Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Free Book Now Available -- Hasty Judgment: Why the JFK Case Is Not Closed  (Read 36114 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Free Book Now Available -- Hasty Judgment: Why the JFK Case Is Not Closed
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2020, 10:11:07 AM »
Advertisement
Johnny,

What do you think does Waldman 7 prove exactly?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2020, 10:11:07 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »
The link doesn't work for you?

Which part of the testimony do you not understand?

The link works fine but it still doesn't help me understand this:

Quote from: Otto Beck on August 06, 2020, 07:37:59 AM
"Because that was the alleged purpose of producing the the original to Waldman 4."

Mr. BELIN. Do you have any master control ledger or book of any kind that has these control numbers on them?
Mr. SCIBOR. Yes. One copy is sent to what we call the booking department, and those are put into a master book, control book.
Mr. BELIN. Are you required by law to keep records of serial numbers of guns?
Mr. SCIBOR. Yes.

Yeah, and? Scibor acknowledged that they were required by law to keep records of serial numbers of guns. They kept at least two copies of them. One copy being in a master book. He said nothing at all about the law requiring those records to be kept in a master book.

Why are you asking me?

Because it's your claim, that's why.   Where do you get that they were required by law to keep the control and serial numbers in a master book? What specific Federal or State of Illinois law required those records to be kept in a master book?

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2020, 10:37:25 PM »
Which part of this statement do you not understand?

"He stated that the original of this report is directed at the company recording and booking department, where it is entered into a master booking system and the original of this report is then destroyed."

I understand that statement. What I don't understand is this:

"Because that was the alleged purpose of producing the the original to Waldman 4."

Right, I see where your semantic game is headed....

But it doesn't help you one bit. The Klein's official record of serial (and control) numbers, if the law dropped by, would be the "master book".

I'm not playing a semantics game here. You claimed that Klein's was required by law to keep their records of serial (and control) numbers in a master book. You've just repeated that claim. Where do you get that they were required by law to keep the control and serial numbers in a master book? What specific Federal or State of Illinois law required those records to be kept in a master book?

Waldman #4 is a record that Klein's kept of the serial and control numbers.

See above.

See above.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2020, 10:37:25 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2020, 07:45:31 AM »
So you do understand that W4 is claimed to be a copy of an original alleged to be the source of the numbers in the master book?

Yes, I do understand that.

Wrong, I did not repeat that claim, I carefully rephrased it:

You worded it differently but the meaning is the same.

The Klein's official record of serial (and control) numbers, if the law dropped by, would be the "master book".

Prove it.

They could simply have filed the original coming out of the receiving department but put extra effort into copying the numbers into the master book, then destroying the original. There can be no doubt the master (or control) book is where they kept serial numbers to comply with the law. Waldman 4 was for Scibor's convenience.

Again, prove it.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2020, 08:07:26 AM »

The Klein's official record of serial (and control) numbers, if the law dropped by, would be the "master book".

Guess what Einstein, the law did drop by and Kleins readily retrieved all the relevant paperwork! LOL!
Kleins traced where they received the rifle from.
Kleins traced their catalogue number.
Kleins traced who bought the rifle
Kleins traced where they sent the rifle.
Kleins business records as required by law allowed them to successfully achieve these results.

Btw keep trying because watching you dig a deeper hole with every post amuses me.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2020, 08:07:26 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:58 AM »

What does "master" and "control" suggest?

You claim that Klein's official record of serial (and control) numbers, if the law dropped by, would be the "master book".

Where's your proof?

See above.

What? You claimed that Klein's was required by law to keep the control and serial numbers in a master book. How does what you stated above substantiate that claim? What specific Federal or State of Illinois law required those records to be kept in a master book?

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »
It wasn't W4, so you're left with be the master or control book since the original was destroyed. That's why Scibor used the terms "master" and "control".

Is it that difficult for you?

With the original destroyed, Waldman 4 was just as acceptable as the master book. It was a record of the serial number and the control number. I don't know what you mean by "control book". The control number was just a booking number used by Klein's to record the history of the gun while it was in their possession.

Rephrased several posts back, see above. You can stop the BS.

So, now you're saying that keeping the records of the serial and control numbers in a master book was not required by law? We don't need to see the master book afterall? That's what I've been saying. We are now in agreement.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »
Terms "master book" and "control book" both used by Scibor.

Ok, I see it now.

Wrong, only acceptable if mirrored in the master book.

Prove it.

You still seem confused.

Well, yeah. You aren't making any sense.

Who's "we"?

Tim Nickerson and Otto Beck.

See above.

See above.