Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964  (Read 13020 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »
Advertisement
Mr. BALL. So you were walking south toward Jefferson?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You think it was a little after 1?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I wouldn't be afraid to bet it wasn't 6 or 7 minutes after 1.
Mr. BALL. You know what time you usually get your bus, don't you?
Mrs. MARKHAM. 1:15.
Mr. BALL. So it was before 1:15?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, it was.
 ....He didn't run. When he saw me he looked at me, stared at me. I put my hands over my face like this, closed my eyes. I gradually opened my fingers like this, and I opened my eyes, and when I did he started off in kind of a little trot.
Peek-a-boo I see you :D
At around 6-7 minutes after 1:00 PM a shooter just appears out of nowhere------
Why not start a thread about something in the case that no one has ever seen before?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
Mrs Markham is the least credible witness of the Commission. She said she ran over to Tippit after he was shot, was alone with him for 20 minutes and that he tried to speak to her. According to her, the passenger side window of Tippit's patrol car was open (it was closed) and the initial description she gave to police and FBI SA Odum didn't match Oswald's appearance. She panicked and became hysterical and almost fainted.

Most importantly, she lied under oath on the stand when being questioned by Counsel. This same attorney (Ball) later called her an utter screwball,which is kinda mean. I think she had personal issues (she was divorced with 5 children) so perhaps her stress levels were already way up when she was confronted with murder.

The only thing she was consistent of is her timing of the shooting: 1:06 p.m. both in her affidavit and before the Commission.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »
Your timing discrepancy "theory" can be weighed against the physical evidence of Lee Oswald being the killer of Officer J.D. Tippit.

Have you forgotten: Oswald had his revolver taken form him as he resisted arrest in the Texas Theater about 30 minutes after Tippit was murdered not far from that location.

The expended cartridge cases found at the scene of the crime were matched to Oswald's Smith & Wesson revolver to the exclusion of any other handgun. The identification of Oswald by Markham is direct evidence. The ballistic evidence is circumstantial evidence which is corroborative.

If you truly believe Oswald could not have been at Tenth and Patton when Officer Tippit was murdered, you need to answer these questions:

-- Who used Lee Oswald's Smith & Wesson revolver to shoot Officer Tippit?

-- When did the real shooter of Officer Tippit return Oswald's revolver to him?

-- Where was Oswald at the time of the Tippit shooting?

If you're going to say "at the Texas Theater": It doesn't take 45 minutes to get from the rooming house at North Beckley to the Texas Theater on West Jefferson Boulevard.

Who used Lee Oswald's Smith & Wesson revolver to shoot Officer Tippit?

I hope you're prepared for a rude awakening Mr Lidell.....   JD Tippit was NOT killed by using the Smith & Wesson 38 revolver  that appeared  at the Texas theater.

Nobody has been able to trace the bullets from Tippit's body to that revolver....   THAT is a fact.

And the reason the bullets can't be traced to the S&W revolver is because the killer WAS NOT using a S&W revolver.   Virtually all of the witnesses who saw the killer removing spent shells from his revolver said that he removed the spent shells ONE AT A TIME....as he walked away from the murder scene.   The SW is not unloaded in that fashion....The S&W ejects all six chambers AT THE SAME TIME....   But don't take my word..... Just read FBI agent Cunningham's testimony to LBJ's cover up committee. .....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »
she got cold chills and fell over when she looked at his eyes.

Maybe Markham thought she was seeing Elvis Presley

:D

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2020, 09:06:21 PM »
FRANCIS KINNETH, 1425 Caidwell, Dallas, Texas, advised he was employed on a construction job at the intersection of Denver and Tenth Street, Dallas, on the afternoon of November 22, 1963.
 He advised at approximately 1:00 PM he had heard approximately two or three shots and, looking in a westerly direction, he saw a parked police car and a uniform police officer lying on the ground in front of same.
 At the same time he observed an individual running west on Tenth Street turning south on a street, the name of which he does not know.
KINNETH advised he did not go down to the scene of the shooting for fear that additional shots might be fired.
KINNETH was shown a photograph of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, at which time he advised he could not identify OSWALD as being the individual he had observed leaving the scene of the shooting of the Dallas police officer.
 By Special Agents JOHN T. KESLER and VERNON MITCHEM - LAC Date dictated 1/22/64   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2020, 09:06:21 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2020, 09:10:12 PM »
ELBERT AUSTIN, 8317 Fourth Avenue, Dallas, advised that on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, he was working on a construction job at the intersection of Tenth and Denver Street, Dallas, Texas. He advised he was a brick mason's helper and was assisting in the construction of an apartment house. Me stated sometime after 1:00 PM he was on a scaffold in front of the aforementioned apartment house when he heard approximately two or three shots and, looking in a westerly direction, he saw a policeman lying in front of a police car on the left front side.

