Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read  (Read 23451 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2020, 12:02:14 AM »
Advertisement
Bugs didn’t need no stinkin’ lawyers!!!

If I remember right Bungelosie had some legal problems with one of his ghost writers.

He didn't want to give the person his kudos in the book credits.

There was an out of court settlement.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2020, 12:02:14 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2020, 12:12:08 AM »
If I remember right Bungelosie had some legal problems with one of his ghost writers.

He didn't want to give the person his kudos in the book credits.

He was a smart lawyer.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19:07 AM »

Josiah Thompson wrote Six Seconds in Dallas in 1967 after three years of intense research and investigation. It is chock full of valuable information.
I don't know if it's available on line, but I'm sure most libraries still have copies of it...... 

If you've read it there are a couple of points that i'd like to discuss.   

‘Six Seconds in Dallas’ may be found on line at:

https://archive.org/details/SixSecondsInDallas/page/n103/mode/2up

There may be some confusion over page numbers. The page numbers shown on the bottom of the screen, to the right go from page 1 through 348. I will refer to these numbers as ‘Computer’. These are different then the page numbers printed in the book, which I refer to as ‘Book’.

Below are the two most useful sections of the book:

Page 105 (Computer) or Page 91 (Book) shows the position of JFK’s head from z301 through 330 with a couple of graphs.

Appendix B and C, which was prepared by Physics graduate student William Hoffman appears on Pages 286-291 (Computer) or Pages 272-277 (Book)

These are the two sections that are the most valuable parts of this book, the sections based on the work by William Hoffman.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19:07 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 03:12:14 AM »
Dale Myers?

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
It sometimes helps to do the math.

Yes, it can help but not always. Go by what you can see in the film and watch the timing of it. The women witnesses said they yelled "over here" and he suddenly looks that way and waves to them. No shots yet. He goes behind the sign, reappears and the shots start just at that point.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

Tink had access to a good copy of the Zapruder film earlier than most others did. He found a way to make some money from that advantage. Time/Life sued him for using sketches of some of the frames in his book. It appears to me that Tink prematurely changed his opinion of what the Zapruder film shows based upon the rushed, and later shown to be flawed, acoustics study by the HSCA. He apparently laughs all the way to the bank after pandering to his audience by telling them what they want to hear...

I believe that Tink was correct in his evaluation of the head shot in his book SSID    ....   I'm dismayed that he displays blatant dishonesty in his presentation where he impressed the three gun shots on the Z film.    Anybody with one good eye and an ear can see that he has spaced the sounds of the shots evenly.....And he knows very well that 99% of the witnesses have said that the shots WERE NOT evenly spaced.    The vast majority of the ear witnesses said that the first shot sounded different than the two shots which followed after a shot pause.    IOW.... The sounds of the gun fire was  BOOM............  bang bang ......

I believe there were two shots that hit JFK's head just a split second apart.....and I'll have to review Tink's presentation about the skull fragment that was blown southward across the Lincoln and landed near the south curb of Elm street.....    It's not clear to me what point he's trying to make......

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
If it was a glancing strike on the right side of the head, how did a skull fragment end up on the left side of the car?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 04:07:43 PM »

Thanks for posting the Tink Thompson presentation......  I believe that Thompson is 100% correct in his final conclusion.....  He said that the more a person investigates the assassination the murkier it becomes.....  And I believe that is true IF a person can't see the reason that the case becomes more confused and murkier.... 

And that reason is because the conspirators and the investigators were one and the same.....  With J. Edgar Hoover at the controls.