his brothers brain for a similar reason.

Mr Hills comments came as it was reported that JFK’s missing brain was stolen by Robert Kennedy after his assassination to stop it ever going on display, according to secret US government files.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/jfk-assassination-robert-f-kennedy-took-his-brothers-brain-after-autopsy/news-story/e22123c43934d769aaa439bb0eeea761

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 04:33:30 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »
More likely it's yet another Chapman recollection failure.

Jackie Kennedy
Top - above the forehead   

Theodore White
'In Search of History'
(Warner Books, 1978), pp. 521-522

---------
Wrap up
---------
I said:
It's from a book apparently
See above
I saw the quote on McAdams site in a graphic layout similar in style to a DPD dispatch layout @McAdams
Yuuuuup!
It might be on the McAdams page (in another graphics layout) where he compares witness testimony as to what they said at the time and then later.
Right about McAdams page and graphic layout. Mistaken about which page.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:18:56 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »
LOL.  Here's the actual quote from the White book:

She remembered, as I sat paralyzed, the pink-rose ridges on the inside of the skull, and how from here on down (she
      made a gesture just above her forhead) "his head was so beautiful. I tried to hold the top of his head down, maybe I
      could keep it in . . . but I knew he was dead."

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »
For someone who wants to seem to be neutral you sure make a lot of negative assertions.
The chair with Lincolns "blood stains" that Lincoln was murdered in, is forever on display and even though there appears to be some doubt as to what caused the "blood stains" it still is a macabre way to remember the dead President and perhaps Mrs Connally didn't want her husband and his suit remembered in the centuries to come in some circus sideshow.

Not my arrows, just some photos I found online of where people are pointing out what they believe to be "blood stains".

And on it goes....

A pillow from Willie Clark’s bed at the Petersen House is now a priceless relic. On it, you can see the blood of President Abraham Lincoln.
https://www.fords.org/lincolns-assassination/lincolns-pillow/

Mark Knight a devout CT who's an Admin from the Ed Forum shares his opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was reported that Robert Kennedy allegedly stole his brothers brain for a similar reason.

Mr Hills comments came as it was reported that JFK’s missing brain was stolen by Robert Kennedy after his assassination to stop it ever going on display, according to secret US government files.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/jfk-assassination-robert-f-kennedy-took-his-brothers-brain-after-autopsy/news-story/e22123c43934d769aaa439bb0eeea761

JohnM
Why was the suit laundered?
Not " I think, maybe, possibly".
It was evidence. Just like JFK's suit jacket, shirt and tie, all of which are in the National Archives. Unlaundered.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2020, 08:57:27 PM »
Look, you probably will never get any of the WC apologists here to admit that the single-bullet theory (SBT) is not only demonstrably wrong but patently ridiculous.

If they will not admit something so brazenly obvious as the fact that no bullet shaped like CE 399 could have made the H-shaped tears in the front of Connally’s shirt, there is little hope they will admit facts that are not quite so obvious but that are still clear to reasonable people.

Facts that fall into the second category include the fact that the slits in the front of JFK’s shirt are cuts made by a knife, not by a bullet, that the slits are not the same length (the HSCA admitted they differ in length), and the fact that the absence of a hole through JFK’s tie and the absence of a defect any kind on the edge of the tie prove that no bullet exited the throat. The FBI lab experts, trying to be as helpful as possible, said the slits could have been made by a bullet fragment, but they were unwilling to say more, since no copper traces were found on the edges of the slits, and given the irregular nature of the slits. Robert Frazier, however, told the WC that the slits could have been made a bullet, although he was careful to note that the slits did not resemble a typical bullet hole in clothing. Of course, years later a Parkland nurse revealed that one of the nurses made the slits.

It is instructive that before the autopsy doctors knew what they were supposed to say about the SBT, even they unanimously agreed there was no way CE 399 could have smashed Connally’s wrist bone, one of the hardest bones in the body, without incurring much more damage to its shape and more loss of substance.

The Warren Commission’s (WC’s) most qualified wound ballistics expert, Dr. Joseph Dolce, conducted ballistics tests that refuted the SBT, but the commission simply ignored the tests. In a 1986 interview, Dr. Dolce said,

“The disturbing feature at this conference [with Arlen Specter and others] was that the lawyer [Specter] says, ‘Now Doctor, we want you to tell us exactly how this bullet traveled, the velocity traveled, the velocity lost during the period of travel. And why it came out as a pristine bullet, unmarked bullet.’ I said, ‘Sorry, it doesn’t happen that way. This bullet should have been deformed’. . . . They wanted this to be the bullet that caused all of the damage, and I did not go along with that.”

The results of Dr. Dolce’s wound ballistics tests were revealing—and devastating to the SBT. 10 bullets were fired into the wrists of human cadavers; one bullet was fired into a goat’s rib; and one bullet was fired into a block of gelatin.

Of the 10 bullets fired into cadaver wrists, the WC was only willing to include pictures of four of them in its published volumes: all four bullets emerged substantially more deformed than CE 399 (see https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62296&relPageId=35). And keep in mind that these bullets did not smash through several inches of rib before hitting the wrists.

The bullet that was fired into a goat’s rib emerged much more flattened than CE 399 (see https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62296&relPageId=43).

The bullet that was fired into a gelatin block emerged looking a lot like CE 399 (see https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62296&relPageId=43). 

There was a reason that Dr. Michael Baden, chairman of the HSCA medical panel, refused Dr. Cyril Wecht’s request that the panel arrange for a wound ballistics test to test the claim that an FMJ bullet like CE 399 could do all the damage claimed by the SBT and still emerge looking like CE 399.

In 1992, All-American Television arranged for a wound ballistics test. A 6.5 mm FMJ bullet was fired into a gelatin block with two chicken bones positioned several inches apart inside it. The bullet emerged markedly deformed, far more deformed than CE 399.

And on and on and on we could go.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 12:33:47 AM by Michael T. Griffith »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2020, 09:33:18 PM »
LOL.  Here's the actual quote from the White book:

She remembered, as I sat paralyzed, the pink-rose ridges on the inside of the skull, and how from here on down (she
      made a gesture just above her forhead) "his head was so beautiful. I tried to hold the top of his head down, maybe I
      could keep it in . . . but I knew he was dead."

You're going sideways again: What has that got to do with your 'Chapman recollection failure'?
(Iacoletti Reply#167)

-------------------------------
I said:

'It's from a book apparently. I saw the quote on McAdams site in a graphic layout similar in style to a DPD dispatch layout @McAdams. It might be on the McAdams page (in another graphics layout) where he compares witness testimony as to what they said at the time and then later.
Right about McAdams page and graphic layout. Mistaken about which page'

--------------------------------

My recollection is fine
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:09:59 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2020, 09:33:18 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
My recollection is fine

Except for the part where you falsely presented this as a quote from Jackie.

Jackie had the best view.

'Top, behind the forehead' said she.