Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964  (Read 13021 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »
Advertisement
And the reason the bullets can't be traced to the S&W revolver is because the killer WAS NOT using a S&W revolver.

Wrong. Oswald's Smith & Wesson Victory revolver had been re-chambered but not re-barreled. The bullets were of a slightly smaller diameter than the barrel of the gun. Additionally, the barrel had been shortened from 6 inches to 2 1/2 inches: There was less distance for a bullet to traverse the lands and grooves to leave consistent engravings.

Virtually all of the witnesses who saw the killer removing spent shells from his revolver said that he removed the spent shells ONE AT A TIME....as he walked away from the murder scene.   The SW is not unloaded in that fashion....The S&W ejects all six chambers AT THE SAME TIME....   But don't take my word..... Just read FBI agent Cunningham's testimony to LBJ's cover up committee. .....

That testimony is contradicted by the physical evidence which must take precedence. The revolver taken from Lee Harvey Oswald when he tried to shoot Officer N.M. McDonald in the Texas Theater was the murder weapon in the killing of Officer J.D. Tippit.

This Guy in the video is a liar.....

He might convince an ignoramus that what he is saying is valid.....But he'd never convince a knowledgeable person that a sawed off barrel that was designed to fire a bullet with the diameter of .359" would leave ballistic grooves on a bullet that was .357".

The rifling in the barrel of the S&W was worn out, and there was only two inches of barrel which could have come in contact with a bullet
The hot gasses blowing by the lead bullet would have prevented the rifling from leaving "tracks" on the bullet .....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2020, 08:14:25 PM »
Callaway heard some gunfire.
Saw a guy with a gun in his hand.
Identified the guy as Oswald.

Callaway didn't see anybody get shot.
Callaway wasn't @Tippit.

Cool that Callaway saw Oswald near the scene brandishing a gun, though.
Raising my eyebrows, I can tell you..

::)

TESTIMONY OF TED CALLAWAY

~snip~

Mr. BALL. He was crossing Patton?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was that to the south or the north of the taxicab? Closer to you than the taxicab?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Was he running or walking?
Mr. CALLAWAY. He was running.

~snip~

Mr. BALL. About what distance was he away from you--the closest that he ever was to you?
Mr. CALLAWAY. About 56 feet.
Mr. BALL. You measured that, did you?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Last Saturday morning?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Measured it with a tape measure?

~snip~

Mr. BALL. Tell us what happened.
Mr. CALLAWAY. We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this busdriver and myself. We waited down there for probably 20 or 30 minutes. And Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
Mr. BALL. Had you known him before?
Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:18:44 PM by Gary Craig »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2020, 08:22:37 PM »
~snip~

Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And he was talking, was he?
Mr. WHALEY. He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

~snip~

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2020, 08:22:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2020, 08:31:21 PM »
~snip~

Mr. WHALEY. Well, I tried to get by the reporters, stepping over television cables and you couldn't hardly get by, they would grab you and wanted to know what you were doing down here, even with the detectives one in front and one behind you. Then they took me in an office there and I think Bill Alexander, the Assistant District Attorney, two or three, I was introduced to two or three who were FBI men and they wanted my deposition of what happened.
So, I told them to the best of my ability. Then they took me down in their room where they have their show-ups, and all, and me and this other taxi driver who was with me, sir, we sat in the room awhile and directly they brought in six men, young teenagers, and they all were handcuffed together. Well, they wanted me to pick out my passenger.
At that time he had on a pair of black pants and white T-shirt, that is all he had on. But you could have picked him out without identifying him by just listening to him because he was bawling out the policeman, telling them it wasn't right to put him in line with these teenagers and all of that and they asked me which one and I told them. It was him all right, the same man.
Mr. BALL. They had him in line with men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. With five others.
Mr. BALL. Men much younger?
Mr. WHALEY. Not much younger, but just young kids they might have got them in jail.
Mr. BALL. Did he look older than those other boys?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And he was talking, was he?
Mr. WHALEY.He showed no respect for the policemen, he told them what he thought about them. They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

~snip~

This is Whaley the cabbie speaking....

They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

And Whaley recognized what was going on. He said...."They knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him"

That's Whaley recognizing that THEY (the police) WERE TRYING TO RAILROAD HIM.......

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2020, 09:42:38 PM »
Ross is another one in a long line of people who thinks that arrogance and condescension is a good substitute for evidence.

Indeed.

I don't mind when somebody has high confidence in his own opinion, but when he starts attacking those who disagree with him and at the same time is running away from questions and hiding behind "I do not need to prove anything, you need to prove me wrong" crap, as Ross frequently does, he is not only showing us all just how shallow and weak his position is but also that he totally lacks the ability to defend it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:36:55 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2020, 09:42:38 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2020, 10:31:15 PM »
::)

TESTIMONY OF TED CALLAWAY

~snip~

Mr. BALL. He was crossing Patton?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was that to the south or the north of the taxicab? Closer to you than the taxicab?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Was he running or walking?
Mr. CALLAWAY. He was running.

~snip~

Mr. BALL. About what distance was he away from you--the closest that he ever was to you?
Mr. CALLAWAY. About 56 feet.
Mr. BALL. You measured that, did you?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Last Saturday morning?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Measured it with a tape measure?

~snip~

Mr. BALL. Tell us what happened.
Mr. CALLAWAY. We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this busdriver and myself. We waited down there for probably 20 or 30 minutes. And Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
Mr. BALL. Had you known him before?
Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.

When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
> Thanks for reminding us that Callaway ID'd Oswald as the guy with the gun.

And raising one's eyebrows does not require rolling one's eyes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:40:24 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2020, 11:56:06 PM »
Who else thinks that Chapman [based on his biased and predisposed posts] would have picked out Oswald whether he saw him or not?
  Especially someone running from 60 feet away--------------------                                         
                                                           >>>>>> ::) <<<<<<

Put between a lineup of cops. Which one looks like they might be a suspect? You could nail the president's killer here!!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2020, 11:56:06 PM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2020, 12:18:44 AM »
This Guy in the video is a liar.....

He might convince an ignoramus that what he is saying is valid.....But he'd never convince a knowledgeable person that a sawed off barrel that was designed to fire a bullet with the diameter of .359" would leave ballistic grooves on a bullet that was .357".

The rifling in the barrel of the S&W was worn out, and there was only two inches of barrel which could have come in contact with a bullet
The hot gasses blowing by the lead bullet would have prevented the rifling from leaving "tracks" on the bullet .....

Calling a man a liar (with no proof) is cowardly.

So you're a ballistics expert, now, Walt?

Your "theory" is that every witness who contributes to proving the guilt of Lee Harvey Oswald is a liar. That's all you've got. How about some evidence that somebody else killed Officer J.D. Tippit? Not "thumb-suckers': Identification of an alternative shooter and physical evidence is required. Over to you... genius.