Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?  (Read 100094 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2019, 10:02:27 PM »
Advertisement
Trying to move the goalposts again?

You objected to me saying that Norman thought what he had heard.

By now it is established, by Norman's own testimony, that I was correct.

You can now try to argue a circumstantial case to show that what Norman thought he had heard was indeed what had happened, but that still doesn't alter the basic fact that Norman never saw any of it and thus could only have thought what it was he had heard.

You can call John and I arrogant as much as you like, but in this instance I was right and you were wrong! Live with it!

I don't have to see somebody shooting a gun on the floor above me to know that somebody is shooting a gun on the floor above me. Add in click>>click and what I, with high confidence, would hear as spent shells hitting the floor after each 'boom'.

Tell us what else might have caused that particular series of sounds in the particular circumstance, Sherlock.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:19:09 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2019, 10:02:27 PM »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2019, 12:49:41 AM »
I don't have to see somebody shooting a gun on the floor above me to know that somebody is shooting a gun on the floor above me. Add in click>>click and what I, with high confidence, would hear as spent shells hitting the floor after each 'boom'.

Tell us what else might have caused that particular series of sounds in the particular circumstance, Sherlock.
Bill your right and you just showed no one needs to see the second shooter because we have that evidence on the dictabelt recording. Good work Bill 

Of course, you wouldn't need to see somebody shooting a gun, but to say it as if you have experienced a situation comparable is disingenuous. When were you in a building where you heard click and boom? If you were, did you think "hey, that sounds like someone just shot a gun from one story above, there must be a motorcade outside"

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2019, 01:29:51 AM »
Bill your right and you just showed no one needs to see the second shooter because we have that evidence on the dictabelt recording. Good work Bill 

Of course, you wouldn't need to see somebody shooting a gun, but to say it as if you have experienced a situation comparable is disingenuous. When were you in a building where you heard click and boom? If you were, did you think "hey, that sounds like someone just shot a gun from one story above, there must be a motorcade outside"

What I've experienced is common sense: Norman heard what was going on above him; ergo anyone with hearing ability the equal of Norman's would hear the booms/clicks/'pings'. (And probably dismiss, for instance firecrackers and backfires as the source).

Feel free to comment on what other sequence of movements/actions would produce the sounds Norman heard.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:35:47 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2019, 01:29:51 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2019, 01:45:08 AM »

Well Watson, you are wrong again, as usual....

I don't give a damn about what you call "high confidence"... the bottom line is that Norman only heard sounds (of shots being fired and possibly shells dropping) but he did not see where the shots came from. He merely THOUGHT they came from above him....

I'm not going to let you go to the usual "give us an alternative" crap, when it is painfully obvious that Norman only heard some sounds and thought they were shots coming from above. It's beyond silly for you to keep fighting my use of the word "thought", even if - as you claim - Norman was right in what the thought, the fact still remains that Norman did not see anything and from what he heard he reached a conclusion.....

My use of the word "thought" was and is correct and you are making a complete fool of yourself trying to fight it.

Btw, if there had been a trial do you think Norman would be a witness for the prosecution?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 02:47:56 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2019, 01:45:51 AM »
The problem is that those are not facts about Oswald either.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2019, 01:45:51 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2019, 03:20:58 AM »

I don't give a damn about what you call "high confidence"... the bottom line is that Norman only heard sounds (of shots being fired and possibly shells dropping) but he did not see where the shots came from. He merely THOUGHT they came from above him....

I'm not going to let you go to the usual "give us an alternative" crap, when it is painfully obvious that Norman only heard some sounds and thought they were shots coming from above. It's beyond silly for you to keep fighting my use of the word "thought", even if - as you claim - Norman was right in what the thought, the fact still remains that Norman did not see anything and from what he heard he reached a conclusion.....

My use of the word "thought" was and is correct and you are making a complete fool of yourself trying to fight it.

Btw, if there had been a trial do you think Norman would be a witness for the prosecution?

Norman thought he heard a bolt action rifle above him and a bolt action rifle was discovered on the floor above.

Norman at the same time thought he heard expended cartridges hit the floor and shells were discovered on the floor directly above.

Norman went back to the 5th floor and according to him there was more street level noise than the 22nd and he heard the same sound.

Mr. BALL. And a Secret Service man went upstairs with a rifle, didn't he?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes.
Mr. BALL. What did you hear on the fifth floor?
Mr. NORMAN. Well, I heard the same sound, the sound similar. I heard three something that he dropped on the floor and then I could hear the rifle or whatever he had up there.
Mr. BALL. You could hear the rifle, the sound of an ejection?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you hear the sound of the bolt going back and forth?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir; I sure did.
Mr. BALL. You could hear it clearly, could you?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir.

------------------------

Mr. BALL. Now the day or the experiment last Friday when you heard the cartridges eject, the bolt action and the cartridges ejecting---
Mr. NORMAN. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Was there any noise outside?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes; there was.
Mr. BALL. What was it?
Mr. NORMAN. There was a train and there were trucks and cars.
Mr. BALL. Was there more noise or less noise on the day you conducted the experiment last Friday, March 20, than on November 22, at 12:30?
Mr. NORMAN. It was more noise last Friday than it was November 22.

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2019, 05:39:32 AM »

Mr. BALL. Was there more noise or less noise on the day you conducted the experiment last Friday, March 20, than on November 22, at 12:30?
Mr. NORMAN. It was more noise last Friday than it was November 22.

JohnM

Except for the sound of the gunfire I assume........
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:41:03 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2019, 05:39:32 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2019, 06:56:12 AM »

Did Norman say he 'thought' he heard shots from above him? I think not.
Pretty sure he said he heard boom, click-click, and pings 3 times in close sequence.
To have heard the bolt action, and spent shells dropping, from anywhere else would be quite a stretch.