Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lack Of Damage To CE-399  (Read 68111 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Lack Of Damage To CE-399
« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »
Advertisement
Fair enough. I had not seen the actual receipt and only quoted from her ARRB statement. So, she did give it to Nolan after all.

However, although I am not at home and don't have access to all my files, I did check a hard drive with some material on it and came across a newspaper clip from the days of the HSCA. It does not say the name of the paper or an exact date, but mentions that HSCA investigators had finished talking to Audrey Bell. In the article it says that another Patrolman named C. Harbison was also given 3 fragments of a bullet that came from Connally's body. He turned them over to the FBI. My initial thought was that he must have been the other plain clothes officer with Nolan, but the article says that Harbison was given the three fragments on 11/25/63. Three days after Bell gave her fragments to Nolan. I wonder what happened to Harbison's fragments and why he - according to the article - was never called to testify.....

It does not say in the ARRB report that she was shown a photocopy nor that she could only make out the large fragment. And she did in fact say that the fragments were too small!

The ARRB report says: "When shown CE 842 (page 841 in Warren Commission Volume XVII), she said that the fragment(s) photographed in the container were too small, and were too few in number, to represent what she handled on 11/22/63."

As I said before, fair enough.

the article says that Harbison was given the three fragments on 11/25/63. Three days after Bell gave her fragments to Nolan.

Item number 7 on the evidence list for 11/22/63 lists "Bullet fragments taken from body of of Governor Connally"    The note accompanying the description of  item #7 says....Mrs Audrey Bell, Operating room nurse , to Bob Nolan, DPS, to Capt. Fritz, to Crime lab, to FBI. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2020, 04:22:05 PM »
the article says that Harbison was given the three fragments on 11/25/63. Three days after Bell gave her fragments to Nolan.

Item number 7 on the evidence list for 11/22/63 lists "Bullet fragments taken from body of of Governor Connally"    The note accompanying the description of  item #7 says....Mrs Audrey Bell, Operating room nurse , to Bob Nolan, DPS, to Capt. Fritz, to Crime lab, to FBI. 

Walt, please read the preceding posts before you jump into the discussion.

The three fragments that Harbison were given on 11/25/63, while guarding the room where Connally was in, are not the same ones as those given by nurse Bell to Officer Nolan three days earlier. The record, as it currently stands, makes no mention of the Harbison fragments. All we have is what he told Earl Golz.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »

The three fragments that Harbison were given on 11/25/63, while guarding the room where Connally was in, are not the same ones as those given by nurse Bell to Officer Nolan three days earlier. The record, as it currently stands, makes no mention of the Harbison fragments. All we have is what he told Earl Golz.

I was merely stating information.....I have no dog in this hunt......

I merely pointed out that the evidence list of the evidence that was turned over to the FBI at midnight 11/22/63, lists the fragments removed from Connally.

Are you suggesting that they removed more fragments from Connally three days later .....  That doesn't make sense.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2020, 06:59:30 PM »
the evidence list of the evidence that was turned over to the FBI at midnight 11/22/63,

LOL.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »

I was merely stating information.....I have no dog in this hunt......

I merely pointed out that the evidence list of the evidence that was turned over to the FBI at midnight 11/22/63, lists the fragments removed from Connally.

Are you suggesting that they removed more fragments from Connally three days later .....  That doesn't make sense.   

That's exactly why I said that you should have read the preceding posts. Then you would have known what my comments were about.

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm saying that I came across a newspaper article from the late 70's in which it says that Patrolman C. Harbison, who was guarding Connally's room at the hospital, was also given fragments of a bullet that came from Connally's body. This apparently happened on 11/25/63. Harbison claims he turned them over to the FBI but they haven't been seen since. Apparently this matter got the attention of HSCA investigators who - it seems - ultimately did nothing with it. Earl Golz brought it to the attention of the ARRB, which is mentioned in the memo I provided a link for in my earlier post.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2020, 08:21:39 PM »
That's exactly why I said that you should have read the preceding posts. Then you would have known what my comments were about.

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm saying that I came across a newspaper article from the late 70's in which it says that Patrolman C. Harbison, who was guarding Connally's room at the hospital, was also given fragments of a bullet that came from Connally's body. This apparently happened on 11/25/63. Harbison claims he turned them over to the FBI but they haven't been seen since. Apparently this matter got the attention of HSCA investigators who - it seems - ultimately did nothing with it. Earl Golz brought it to the attention of the ARRB, which is mentioned in the memo I provided a link for in my earlier post.

As I said.... I was merely posting the information from the evidence list.....  But now that you've enlightened me about the newspaper story from the late seventies I'll offer my opinion ..... The news paper reporter was confused.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #382 on: April 16, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »
There was more than one X-Ray taken of the thigh. There were three. Two anterior posterial views and one lateral view. Dr Gregory examined all three.

You're suggesting...I can deduce the weight of an object by looking at crude (2D)  pictures of said object?  Well, I'm just a simple country boy, so I'd want to just use  a scale.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #382 on: April 16, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #383 on: April 16, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
As I said.... I was merely posting the information from the evidence list.....  But now that you've enlightened me about the newspaper story from the late seventies I'll offer my opinion ..... The news paper reporter was confused.

The news paper reporter was confused.

Huh?

That's what Tim said also. You're not going LN on me, are you now, Walt?

In any case; here's what the article starts with;

"A Texas highway patrolman who guarded then Gov John Connally's room at Parkland Hospital has told the Dallas Morning News he recalls turning over to an FBI agent more than three bullet fragments purportedly removed from Connally the day President John Kennedy was assassinated."

Later in the article it says: "Harbison was interviewed by the News Saturday"

The reporter, I have since learned, was Earl Golz

In a ARRB Memo from Joe Freeman to Jeremy Gunn dated April 26, 1996

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/ARRB/JFREEMAN/WP-DOCS/041996.WPD.pdf

its says on page 14;

4/11/77 HSCA staffer Kevin Walsh writes a memo referencing a call from Dallas reporter Earl Golz in which Golz says that a Texas State Trooper named Charles W. Harbison had come forward with the following information: Harbison claimed to have been at Parkland several days after the assassination, as Governor Connally was being moved out of the Intensive Care Unit; Harbison claimed that one of Connally’s doctors handed Harbison three or more bullet fragments which were explained to Harbison as having been removed from Connally.  Harbison told  Golz he turned the fragments over to an FBI agent whose name he  could not recall.  Apparently, Golz wrote about this claim in an article for the Dallas Morning News in or near the 1st of April, 1977.  Golz told Walsh that he (Golz) had put Harbison in touch with Audrey Bell and that Harbison believes the fragments he handled were different from the ones Bell was involved with.

No other information or corroboration has been found regarding this claim; nor has the news article been located as of this writing.

Could it be you were just confused, Walt?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 09:59:27 PM by Martin Weidmann »