Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Simple Question in Physics  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Re: A Simple Question in Physics
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 03:32:20 AM »
Advertisement
Rather than reinvent the wheel, please see my reply in my thread on JFK's backward head movement and the neurospasm and jet-effect theories:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2623.msg93359.html#msg93359

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 03:32:20 AM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 02:04:13 AM »
Real life isn't Hollywood, these soldiers are all shot in the head with fmj bullets and no one is violently thrown forward, they just fall down and move back towards the shooters.

JohnM
The red line in your last post made no sense to me but I will say it is possible some of the shots,  other than the closest shooter, went to the head. So it is possible for a head not to be thrust forward from a rear shot. In some cases the head will move forward and in other circumstances it does not. When the knees buckle it can cause the torso to tilt backwards but most of the victims torso's in the film stay straight till they fall to the ass. A possibility is that the forward motion imparted by the bullet was countered by the backward tilt of the torso. This is a rabbit hole and I will leave it to ballistic experts because I don't have a problem with the forward head movement issue.
 But I have always had a problem with using standing victims to illustrate head movement. You say they fall backward toward the shooter. Are you trying to support the rear movement of JFK's head with those victims falling backward after landing on their butts?   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 02:06:06 AM by Chris Bristow »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »

I am not surprised that CTers do not answer this question, but I am surprised that LNers don’t either, even those who made posts here.

A bullet will “push” a target, like a head. That is why the President’s head moves forward during z312-z313. The bullet only takes 1 to 2 milliseconds to pass through the head, after which, the bullet, or its fragments, continue on.

Does this acceleration, this push, only last for 1 to 2 milliseconds? Or does it last for a lot longer, like 200 to 250 milliseconds, continuing to push the head after the bullet has left?

Please vote on an answer.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 02:09:08 AM »
I am not surprised that CTers do not answer this question, but I am surprised that LNers don’t either, even those who made posts here.

A bullet will “push” a target, like a head. That is why the President’s head moves forward during z312-z313. The bullet only takes 1 to 2 milliseconds to pass through the head, after which, the bullet, or its fragments, continue on.

Does this acceleration, this push, only last for 1 to 2 milliseconds? Or does it last for a lot longer, like 200 to 250 milliseconds, continuing to push the head after the bullet has left?

Please vote on an answer.

but I am surprised that LNers don’t either, even those who made posts here.

Hi Joe, I already agreed with you and I have now voted. Thumb1:

JohnM

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »
 I would like to add a comment that includes pictures but I don't see any way to do it. Could someone plus give me a one minute block of instruction on how to do it, thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »
I would like to add a comment that includes pictures but I don't see any way to do it. Could someone plus give me a one minute block of instruction on how to do it, thanks.

If a webpage has a picture you want to show, just bracket by leading with the 5 letters “”, with the webpage in-between. Don’t include the quotes and I do not add any spaces.

Then, before posting, instead of clicking “Post”, click “Preview” to see if it works.

If you cannot get “” to work, try “”…””. People will have to click on the click to see it, but it is another option. Often only “”…”” is the only option for large webpages.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 06:42:39 PM »

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,299.0.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 06:42:39 PM »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2020, 02:52:06 AM »
Thanks but what if it's a picture on my computer?