Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 224729 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1872 on: January 29, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »
Advertisement
The unidentified guy in the picture is Robert Edwards.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1872 on: January 29, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1873 on: January 30, 2022, 01:43:13 AM »
The Sixth Floor Museum has forwarded me a scan from the Darnell film, which has higher resolution than anything I've seen on the internet. I am going to seek permission from the copyright holder, which is NBC Universal, to post it on-line for the benefit of the research community.
Photo-researchers should have much more to eleborate with this image. I am told it is a Full HD scan made at 1920 x 1080 pixels. The Museum is not sure which generation of Darnell film it originated from. Personally I can't imagine a newsfilm losing any significant amount of quality during the early phases of copying, and we don't even know whether this may in fact be a scan from the original film.

Hopefully NBC Universal will respond favorably during the coming week...

This is exciting news indeed, Mr Gilbride!  Thumb1:

Would I be right in understanding that you have been sent a scan of a single frame from the Darnell film clip? If so, is it the frame below?

Cf! Mr James Hackerott visited the Sixth Floor Museum on (I think) two occasions, and kindly shared with members of this forum a) sketches he made b) a tracing-------------------------

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 01:48:05 AM by Alan Ford »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #1874 on: January 30, 2022, 02:52:49 AM »
I think it might be Freddie Kruger. The shiny thing is his glove.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1874 on: January 30, 2022, 02:52:49 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1875 on: February 01, 2022, 08:51:30 PM »
I strongly suspect that the main reason the identification of Oswald was based on the "hairline" of the Prayer Man figure. A close-up of Darnell (taken from the Prayer Man website) reveals the figure does indeed appear to have a hairline similar to Oswald:

It must be noted that this picture is covered with "distortions", most probably a product of enhancement. These distortions are everywhere and consist of patches of horizontal lines close together. Look at Prayer Man's right elbow and you will see one very clearly. Note how it "drags" a darker colour into the elbow.
Now look at Prayer Man's head and you will see such a distortion. There is one that runs through the top of the head and carries on, cutting off the dark shadow of the door frame behind.
In the extreme close-up below this extended distortion is picked out with a red arrow:

Prayer Man's distinctive hairline is the product of distortions created by enhancing the picture.
It has nothing to do with Oswald's hairline.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:53:06 PM by Dan O'meara »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1876 on: February 01, 2022, 10:20:30 PM »
I strongly suspect that the main reason the identification of Oswald was based on the "hairline" of the Prayer Man figure. A close-up of Darnell (taken from the Prayer Man website) reveals the figure does indeed appear to have a hairline similar to Oswald:

It must be noted that this picture is covered with "distortions", most probably a product of enhancement.

Exactly, so let's look at that frame in the unenhanced version, as shared by the superb Mr Robin Unger. The receding hairline is already quite evident in this unenhanced (i.e. undistorted) version-----------------

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1876 on: February 01, 2022, 10:20:30 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1877 on: February 01, 2022, 10:42:42 PM »
Exactly, so let's look at that frame in the unenhanced version, as shared by the superb Mr Robin Unger. The receding hairline is already quite evident in this unenhanced (i.e. undistorted) version-----------------

Thumb1:

"Unenhanced"  :D :D

When we look closer the distortions, although softened (through further enhancement, no doubt), are still present (circled red).
The distortion running through Prayer Man's head is still clearly present (red arrow).
Prayer Man's hairline is a product of initial enhancement which appears to have been "softened", leaving "Oswald's hairline".

Unlucky Alan.  Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1878 on: February 02, 2022, 12:07:48 AM »
"Unenhanced"  :D :D

This image--------presented honestly by the honest Mr Unger---------should have been your reference, Mr O'Meara, not the ridiculous version you drew your silly tendentious conclusions from

When we look closer the distortions, although softened (through further enhancement, no doubt), are still present (circled red).
The distortion running through Prayer Man's head is still clearly present (red arrow).
Prayer Man's hairline is a product of initial enhancement which appears to have been "softened", leaving "Oswald's hairline".

~Grin~

Translation: It looks like LHO's hairline; I wish it didn't look like LHO's hairline; so here are some makey-uppey reasons I've come up with for why it is in fact the full head of non-receding gray hair of an obese woman who was standing to Wesley Frazier's east.

Of course, Mr O'Meara, we all know that if it was Mr Frazier you didn't want to be in the doorway in Darnell you'd be BSing us with all the reasons why his hairline is merely an optical illusion caused by 'enhancement', 'distortion', etc. etc. Weak sauce!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 12:19:47 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1878 on: February 02, 2022, 12:07:48 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1879 on: February 02, 2022, 12:54:04 AM »
This image--------presented honestly by the honest Mr Unger---------should have been your reference, Mr O'Meara, not the ridiculous version you drew your silly tendentious conclusions from

~Grin~

Translation: It looks like LHO's hairline; I wish it didn't look like LHO's hairline; so here are some makey-uppey reasons I've come up with for why it is in fact the full head of non-receding gray hair of an obese woman who was standing to Wesley Frazier's east.

Of course, Mr O'Meara, we all know that if it was Mr Frazier you didn't want to be in the doorway in Darnell you'd be BSing us with all the reasons why his hairline is merely an optical illusion caused by 'enhancement', 'distortion', etc. etc. Weak sauce!

"This image--------presented honestly by the honest Mr Unger---------should have been your reference, Mr O'Meara, not the ridiculous version you drew your silly tendentious conclusions from."

The "ridiculous version" was taken from your place of worship - the PrayerMan website.
And if you're saying those distortions aren't there, on both versions, it's you who looks ridiculous.
It's there for everyone to see.
No way around that one Alan  Thumb1:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 12:55:10 AM by Dan O'meara »