Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 76901 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2020, 03:59:37 AM »
Advertisement
PorchGate: The Little Prick That Could

Click-Click
'I think I can, I think I can'
Click-Click
Click-Click

'WOO, WOOOOO...'

Yet another useless nonsensical remark from the master of useless, nonsensical remarks.

Were you dropped on your head a lot as a child?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #584 on: March 23, 2020, 03:59:37 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #585 on: March 23, 2020, 03:59:58 AM »
Back to the sack-----
From the Warren Report..... Coulda..woulda..shoulda...possibly.. maybe.. is not positive evidence.
Gee--- if we only had someone who saw Oswald conspicuously coming into the building carrying a large HEAVY paper package ::)

Wonder how much fell out of the bag while Montgomery held it upright, open end down during transport. Is this really the way any intelligent person would treat important evidence that was considered to transport something related to a crime?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #586 on: March 23, 2020, 10:12:17 AM »
Charles, the only color photos of this scene are from Jay Skaggs, as far as I know.. The Skaggs slides all have a blue color cast-which I made a correction for. Skaggs19 shows a man in a sweater? Possibly blue. He is backlit and underexposed but this is probably the man you saw. He does have a movie camera to his eye and aiming just where Day is standing. So yes, I think he could  have filmed at least some of the YouTube film. Perhaps Denis Morrisette knows his ID.

Skaggs19:
https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/22067/image-of-lt-j-c-carl-day-holding-rifle-outside-the-book?ctx=7aeaa966-f063-440c-9cbe-0afb9043ac16&idx=15

Cropped, enhanced view of cameraman.in Skaggs19:

Yes, that’s the one! I know that angles sometimes distort what we see in photos and films. So knowing where the cameraman is standing can help when we are interpreting the information in them. Thanks!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #586 on: March 23, 2020, 10:12:17 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #587 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:22 PM »
Back to the sack-----
From the Warren Report.....

Fibers in paper bag matched fibers in blanket.--When Paul M. Stombaugh of the FBI Laboratory examined the paper bag, he found, on the inside, a single brown delustered viscose fiber and several light green cotton fibers.198 The blanket in which the rifle was stored was composed of brown and green cotton, viscose and woolen fibers.199
The single brown viscose fiber found in the bag matched some of the brown viscose fibers from the blanket in all observable characteristics.200 The green cotton fibers found in the paper bag matched some of the green cotton fibers in the blanket "in all observable microscopic characteristics." 201 Despite these matches, however, Stombaugh was unable to render on opinion that the fibers which he found in the bag had probably come from the blanket, because other types of fibers present in the blanket were not found in the bag. He concluded:     All I would say here is that it is possible that these fibers could have come from this blanket., because this blanket is composed of brown and green woolen fibers, brown and green delustered viscose fibers, and brown and green cotton fibers... We found no brown cotton fibers, no green viscose fibers, and no woolen fibers.
    So if I found all of these then I would have been able to say these fibers probably had come from this blanket. But since I found so few, then I would say the possibility exists, these fibers could have come from this blanket.202 Stombaugh confirmed that the rifle could have picked up fibers from the blanket and transferred them to the paper bag.203 In light of the other evidence linking Lee Harvey Oswald, the blanket, and the rifle to the paper bag found on the sixth floor, the Commission considered Stombaugh's testimony of probative value in deciding whether Oswald carried the rifle into the building in the paper bag.

Coulda..woulda..shoulda...possibly.. maybe.. is not positive evidence.
Gee--- if we only had someone who saw Oswald conspicuously coming into the building carrying a large HEAVY paper package ::)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:17:54 PM by Gary Craig »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #588 on: March 23, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
I'm trying to imagine how the Carcano was wrapped in the blanket.
How it would not be identifiable as a rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #588 on: March 23, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #589 on: March 23, 2020, 03:45:56 PM »
Back to the sack-----
From the Warren Report..... Coulda..woulda..shoulda...possibly.. maybe.. is not positive evidence.

"If we only had someone who saw a [fantasy conspirator] conspicuously coming into the building carrying a large HEAVY paper package."  The bag was found in the building.  Thus, we know that it was possible for someone to have carried it in unnoticed.  That includes Oswald.  And there is a witness that confirms that Oswald carried a long package into the building that morning that was not his lunch and for which there is no other accounting for except as the bag found with his prints on it on the 6th floor.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »
Back to the sack-----

Hang about while I continue to search psychiatric hospitals, funny farms, laughing factories, looney bins, and the far shores of the lunatic fringe for Stephen King's magic time-travel closet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #591 on: March 23, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »
I'm trying to imagine how the Carcano was wrapped in the blanket.
How it would not be identifiable as a rifle.

If only Mr. Paine had rifled through Oswald's belongings...
 ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 04:44:14 PM by Bill Chapman »