Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar  (Read 31694 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2022, 08:48:47 PM »
Advertisement
The fact that Oswald left his wedding ring behind at the Paine house on the morning of November 22nd (something he had never done before) is most definitely one of the pieces of circumstantial evidence that leads in the direction of Oswald's guilt. Only a staunch CTer would think otherwise.

No, it's pure confirmation bias and rhetoric.  It's not evidence at all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2022, 08:48:47 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2022, 08:52:22 PM »
It's a simple matter of being able to add up and reasonably evaluate the evidence (including Lee Oswald's very important actions and movements on both Nov. 21 and 22).

"reasonable evaluation" defined as accepting DVPs speculation and assumptions as facts and evidence.

IMO, conspiracy theorists never seem to want to do this "adding up" of the evidence at all.

0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2022, 08:57:44 PM »
Marina SAW the damn thing in the garage in October.

Marina peeked in the end of a rolled and tied blanket and saw part of a wooden stock that she took to be a rifle.  In late September or early October.

Plus: We know that LHO had his rifle in New Orleans in the summer of '63.

A rifle.  You don't know which one.

And we also know that all his possessions were transported to Irving in Ruth's car in Sept. '63.

We don't know a rifle was amongst them.

1. Lee Oswald has possession of a rifle in New Orleans in Summer 1963. (And Marina sees Lee working the bolt of the gun on the screened-in porch in that city.)

False.  She heard some noises from inside.

4. Lee Oswald carries a long-ish paper package into the TSBD on the morning of 11/22/63. (And Lee lies to Buell Wesley Frazier about the contents of that package.)

You don't know he lied about the contents.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2022, 08:57:44 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2022, 09:09:10 PM »
The rifle is linked to LHO by documents, serial number, photos, and prints.

Bull.  It's "linked" to a PO box that Oswald had access to via a document from microfilm that is "missing".  There's no evidence that this rifle was ever shipped through the postal service, delivered to the post office in Dallas, or picked up by Oswald or anybody else.  Furthermore, the FBI was monitoring his mail.  If he had been sent a rifle, they would have known about it.  They either concealed that information or it never happened.

There are no photos that link Oswald to C2766.  There are no "prints" that link Oswald to C2766.  According to Sebastian Latona, the prints by the trigger guard were unsuitable for identification purposes and a single partial palmprint showed up a week later on an index card.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2022, 09:20:04 PM »
Marina made a lot of contradictory statements over the months and years.  So many that the HSCA compiled a 30 page document full of them:

http://iacoletti.org/jfk/marina-contradictions.pdf

Marina was also pressured to "cooperate" by the suggestion that she would be allowed to remain in the country if she did.  She also didn't have a great command of the English language.  Ruth Paine was present when Marina showed the blanket in the garage to the cops.  She was the one translating what Marina actually said that day.  Therefore, it is important to look at what Ruth Paine said about it.

Mrs. PAINE - There were six altogether, and they were busy in various parts of the house. The officer asked me in the garage did Lee Oswald have any weapons or guns. I said no, and translated the question to Marina, and she said yes; that she had seen a portion of it--had looked into--she indicated the blanket roll on the floor.
Mr. JENNER - Was the blanket roll on the floor at that time?
Mrs. PAINE - She indicated the blanket roll on the floor very close to where I was standing. As she told me about it I stepped onto the blanket roll.
Mr. JENNER - This might be helpful. You had shaped that up yesterday and I will just put it on the floor.
Mrs. PAINE - And she indicated to me that she had peered into this roll and saw a portion of what she took to be a gun she knew her husband to have, a rifle.

. . .

