Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Firearms experts who say; ?I can't do it so it can't be done?, cannot be trusted  (Read 27563 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Advertisement
The comments (professional opinions) of expert marksman are worth consideration if they have gone to the crime scene. If your boys (Roberts, Hathcock and Hammerer) have not traveled to Dallas and looked out the 6th floor window of the TSBD from where the shots were fired, their estimates are of little value.

Would their opinions be based on descriptions of the shooting by the:

--  Warren Commission?

--  House Select Committee on Assassinations?

--  the writers of various books and articles?

-- assessments or reconstructions in Television documentaries?

Probably some or all.

Your speculation as to what's better in terms of direction and trajectory are "either/or propositions". Do you comprehend: The assassin might choose the poorer of two potential shooting methods and yet still be successful.

All assertions about "the best or better way" shooting sequences are subjective... and they do not consider the "wrong way still worked" possibility.

My "boy", the late Howard Donahue participated in the 1967 CBS tests and made the shots. It was not a perfect reconstruction but similar enough to prove that the shots attributed to Oswald were possible.

We are way off-topic... but hey it's my Subject and I'm obliged to answer all comments or I'll be branded a "dodger".

The comments (professional opinions) of expert marksman are worth consideration if they have gone to the crime scene. If your boys (Roberts, Hathcock and Hammerer) have not traveled to Dallas and looked out the 6th floor window of the TSBD from where the shots were fired, their estimates are of little value.

You don't know what you're babbling about Mr Lidell.....   

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

You don't know what you're babbling about Mr Lidell.....   

Nonsense. Those firearms experts are Americans as far as I know. Airline tickets are cheap in the USA and economy accommodation can be found in or near Dallas Texas.

If these big-shot shooters are so keen to proffer their opinions about the Oswald/JFK shooting sequence: why not jet into "the big D" and do the tour at the TSBD? Subsequent "opinions" would be much more credible. Who knows: they might even change their minds and regard the WC's (and HSCA's) conclusions as correct?

Incidentally, your comment is (or close to) an ad hominem attack.

Offline Walt Cakebread

Nonsense. Those firearms experts are Americans as far as I know. Airline tickets are cheap in the USA and economy accommodation can be found in or near Dallas Texas.

If these big-shot shooters are so keen to proffer their opinions about the Oswald/JFK shooting sequence: why not jet into "the big D" and do the tour at the TSBD? Subsequent "opinions" would be much more credible. Who knows: they might even change their minds and regard the WC's (and HSCA's) conclusions as correct?

Incidentally, your comment is (or close to) an ad hominem attack.

You simply don't know what your talkin about Mr Lidell.... I'd guess that if you gave a dozen trained and experienced snipers the parameters of the ambush, that you'd get 12 expert opinions that the feat couldn't possibly be performed as THEORIZED by the Cover up committee.    I can say that with absolute conviction because no 5' 9" tall man could sit on a 14 " box and rest a rifle on a three foot tall stack of boxes and decline the muzzle down toward Elm street. 

And there are other aspects that refute the absurd THEORY.......

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

You simply don't know what your talkin about Mr Lidell.... I'd guess that if you gave a dozen trained and experienced snipers the parameters of the ambush, that you'd get 12 expert opinions that the feat couldn't possibly be performed as THEORIZED by the Cover up committee.    I can say that with absolute conviction because no 5' 9" tall man could sit on a 14 " box and rest a rifle on a three foot tall stack of boxes and decline the muzzle down toward Elm street. 

And there are other aspects that refute the absurd THEORY.......

I'd guess that if you gave a dozen trained and experienced snipers the parameters of the ambush, that you'd get 12 expert opinions that the feat couldn't possibly be performed as THEORIZED by the Cover up committee.

Provide the parameters of the "ambush". All the parameters!

I can say that with absolute conviction because no 5' 9" tall man could sit on a 14 " box and rest a rifle on a three foot tall stack of boxes and decline the muzzle down toward Elm street. 

There was "a" shooter, you know. Even if it was not Lee Harvey Oswald: someone fired shots from the sniper's nest, 6th floor TSBD. Perhaps your "mystery shooter" was taller than 5' 9"?

Offline Walt Cakebread

I'd guess that if you gave a dozen trained and experienced snipers the parameters of the ambush, that you'd get 12 expert opinions that the feat couldn't possibly be performed as THEORIZED by the Cover up committee.

Provide the parameters of the "ambush". All the parameters!

I can say that with absolute conviction because no 5' 9" tall man could sit on a 14 " box and rest a rifle on a three foot tall stack of boxes and decline the muzzle down toward Elm street. 

There was "a" shooter, you know. Even if it was not Lee Harvey Oswald: someone fired shots from the sniper's nest, 6th floor TSBD. Perhaps your "mystery shooter" was taller than 5' 9"?

No... you're wrong again....There was nobody firing a rifle from that SE corner window.... And even though Howard Brennan swore that he saw a man STANDING anding AIMING a HIGH POWERED RIFLE  ( ie; a hunting rifle) from a window....I'm not convinced that the man fired any shots.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

No... you're wrong again....There was nobody firing a rifle from that SE corner window.... And even though Howard Brennan swore that he saw a man STANDING anding AIMING a HIGH POWERED RIFLE  ( ie; a hunting rifle) from a window....I'm not convinced that the man fired any shots.

You cannot be serious Walt. [Apology to John McEnroe].

You're not convinced!!! Well okay.

So where were the shots fired from? Let me guess: You don't know and don't care.

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Assertion, assertion, assertion ad infinitum. No proof... just silly speculation.

No trial for Lee Harvey Oswald (had he not been killed by Jack Ruby) you say?
An impossible occurrence that would only be postulated by a fool.

Lee Harvey Oswald would have been, tried, convicted and sentenced for the murders of John F. Kennedy and JD Tippit. After the routine appeal he would have been executed. To put it plainly, the history books would record that Lee Harvey Oswald: Died in the electric-chair in Huntsville Texas.
No proof is no proof. And as far as I know, there was not a trial.
You, on the other hand, say....."but-but-but if-if if-if there were" 
Ross, you are a sick defender of lies.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

Assertion, assertion, assertion ad infinitum. No proof... just silly speculation.

No trial for Lee Harvey Oswald (had he not been killed by Jack Ruby) you say?
An impossible occurrence that would only be postulated by a fool.

Lee Harvey Oswald would have been, tried, convicted and sentenced for the murders of John F. Kennedy and JD Tippit. After the routine appeal he would have been executed. To put it plainly, the history books would record that Lee Harvey Oswald: Died in the electric-chair in Huntsville Texas.

Lee Harvey Oswald would have been, tried, convicted and sentenced for the murders of John F. Kennedy and JD Tippit.

Any body with a functioning brain would conclude that Lee Oswald would never have been tried.....   There simply wasn't any solid evidence that he had committed the crime.    That much should be clear to anybody who is a participant in these debates.   

Based on the THEORY that Lee Oswald had fired a rifle from that SE corner window. .....( which is the key starting point) ....No 5"9" man could have sat on a box and and used the stack of Rolling Readers as a rifle rest and declined the muzzle of the rifle down toward Elm street.    Based on that same THEORY.....The rifle would have to have been a Kentucky loooooong rifle  for the muzzle to have protruded out of that window.....The carcano is a mere 40 inches long... so  a man sitting on a box four feet back from the wall and using the stack of Rolling Readers as a rifle rest could not have had the muzzle out of the window.

And this is merely the start.....  Nearly every piece of evidence can be shown to be false.