Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 221564 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1024 on: January 22, 2021, 09:02:10 PM »
Advertisement
So Mr Truly lied to Captain Fritz?

HUH??....  Truly told Fritz while Fritz was at the TSBD ( Around 1:45 ??)   that officer Baker had encountered a man ON THE STAIRS .....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1024 on: January 22, 2021, 09:02:10 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1025 on: January 22, 2021, 09:05:54 PM »
Friends, think about the absurd position of those who believe that Mr Oswald confirmed a second-floor post-shooting encounter with the officer and Mr Truly.

A. Suppose Mr Oswald is guilty of the shooting. He went downstairs and was confronted by the officer at the lunchroom. Now in custody, he knows that Mr Truly and the officer will tell Captain Fritz of this, if they haven't done so already. So he confirms the encounter. The self-interested thing to do now is to just tell the next part truthfully as to external facts: I wanted to find out what had happened. I went through the office area, where one of the ladies who works there told me the President had been shot. I went down the front stairs and out front.

B. Suppose Mr Oswald is innocent of the shooting. He happened to be confronted by the officer at the lunchroom. Now in custody, he knows that Mr Truly and the officer will tell Captain Fritz of this, if they haven't done so already. So he confirms the encounter. All he has to do now is tell the next part: I wanted to find out what had happened. I went through the office area, where one of the ladies who works there told me the President had been shot. I went down the front stairs and out front.

About the single maddest, most suicidally self-incriminating thing Mr Oswald can do-------------on EITHER scenario above--------------is say: I immediately put the encounter with the police officer out of my mind and went back down to the first floor to eat my lunch. Then I walked to the front of the building, not noticing anything or anybody around me. Then I went outside to watch the P. Parade. To my great surprise...

Yet this is what Team Keep LHO Away From Them Steps would have us believe Mr Oswald said!

Mr O'Meara, in his zeal to keep Mr Oswald away from them steps, even goes a step further-----------

I immediately put the encounter with the police officer out of my mind and went back down to the first floor to eat my lunch. Then I walked to the front of the building, not noticing anything or anybody around me. Then I went outside to watch the P. Parade. It took a little while before I realized that it wasn't a normal parade...

Why----------according to Mr O'Meara----------did Mr Oswald say this? Why, to fashion for himself an alibi:D

Meanwhile, for those of us who prefer things to be straightforwardly logical, we have a perfectly simple claim from Mr Oswald himself:

I went to the second floor lunchroom and bought a Coke. I then went down to the first floor to have lunch. Then I took what was left of my lunch and Coke outside with me to watch the P. Parade. I was there on the front steps when the shooting happened.

Mr Oswald's claim is the primary claim. It both precedes and has a hell of a lot more going for it than the WC fairytale claim. The fact that it had to be suppressed tells us all we need to know about its correspondence to reality!  Thumb1:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:51:29 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1026 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:11 PM »
HUH??....  Truly told Fritz while Fritz was at the TSBD ( Around 1:45 ??)   that officer Baker had encountered a man ON THE STAIRS .....

Did Mr Truly tell Captain Fritz that the man was Mr Oswald?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1026 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1027 on: January 22, 2021, 09:28:16 PM »
Did Mr Truly tell Captain Fritz that the man was Mr Oswald?

Truly may ? have told Fritz that the man's name was Lee Oswald......But I doubt it.

Baker described the man as being about 30, with dark hair, weighing 165 pounds, and wearing a light brown jacket. And he was walking away from the stairs.

Baker did NOT describe Lee Oswald...and therefore Truly would have known full well that the man was NOT Lee Oswald.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1028 on: January 22, 2021, 09:32:28 PM »
Meanwhile, for those of us who prefer things to be straightforwardly logical, we have a perfectly clear claim from Mr Oswald himself:

I went to the second floor lunchroom and bought a Coke. I then went down to the first floor to have lunch. Then I took what was left of my lunch and Coke outside with me to watch the P. Parade. I was there on the front steps when the shooting happened.

Mr Oswald's claim is the primary claim. It both precedes and has a hell of a lot more going for it than the WC fairytale claim. The fact that it had to be suppressed tells us all we need to know about its correspondence to reality!  Thumb1:

By the afternoon of the assassination, the 'investigating' authorities had a compound nightmare on their hands............

-----------The suspect was claiming, truthfully, to have been on the front steps at the time of the shooting
-----------The suspect was claiming, truthfully, to have been asked by an officer charging into the building whether he worked there
-----------That same officer was talking about confronting a man by the rear stairway several floors up
-----------There was no guarantee that a witness to the suspect (and/or to Suspect + Officer + Mr Truly) on the steps would not tell a pressman about it
-----------There was no guarantee that a photograph or film showing the suspect (and/or Suspect + Officer + Mr Truly) on the steps would not show up

What to do?

Well....

Priority #1: Get Mr Oswald away from those steps
Priority #2: Disappear the non-Oswaldian man caught walking away from the rear stairway

Thus was born the Lunchroom Encounter
-----------------A location within theoretical striking distance of the sixth floor for a shooter, but within theoretical striking distance of the front entrance for a non-shooter
-----------------A location that Mr Oswald himself would have had good reason to visit during lunchtime (should public proof of his innocence emerge)
-----------------On a floor whose layout meant that Mr Oswald could theoretically have gone up quickly enough by the front stairs to be seen "walking" (if not "walking away") by the officer coming on to the floor off the rear stairs.

Frame the suspect, but if that doesn't stick: CYA!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:52:43 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1028 on: January 22, 2021, 09:32:28 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1029 on: January 22, 2021, 09:33:35 PM »
Truly may ? have told Fritz that the man's name was Lee Oswald......But I doubt it.

Baker described the man as being about 30, with dark hair, weighing 165 pounds, and wearing a light brown jacket. And he was walking away from the stairs.

Baker did NOT describe Lee Oswald...and therefore Truly would have known full well that the man was NOT Lee Oswald.

So Mr Truly volunteered to Captain Fritz the information that he had cleared as an employee a man who was not an employee?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2021, 09:35:21 PM »
Meanwhile, for those of us who prefer things to be straightforwardly logical, we have a perfectly clear claim from Mr Oswald himself:

Where and when do you imagine that Lee Oswald said this??   I have never heard of anything like this....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2021, 09:35:21 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1031 on: January 22, 2021, 09:48:34 PM »
Well, there were other people in the room anyway. Whether they heard such an exchange is another matter altogether.

Inspector Kelley has Mr Oswald make three straight denials---------

----------but Agent Bookhout records only two----------

Let us remind ourselves of how Agent Bookhout--------in first his solo report---------begins his account of Mr Oswald's account of his movements around the time of the assassination:

"OSWALD stated that on November 22, 1963, at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers, he was on the second floor of said building..."

Notice how Agent Bookhout is going straight to "the time of the search", having skipped over the single most important bit------the time of the shooting itself.

This is the lunchroom CYA strategy in operation: do NOT put any claimed assassination-time location in Mr Oswald's mouth, nor even a denial that he had watched the P. Parade, lest proof emerge down the line that he was in fact out front------------and that YOU lied about what he said in interrogation.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:55:25 PM by Alan Ford »