Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Motive  (Read 19781 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Motive
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2019, 01:00:56 PM »
Advertisement
Others have already posted it in this thread. I might add that it appears to me that LHO typically didn’t have much money anyway. And the fact that he left a large (for him) sum of money that day indicates that he had kept most of what he had on his person.

"He normally kept whatever he had on his person according to Marina."

Charles Collins

Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, in my room at Ruth Paine’s there was a black wallet in a wardrobe. Whenever Lee would come he would put money in there, but I never counted it.
Mr. RANKIN. On the evening of November 21st, do you know how much was the wallet?
Mrs. OSWALD. No. ...
Mr. RANKIN. Did he take the money from the wallet from time to time?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, he generally kept the amount that he needed and put the rest in the wallet.

I would suggest that Oswald's actions were not out of the ordinary, except he had not visited for two pay periods. It seems he needed about $15. According to John that would cover him until the next Friday should he decide to bail on his attempt.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 01:02:02 PM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2019, 01:00:56 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2019, 01:35:43 PM »
My recollection was the $13.87. Confirmed by John's pic. Also in that doc is the total of fares. We all agree that no effective escape plan without external assistance or robbing a bank after the event perhaps. We don’t know for sure what other funds he had access to.

As for the dime comment.......was meant more of a wink joke......apologies if you took offence. Do you think all my posts are nasty? Would be disappointed if that was the case.

Apologies Colin, I'm a bit of a grouch this morning. Seriously, there are very few members left whom I debate with these days. I've never seen such a high level of nastiness on the forum, from both 'sides'. You, on the other hand, have always been an absolute pleasure to debate with....so when I saw what I mistakenly took for sarcasm from you...I guess I flipped for a second. I'm sorry mate, it shouldn't have happened, I was wrong. Just having a row with the wife over "playing on the computer instead of decorating" probably didn't help. lol

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »

Charles Collins

Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, in my room at Ruth Paine’s there was a black wallet in a wardrobe. Whenever Lee would come he would put money in there, but I never counted it.
Mr. RANKIN. On the evening of November 21st, do you know how much was the wallet?
Mrs. OSWALD. No. ...
Mrs. OSWALD. No, he generally kept the amount that he needed and put the rest in the wallet.

I would suggest that Oswald's actions were not out of the ordinary, except he had not visited for two pay periods. It seems he needed about $15. According to John that would cover him until the next Friday should he decide to bail on his attempt.

You brought up this topic to make your point if I remember correctly. Have you done the math? How long would it take for LHO to earn the amount that he left Marina on 11/22/63?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
Apologies Colin, I'm a bit of a grouch this morning. Seriously, there are very few members left whom I debate with these days. I've never seen such a high level of nastiness on the forum, from both 'sides'. You, on the other hand, have always been an absolute pleasure to debate with....so when I saw what I mistakenly took for sarcasm from you...I guess I flipped for a second. I'm sorry mate, it shouldn't have happened, I was wrong. Just having a row with the wife over "playing on the computer instead of decorating" probably didn't help. lol

No worries Dennis......remember, happy wife, happy life. No apologies needed mate.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 05:59:56 PM »

Charles Collins

Mrs. OSWALD. No. ...

There was a lot of his actions out of the ordinary. (By the way, his take home pay from the TSBD job was approximately $9.64 per day.)

Oswald woke up late. He told Marina there was money on the dresser. Without her noticing, he slipped off his wedding ring and left it in a cup. He did not kiss her goodbye. Marina went back to sleep.

(On the dresser, not in the wallet.)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 05:59:56 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »
I've never believed Oswald expected to escape, so no, $14 does not allow for an escape plan. As for "Were the fares $1.23? He would have taken at least $15.10." Colin, neither you nor I know if Oswald had a couple of $ back at the rooming house or in another pair of pants. We really gonna quibble over $1.23? As for "He needed the dime to reassemble the rifle no doubt"....Why the sarcasm!? Does every post have to get nasty these days?

Why the sarcasm!? Does every post have to get nasty these days?

Conspiracy-mongers everywhere poison everything they touch
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:14:09 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »

Conspiracy-mongers poison everything they touch

Oh the irony.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »

Conspiracy-mongers poison everything they touch

Bill, I've apologised to Colin, he wasn't being sarcastic, I was mistaken. It was me that was completely at fault. BTW, my remark "does every post have to get nasty these days" was directed at both camps. It's certainly not every member but generally speaking, nastiness/rudeness is becoming the norm on the forum. So much so that I rarely post anymore and I wonder how many other long-standing members aren't posting either.