Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Am I the only CT here who can meet the LN's more than half way? If not ...  (Read 41815 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Am I the only CT here who can meet the LN's more than half way? If not ...
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2018, 03:51:41 AM »
Advertisement
"Ilya Mamantov, affidavit, 11/22/63".

There, I fixed it for you.  Other interesting facts from that affidavit:

- Lee worked at a place on Hines
- Lee used to have a rifle in Russia
- The rifle he had was a dark gun
- She did not remember a sight on it
- She wasn't sure if it was the same rifle that the police showed her

It did not need fixing.

How does anything in your above post change what was in my post?

Marina Oswald, affidavit, 11/22/63...

"I opened the blanket and saw a rifle in it."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2018, 03:51:41 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2018, 03:58:59 AM »
It's way easier for them to make up positions to argue with.

You've conveniently ignored my reply to Colin. Note that I said that if I respected any CTer, it would be him. Feeling left out, John?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:00:48 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2018, 04:00:57 AM »
If you look at the title of my thread it was directed to my fellow  CT's
who are convinced that there was some degree of fakery and lies as it concerns the evidence and thus a conspiracy and cover up but I never expected to try to have a constructive conversation  with an LN on the subject who is convinced there was no such thing.  To me the notion of Oswald being a patsy is too fantastic to even consider so where do I go?  I try to find a middle ground with the two most prevailing theories around here.  He was set up as a patsy or he acted alone.  If I can't present something plausible
then LN land ... here I come.

Keep one thing in mind, Dan...

If one believes in a conspiracy to assassinate President Kennedy, he/she is doing so without showing anything which points to someone other than Lee Oswald.

I haven't seen anyone post any piece of evidence which points somewhere other than Lee Oswald in the deaths of the President and J.D. Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2018, 04:00:57 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2018, 04:08:48 AM »
Keep one thing in mind, Dan...

If one believes in a conspiracy to assassinate President Kennedy, he/she is doing so without showing anything which points to someone other than Lee Oswald.

I haven't seen anyone post any piece of evidence which points somewhere other than Lee Oswald in the deaths of the President and J.D. Tippit.

Cue CT chorus: 'Just because we can't produce a plausible alternate shooter doesn't mean there wasn't one'
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:13:49 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »
Marina Oswald, affidavit, 11/22/63...

"I opened the blanket and saw a rifle in it."

The unwillingness of nuts like Martin and John I. to accept that Marina saw a rifle in the blanket despite her clear testimony on that point is a classic example of their dishonest and contrarian approach to this case.  Marina is asked repeatedly about a "rifle" in her testimony.   In each instance she answers the question.  Never once does she interject any doubt that she is talking about a rifle rather than some generic object made of wood.  And of course a rifle stock is made of wood.  But that doesn't give a moments pause to loons like M&J.  They are off and running while ignoring the totality of her testimony in which she makes reference to a "rifle" and responds to questions about a "rifle."  And, of course, Marina has never changed her story in the last fifty plus years that Oswald stored the rifle in Paine's garage.  These jokers have no interest in the truth.  This is just a endless game to take issue with everything that points to Oswald's guilt.  And these are the same dishonest nuts that claim they are not alleging a vast conspiracy.  But they reject evidence of Oswald's ownership of the rifle and all the documents, prints, pictures and testimony that link him to that rifle.  Imagine how many people would have to be involved in a conspiracy just to fabricate that evidence.  It boggles the mind.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2018, 04:53:08 PM »
The unwillingness of nuts like Martin and John I. to accept that Marina saw a rifle in the blanket despite her clear testimony on that point is a classic example of their dishonest and contrarian approach to this case.  Marina is asked repeatedly about a "rifle" in her testimony.   In each instance she answers the question.  Never once does she interject any doubt that she is talking about a rifle rather than some generic object made of wood.  And of course a rifle stock is made of wood.  But that doesn't give a moments pause to loons like M&J.  They are off and running while ignoring the totality of her testimony in which she makes reference to a "rifle" and responds to questions about a "rifle."  And, of course, Marina has never changed her story in the last fifty plus years that Oswald stored the rifle in Paine's garage.  These jokers have no interest in the truth.  This is just a endless game to take issue with everything that points to Oswald's guilt.  And these are the same dishonest nuts that claim they are not alleging a vast conspiracy.  But they reject evidence of Oswald's ownership of the rifle and all the documents, prints, pictures and testimony that link him to that rifle.  Imagine how many people would have to be involved in a conspiracy just to fabricate that evidence.  It boggles the mind.

Poor Richard,

Still whining about those horrible people who disagree with you... Details matter, Richie, and you are not seeing them.

I bet that you have ignored completely that Marina said she only looked in the blanket once and that was about a week after Ruth Paine had picked her up in New Orl?ans, which makes it competely irrelevant what she actually saw, whether it was a rifle or not.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:04:43 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2018, 07:31:12 PM »
Poor Richard,

Still whining about those horrible people who disagree with you... Details matter, Richie, and you are not seeing them.

I bet that you have ignored completely that Marina said she only looked in the blanket once and that was about a week after Ruth Paine had picked her up in New Orl?ans, which makes it competely irrelevant what she actually saw, whether it was a rifle or not.

So it's not relevant that Marina confirms Oswald owned a rifle (something he denied to the police), stored that rifle in the Paine's garage (the place Oswald makes an unexpected visit on the night before the assassination), that rifle is gone on 11.22.63 when the police check the blanket and can't be accounted for in any other way except as the one found on the 6th floor?  Oh yeah, and Oswald carried a long package to work with him that morning.  But you believe it is "irrelevant" whether the rifle was seen by Marina?  LOL  That just highlights what a joker you are.   Classic nonsense.  You think it is only relevant if Marina could - like a trained firearms expert - identify the exact make of the rifle.  Not only that but she must be able to identify it as THE rifle found on the 6th floor.  Not only that.  But she apparently must have seen the rifle in closer proximity to the crime.  Like when?  When Oswald placed it into his paper bag?  But then how do we confirm the same rifle was in the bag when he reaches the TSBD?  Sugar plum fairies could have switched it along the way.  Just endless nonsense you are peddling in a lazy attempt to conflate an impossible standard of proof with doubt. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2018, 07:31:12 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2018, 07:58:55 PM »
"But I don't remember the sight on it."

BFD.

Neither did Brennan or anyone else who saw at least part of a rifle in the SN window.