Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964  (Read 13013 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2020, 02:36:12 AM »
Advertisement
So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.

Good post, Gary. You provide confirmation that Ted Callaway positively identified Lee Oswald as the man he saw running with a gun in his hand seconds after he (Callaway) heard shots fired. Glad you agree that Ted Callaway was absolutely convinced the gun-carrier was Lee Harvey Oswald. Keep up the good work.

You jumped in the same boat as Chapman.
Callaway's ID from 56 feet of a running man gets trumped by Domingo Benavides' exculpatory ID from 15 feet away.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2020, 02:36:12 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2020, 02:37:26 AM »
"Thanks for reminding us that Callaway ID'd Oswald as the guy with the gun."

Domingo Benavides was directly across the street from Tippit's car, within 15 feet, when he was shot. He got the best view of Tippit's murderer and he described a oerson who doesn't match Oswald.

The closest Calloway got to the guy with the gun was 56 feet and the guy was running. Considering the evidence against Oswald I can see why you're grasping at straw though.

Calloway saw Oswald at full face. Did Benavides?

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2020, 02:42:47 AM »
Calloway saw Oswald at full face. Did Benavides?

Didn't need to.

Testimony Of Domingo Benavides

Mr. BELIN - Where were you when your vehicle stopped?
Mr. BENAVIDES - About 15 foot, just directly across the street and maybe a car length away from the police car.

~snip~

Mr. Belin: Let me ask you now, I would like you to relate again the action of the man with the gun as you saw him now.

Mr. Benavides: As I saw him, I really--I mean really got a good view of the man after the bullets were fired he had just turned. He was just turning away........

~snip~

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

~snip~

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2020, 02:42:47 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2020, 02:48:37 AM »
Not necessary. You're demanding an unrealistic standard of evidence.

I'm not required to be a ballistics expert. I posted a video of someone who was (1964).

Your demands: The first 3 are known. The last 3 are not used in ballistics identification. Explain why the last 3 would be tested for.

If you think they are relevant: Explain how they disprove the conclusions of Joseph D. Nicol.

I posted a video of someone who was (1964).

How many other experts disagreed with your "expert"....  Isn't it a fact that several other experts swore that the bullets could NOT be traced to that big bore, short barrel, revolver ??

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2020, 03:06:39 AM »
These "do-not-knows" are designed to permit you to "sit on the fence". You are simply avoiding offering any speculative opinion that would be open to scrutiny by other members of this forum.

Pretending to know something you don't actually know just in order to have a position is no virtue.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2020, 03:06:39 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2020, 03:09:06 AM »
It's called JAQing

Wrong again, Chapman.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2020, 03:09:50 AM »
Not necessary. You're demanding an unrealistic standard of evidence.

That's what people without any good evidence always say.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2020, 03:09:50 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2020, 03:11:00 AM »
I posted a video of someone who was (1964).

How many other experts disagreed with your "expert"....  Isn't it a fact that several other experts swore that the bullets could NOT be traced to that big bore, short barrel, revolver ??

Name "the experts" who swore that the bullets could NOT be traced to that big bore, short barrel, revolver AND swore that the bullets could be absolutely excluded from that gun based on having different class characteristics?