Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 97508 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Advertisement
No, Ms Paine claimed that!

How did she know that someone hadn't removed them at one point and returned them in time for the deposition? She didn't.

Mr. McCLOY - They didn't take any rods from the garage that you are aware of?
Mrs. PAINE - You are aware what the police took. I never did know exactly what they took. I have never heard any mention of the rods having left.

And you are claiming that Agent Howlett knowingly omitted to mention otherwise to the WC. Thumb1:

Nope.

So they were given the designation 275 and 276 on 15 March, not 23 March? Think before you answer, Mr Nickerson!  Thumb1:

They were given the designations 275 and 276 on 15 March. It's right there in red ink. Why would I think any different?

They're not quite 'the same description' by the way:
--------------Agent Howlett describes the 23 March Paine garage rods as "one a white and the other a kind of buff color or cream colored";
--------------Lieutenant Day's Crime Scene Search Section form entry makes no distinction as to color, describing them both merely as "white enameled".

"White enameled" is close enough". It's the numbers that really stand out though.

Very high, actually! You and I agree that Mr Howlett lied during Ms Paine's 23 March testimony in Irving; we just have different opinions as to the substance of his lie.

I haven't said that Howlett lied. Where do you get that from?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Given what Mr Frazier was saying the evening of 11/22, and its potential significance for the question of Mr Oswald's guilt or innocence, the chances that curtain rods were not one of the very first things the police & FBI would have looked for in the Paine home are nil.

Exactly.

The police thought that folk dancing phonograph records and headache tablets were pertinent to their investigation, but not a brown paper wrapped package of curtain rods?  Or an imperial reflex camera for that matter...

C'mon....

Offline John Iacoletti

How did she know that someone hadn't removed them at one point and returned them in time for the deposition? She didn't.

What did they do, Tim?  Break into her house to return the curtain rods?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

Because she knew those particular items were in her garage undisturbed since the assassination.

Did she? Did she know for sure or did she just assume that they were still in her garage undisturbed?

So how did Howlett get them on the 15th, and how and why were they returned only to be ?found? again?

He went there on the 15th and removed them.  As to why they were returned only to be "found" again, one can only speculate. Perhaps to dramatically confirm that not only was Ruth Paine aware of them but that she knew exactly where they were located.

Offline Tim Nickerson

What did they do, Tim?  Break into her house to return the curtain rods?

The curtain rods were not in her house. No doubt,  they had been given permission to search through the items in that garage.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Mr. McCLOY - They didn't take any rods from the garage that you are aware of?
Mrs. PAINE - You are aware what the police took. I never did know exactly what they took. I have never heard any mention of the rods having left.

Nope.

But the whole point of the exercise in going in to Ms Paine's garage was to hand over 2 curtain rods that had lain there undisturbed since before the assassination. Either Ms Paine and Agent Howlett are both lying, or Agent Howlett alone is lying.

And-----as we are about to see-----Mr Jenner of the WC must be lying too.

You're turning into quite the conspiracy theorist, Mr Nickerson!  Thumb1:

They were given the designations 275 and 276 on 15 March. It's right there in red ink. Why would I think any different?

:D But they hadn't been given that designation by Mr Jenner of the WC yet! Aren't you even aware of how Mr Jenner came to assign them the numbers 275 and 276 on 23 March?

I haven't said that Howlett lied. Where do you get that from?

:D  Your kooky explanation requires that he only pretend to 'find' the rods in the garage on 23 March.

In your desperation to get out of the corner you're in, Mr Nickerson, you've turned to accusing the WC of staging a sham testimony session. Quite a development for a Warren Apologist!  :D

Offline Alan Ford

Did she? Did she know for sure or did she just assume that they were still in her garage undisturbed?

He went there on the 15th and removed them.  As to why they were returned only to be "found" again, one can only speculate. Perhaps to dramatically confirm that not only was Ruth Paine aware of them but that she knew exactly where they were located.

This is just priceless. We have a die-hard LNer, cornered by the facts, resorting to accusing the WC of falsifying the on-the-record receipt of evidence:D

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

But the whole point of the exercise in going in to Ms Paine's garage was to hand over 2 curtain rods that had lain there undisturbed since before the assassination.

Was it? Are you sure?

Either Ms Paine and Agent Howlett are both lying, or Agent Howlett alone is lying.

What was the lie exactly?

And-----as we are about to see-----Mr Jenner of the WC must be lying too.

Oh goody..I can't wait.

:D But they hadn't been given that designation by Mr Jenner of the WC yet! Aren't you even aware of how Mr Jenner came to assign them the numbers 275 and 276 on 23 March?

I'm aware of how Jenner came to assign them the numbers 275 and 276. He just added Ruth's name to the numbers that had already been attached to them on March 15.