Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 76906 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »
Advertisement
They are in the essay linked above at the maryferrell site.

Thanks

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2020, 08:38:15 PM »
Bump for Charles Collins, who suddenly seems to completely avoid answering a simple question. One can only wonder why....

I don't have to be accountable for anything I say as long as it has a question mark at the end.

When there is a question mark at the end, it's a question and thus not something you are saying. This really isn't all that difficult to understand, so why are you struggling to comprehend it?

Let's try it this way, genius. Tell me please, what (if any) is the difference between these two sentences;

But that would be hell of a way to "conceal" a rifle he had just used in an attempted murder, don't you think?

and

Don't you think that would be hell of a way to "conceal" a rifle he had just used in an attempted murder?

Well, Mr. Collins... what's (if any) is the difference between those two sentences?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2020, 08:57:01 PM »
Bump for Charles Collins, who suddenly seems to completely avoid answering a simple question. One can only wonder why....

I don't have to be accountable for anything I say as long as it has a question mark at the end.

When there is a question mark at the end, it's a question and thus not something you are saying. This really isn't all that difficult to understand, so why are you struggling to comprehend it?

Let's try it this way, genius. Tell me please, what (if any) is the difference between these two sentences;

But that would be hell of a way to "conceal" a rifle he had just used in an attempted murder, don't you think?

and

Don't you think that would be hell of a way to "conceal" a rifle he had just used in an attempted murder?

Well, Mr. Collins... what's (if any) is the difference between those two sentences?

They are both considered hypothetical questions:

A hypothetical question is based on supposition, opinion, personal belief, or conjecture, and not facts. ... This sort of a question usually requires the questioner to arrange imaginary parameters for the things he supposes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2020, 08:57:01 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2020, 09:02:14 PM »
I think I got it in my head now. I don't have to be accountable for anything I say as long as it has a question mark at the end. Here is an example of your way to ask a question without expressing an opinion:

It's called 'JAQing-off' in Internet troll slang
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:08:49 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2020, 09:24:37 PM »

A hypothetical question is based on supposition, opinion, personal belief, or conjecture, and not facts. ... This sort of a question usually requires the questioner to arrange imaginary parameters for the things he supposes.

Oh boy, it's worse than I thought. There is nothing hypothetical about either question. Both are in fact the same question and both have only one purpose; to obtain a response from the person who is asked.

A hypothetical question requires no response at all!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2020, 09:24:37 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2020, 09:33:09 PM »

Bottom line is that it would be dumb to be carrying a sizeable package around that day.
Especially shortly after the assassination, and especially a duffel bag.

Don't you think so?
 ;)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:34:45 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2020, 09:34:42 PM »
Bottom line is that it would be dumb to be carrying a sizeable package around that day.
Especially shortly after the assassination.

Don't you think so?
 ;)

He left Dallas 2-weeks after the attempt on Walker.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2020, 09:34:42 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »

P.S. it was Patrick Jackson who noticed this.
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2004.msg64638.html#msg64638

Before this thread degenerates any further into decay and degradation ...
Notice how John Mytton dropped out of his own topic as soon as it was discovered that he was busted for taking credit for Patrick Jackson's moves.
Be it earth-shaking 'evidence'?--- I don't see it.
 That whole sniper's nest arrangement looks odd and arranged post assassination.
 The Warren group did not re-investigate the FBI who did not re-investigate the DPD and the HSCA didn't re-investigate anything.