Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 76900 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #432 on: March 16, 2020, 01:17:57 AM »
Advertisement

There was a scar on the top of or the top side of this box that was sitting there. I noticed that at the time. I thought the recoil of the gun had caused that. I later decided that was in the wrong direction. It was not the recoil of the gun but I did notice this scar on the box.

Thank you Colin.....   So the lead detective ( J.C.Day) deduced that the scar had nothing to do with the assassination.   ( And he was correct ) and yet that scar was included in the Warren Commission disinformation to continue to create confusion ......

Walt when I read the testimonies I alway try to put myself in the witnesses position at the time they describe. What did they know at that time? Understanding of events always evolve due to false but understandable contemporary assumptions. I believe all those who were in the SN just after Mooney's discovery assumed that the sniper shot while JFK approached the building, ie front on. It was only after more information was accumulated that this idea was abandoned as a theory. Day is the one who tells us this in his testimony, their initial assumption was wrong. Who knows when that happened. Was it after Brennan and or Ewins made statements?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #432 on: March 16, 2020, 01:17:57 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #433 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:49 PM »
Walt when I read the testimonies I alway try to put myself in the witnesses position at the time they describe. What did they know at that time? Understanding of events always evolve due to false but understandable contemporary assumptions. I believe all those who were in the SN just after Mooney's discovery assumed that the sniper shot while JFK approached the building, ie front on. It was only after more information was accumulated that this idea was abandoned as a theory. Day is the one who tells us this in his testimony, their initial assumption was wrong. Who knows when that happened. Was it after Brennan and or Ewins made statements?

Day is the one who tells us this in his testimony, their initial assumption was wrong. Who knows when that happened.

Who knows when Day opened his eyes?.....  I do....  It's perfectly clear that Day wasn't part of the conspiracy to murder JFK....But it's also perfectly clear that Day fell in line behind Captain Fritz's orders.    Day had no idea what was happening until Fritz told him that Chief Curry was following orders from Washington, and he ( Day)  had better wake up and follow orders....  Day started getting the message when he took the carcano to the police station at about 3:00 pm.   

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #434 on: March 16, 2020, 11:09:04 PM »

Day is the one who tells us this in his testimony, their initial assumption was wrong. Who knows when that happened.

Who knows when Day opened his eyes?.....  I do....  It's perfectly clear that Day wasn't part of the conspiracy to murder JFK....But it's also perfectly clear that Day fell in line behind Captain Fritz's orders.    Day had no idea what was happening until Fritz told him that Chief Curry was following orders from Washington, and he ( Day)  had better wake up and follow orders....  Day started getting the message when he took the carcano to the police station at about 3:00 pm.

Once the FBI acquired key material evidence that evening he fell in line.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #434 on: March 16, 2020, 11:09:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #435 on: March 17, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »
Once the FBI acquired key material evidence that evening he fell in line.

Yes, You're right....  Day did not disassemble the Carcano and discover a palm print on the 5/8" diameter metal barrel,but after Henry wade had told the whole wide world that they had found Lee Oswald's prints on the Carcano Day was obligated ( He wanted to continue receiving a nice paycheck, and enjoying the green grass from above the surface)  to swear that he had found the print on the metal barrel of the rifle.   

PS... Personally I doubt that Detective Day had the mechanical ability to disassemble the Carcano ....... 

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »
Yes, You're right....  Day did not disassemble the Carcano and discover a palm print on the 5/8" diameter metal barrel,but after Henry wade had told the whole wide world that they had found Lee Oswald's prints on the Carcano Day was obligated ( He wanted to continue receiving a nice paycheck, and enjoying the green grass from above the surface)  to swear that he had found the print on the metal barrel of the rifle.   

PS... Personally I doubt that Detective Day had the mechanical ability to disassemble the Carcano .......

Walt, do you or anyone else seen the documents that admit the paper samples to the crime lab that day? The samples that were supposedly taken from the wrapping table? Is there documentation that exists that show they were admitted (and when)?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #437 on: March 18, 2020, 01:39:47 AM »
Here's a deal. I will if you attempt to answer my questions so far. Who discovered the bag? Did it occur before or after the discovery of the rifle? Who fingerprinted it? I feel the only way we can move forward it to have agreement on as many facts as possiblel
From what I can find...It was Detective R L Studebaker---

Uh no...wait a second---It was Detective Lt Carl Day!

However, Studebaker drew an outline of where he found the bag----

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #438 on: March 18, 2020, 01:59:58 AM »

Thanks for the reply Jerry. Trying to identify the "discoverer" of the bag is a rabbit hole. This result is a clear failure for an "exhaustive" investigation for such a key piece of evidence. Note the dates on the reports you posted. We know the bag spent some time in two locations  with Studebaker in the TSBD on the 22nd November. On the sixth floor and at the first floor wrapping table. Question is in what order?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #438 on: March 18, 2020, 01:59:58 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #439 on: March 18, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »

They should have asked Kent Biffle who found the bag. He was present and looking at the bag prior to the discovery of the rifle.