Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald is the real assassin  (Read 10251 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Oswald is the real assassin
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 02:21:32 PM »
Advertisement
I gather you are another of the 30% or so that were convinced. After 56 years, surely your group must be frustrated to be still in the minority. After all the forum postings, TV specials, books, seems people are pretty much stuck in their ways.

Again, the truth is not dependent on how many people believe in something. It is a matter of facts and evidence.  And those who make the "TV specials" and write the "books" typically know more about the case than the random public.  I wouldn't be surprised if half of the public couldn't even name the city in which JFK was assassinated.  It would be like asking people for their opinion on how a nuclear reactor works and then concluding that has some bearing on how it actually works despite the scientific evidence to the contrary.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 02:21:32 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2019, 02:53:42 PM »
I gather you are another of the 30% or so that were convinced. After 56 years, surely your group must be frustrated to be still in the minority. After all the forum postings, TV specials, books, seems people are pretty much stuck in their ways.
If 99% of the public believed that Oswald alone killed JFK, that he had no help, would you change your opinion on the matter?

Or to put it differently: how does 99% of the public believing in a conspiracy OR believing in a lone assassination alter the facts or evidence in the event? What does public opinion have to do with what actually happened?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2019, 02:59:39 PM »
If 99% of the public believed that Oswald alone killed JFK, that he had no help, would you change your opinion on the matter?

Or to put it differently: how does 99% of the public believing in a conspiracy OR believing in a lone assassination alter the facts or evidence in the event? What does public opinion have to do with what actually happened?

If 99% believed there would be a strong chance I would be one of them...... ;D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2019, 02:59:39 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2019, 10:03:24 PM »
As I said, not incredibly bright. LOL™

No, just your usual nonsensical analysis.  Just like your "probability" exercise on the four lineups.

LOLTM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »
Again, the truth is not dependent on how many people believe in something. It is a matter of facts and evidence.

Everything on "Mytton's" list is a subjective opinion.  Every . . . thing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »

Offline Thomas Halle

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2019, 08:08:37 PM »
Yes, indeed, the Katzenbach and Hoover memos suggest some mischief is afoot...and that the reality is NOT simply that the one, essentially "pre-selected" suspect—Oswald--was the sole perpetrator. Something very dark seems to be at work here....and there are people in the Johnson administration (and FBI) who CLEARLY would like to put the JFK assassination matter "to bed" very quickly...w/o further scrutiny or complaint.

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2019, 10:27:08 PM »
If 99% believed there would be a strong chance I would be one of them...... ;D
Why? The facts on an event stand or fall on their own and not whether "X" percent of people believe them. Would you change your view on the assassination based on a poll?

Surely you know that history shows that vast numbers of people, the overwhelming majority in many cases, have believed in things that simply were not true.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2019, 10:27:08 PM »

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 10:40:41 PM »
Why? The facts on an event stand or fall on their own and not whether "X" percent of people believe them. Would you change your view on the assassination based on a poll?

Surely you know that history shows that vast numbers of people, the overwhelming majority in many cases, have believed in things that simply were not true.

To throw the public off I am turning into an Oswald the commie done it believer from now on. I just can't take the bullying anymore, it's not going away you know.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:43:12 PM by Michael O'Brian »