JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate > JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate

Lack Of Damage To CE-399

<< < (84/85) > >>

Mitch Todd:

--- Quote from: Jerry Freeman on June 09, 2022, 06:53:43 AM ---El Bumpo-------------------------
If you take this thread to page 12 or so you will find that CE 399 was abandoned for jackets and backyard photographs and darn it I am going to put it back.
I discovered this video posted by Martin Weidmann in a now locked thread.
It clearly shows this bullet fired into a block of gelatin. If you can stop action the motion in time at the very first you can see the bullet with a clearly defined nose enter and then when it exits [yes it traveled straight through without deviation] when it leaves the gel...the nose is flatter than a 5 year old. In fact you can see it slowly flatten on the way through.
So what does this say about all this lack of damage to CE 399? 

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQx2eHpDVnE
--- End quote ---
The bullet in the video is a hollow-point and as such, it mushrooms quite nicely. Because that's exactly what it's designed to do.
Military rifle rounds of the Carcano's generation were specifically designed to not do this. I'm afraid you've come up with an apples-to-oranges comparison here.

Mitch Todd:

--- Quote from: Jerry Freeman on June 09, 2022, 07:04:30 AM ---Thread from 2 years ago

Another video start action at 2:30.........

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjiqGPwrIwA
The gel looks like the Terminator T-1000

--- End quote ---
Ditto with this example. This time, the bullets have a red polymer tip embedded in the nose cavity as an expansion aid.

Jerry Organ:

Jerry Freeman:
OK...I tripped using the above video as an example. So I found a vid using a regular 30 cal round and it doesn't flatten but starts to yaw. What it might illustrate is my previous speculation that CE 399 was fired by C2766 into a gel block to be used for 'evidence' and presented to the FBI lab.....

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2tkgIdX6ak

Walt Cakebread:

--- Quote from: Jerry Freeman on June 09, 2022, 05:06:22 PM ---OK...I tripped using the above video as an example. So I found a vid using a regular 30 cal round and it doesn't flatten but starts to yaw. What it might illustrate is my previous speculation that CE 399 was fired by C2766 into a gel block to be used for 'evidence' and presented to the FBI lab.....

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2tkgIdX6ak
--- End quote ---

I seriously doubt that the "Magic Bullet" ( CE 399) was fired through the worn barrel of the TSBD carcano. (C2766)

The photos of CE 399 reveal a bullet that was fired through a barrel in good condition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version