He also observed an individual running west on Tenth Street and then turning left and going down another street, name unknown. AUSTIN advised he did not go down to the scene of the shooting for two reasons, one being that he was afraid to go down there because he was afraid of being shot, and the second being that he did not consider it any of his business.

AUSTIN was shown a photograph of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, New Orleans Police Department # 112—723, and advised he could not identify OSWALD as being the person who shot the Dallas police officer inasmuch as he was approximately one block away and the individual who did the shooting was running in the opposite direction.
AUSTIN advised PERRY HOLMES, brick mason tender, was at the rear of the apartment building when the shooting of the Dallas police officer occurred and did not go to the scene of the shooting.
on 1/21/64 at Dallas, Texas File # DL 100-10461
By Special Agents JOHN T. KESLER and VERNON MITCHEM - LAC Date dictated 1/22/64 

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »
Who used Lee Oswald's Smith & Wesson revolver to shoot Officer Tippit?

I hope you're prepared for a rude awakening Mr Lidell.....   JD Tippit was NOT killed by using the Smith & Wesson 38 revolver  that appeared  at the Texas theater.

Nobody has been able to trace the bullets from Tippit's body to that revolver....   THAT is a fact.

And the reason the bullets can't be traced to the S&W revolver is because the killer WAS NOT using a S&W revolver.   Virtually all of the witnesses who saw the killer removing spent shells from his revolver said that he removed the spent shells ONE AT A TIME....as he walked away from the murder scene.   The SW is not unloaded in that fashion....The S&W ejects all six chambers AT THE SAME TIME....   But don't take my word..... Just read FBI agent Cunningham's testimony to LBJ's cover up committee. .....

'But don't take my word'

LOL

No problem
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:20:18 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2020, 09:24:46 PM »
'But don't take my word'

LOL

No problem

That's right....You can argue with FBI agent Cunningham's testimony.    He described how the spent shells are removed from the revolver that was found at the Texas Theater.  Since I'm sure that you would like to appear a little less ignorant, I'll find Cunningham's testimony and post it for your enlightenment.

Mr. EISENBERG. Do you have any fired cartridges in the cylinder?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir; I do. Prior to my appearance here today, this morning, I fired five cartridges in this weapon, and they are still in the cylinder.
Mr. EISENBERG. You are now placing an unfired--
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. An unfired cartridge in the sixth chamber of the cylinder. Now, in a normal way, you would hit the cylinder release, push in your hand like this, and tip it up. The unfired cartridge will fall right out into your hand, due to the fact that the chambers of the cylinder are naturally larger than the
cartridge you are loading in there for ease of putting them in. When you fire a cartridge in a revolver, the ease expands as wide as the cylinder. In other words, when the firing pin hits the primer, there is an explosion in the primer, the powder is ignited in the cartridge, and the terrific pressure will expand the cartridge case to tightly fit the chamber.
Mr. EISENBERG. I would like the record to show that when Mr. Cunningham tipped the revolver, the unfired bullet tipped out, but the five expended shells remained in.
The CHAIRMAN. Very well.
Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Cunningham, would you show how you would eject the five expended shells?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. yes. These are very difficult, by the way, to extract, due to the fact that the chamber has been rechambered. And as you can see, you get on your cartridge cases a little ballooning with these smaller diameter cases in the .38 Special.
Mr. EISENBERG. I would like the record to show that Mr. Cunningham extracted the five expended cartridge eases merely by one push of the ejector rod.
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yon won't be able to see it again, but when you eject a cartridge ease later on for the powder pattern test, I will show that you can have residues of unburned powder. That is what would happen if you ejected
731-219 O--64--vol.III---30

these cartridge cases in your hand. You would pick up unburned powder, residues, and partially burned powder.
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Cunningham had ejected five cartridge cases from the revolver into his hand, and his right hand is now filled with small black particles, whose composition I am unable to determine.
Representative FORD. That would happen any time that you did it?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir; every time you eject them, these particles will come out from the cylinder into your hand--unburned powder, partially burned powder, and gunpowder residues.
Representative FORD. Had you fired this morning these particular bullets?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir; at 8:15.
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Cunningham, these cartridge cases which you ejected were .38 Special cartridge cases?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. They were.
Mr. EISENBERG. What time did you fire those bullets, those .38 Special bullets in this revolver?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. At approximately 8:15 this morning.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:34:19 PM by Walt Cakebread »