Mr. JENNER - And now, having examined the statement transcribed on Page 46, to the best of your recollection, to the extent it summarizes what was said, is it accurate?
Mrs. PAINE - Well, I particularly remember the part of the testimony or the statement, sworn statement, that talks about the rifle, that she had known there had been a rifle in the garage and that it was not there on the 22d, that she could not positively say it was her husband's rifle when they showed her a rifle at the police station. This is what I particularly remember.
Mr. JENNER - Do you recall that she fixed the time when she had seen the blanket prior to November 22 as having been 2 weeks prior thereto?
Mrs. PAINE - She was indefinite, more so than the statement here.
Mr. JENNER - The statement reads, "I opened the blanket and saw a rifle in it."
Mrs. PAINE - My recollection of that is that she opened the blanket and saw a portion of what she judged to be a rifle, having known already that her husband had one.
Mr. JENNER - Did she identify the part she saw as the stock of the rifle?
Mrs. PAINE - I don't recall--that was all done by the police.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 09:20:46 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2022, 09:20:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2022, 12:27:07 AM »
Bull.  It's "linked" to a PO box that Oswald had access to via a document from microfilm that is "missing".  There's no evidence that this rifle was ever shipped through the postal service, delivered to the post office in Dallas, or picked up by Oswald or anybody else.  Furthermore, the FBI was monitoring his mail.  If he had been sent a rifle, they would have known about it.  They either concealed that information or it never happened.

There are no photos that link Oswald to C2766.  There are no "prints" that link Oswald to C2766.  According to Sebastian Latona, the prints by the trigger guard were unsuitable for identification purposes and a single partial palmprint showed up a week later on an index card.

The crucial link is the BY photo.....   Most simple minded uncritical minded,  folks look at a BY photo and see Lee Oswald holding the carcano....That's all that is necessary for those simple minds.

Of course there are any number of reasons that Lee had Marina take his photo while holding a carcano.....Who knows why he wanted that photo taken nine months before the coup d' etat??

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2022, 12:31:32 AM »
How?  All they tell you is when the orders were processed.

And the Klein's order was MAILED the previous day, March 12. (Which is, of course, one of the main reasons why CTers like to call the Klein's evidence "fake". They think it couldn't have arrived in Chicago and be processed in one day. But, as usual, the CTers are dead wrong.)

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-postmark-on-commission-exhibit-773.html

So the Klein's order was most certainly RECEIVED by Klein's on March 13, just as the stamped date indicates on Waldman #7. And, yes, I'm ASSUMING the Seaport order was also mailed on March 12, due to the "March 13" invoice date on the Seaport internal form. But, since coincidences like that aren't impossible, I suppose it is possible that Oswald put the revolver order in the mail on January 27 (to match the date he himself wrote on the order form), and then Seaport Traders in L.A. just let Oswald's order sit around for 6 or 7 weeks until they finally got around to processing it. But I kinda doubt that silly scenario is the truth. Don't you?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 12:37:36 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2022, 12:31:32 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2022, 01:01:40 AM »
Marina made a lot of contradictory statements over the months and years.  So many that the HSCA compiled a 30 page document full of them:

http://iacoletti.org/jfk/marina-contradictions.pdf

Marina was also pressured to "cooperate" by the suggestion that she would be allowed to remain in the country if she did.  She also didn't have a great command of the English language.  Ruth Paine was present when Marina showed the blanket in the garage to the cops.  She was the one translating what Marina actually said that day.  Therefore, it is important to look at what Ruth Paine said about it.

Mrs. PAINE - There were six altogether, and they were busy in various parts of the house. The officer asked me in the garage did Lee Oswald have any weapons or guns. I said no, and translated the question to Marina, and she said yes; that she had seen a portion of it--had looked into--she indicated the blanket roll on the floor.
Mr. JENNER - Was the blanket roll on the floor at that time?
Mrs. PAINE - She indicated the blanket roll on the floor very close to where I was standing. As she told me about it I stepped onto the blanket roll.
Mr. JENNER - This might be helpful. You had shaped that up yesterday and I will just put it on the floor.
Mrs. PAINE - And she indicated to me that she had peered into this roll and saw a portion of what she took to be a gun she knew her husband to have, a rifle.

. . .

Mr. JENNER - And now, having examined the statement transcribed on Page 46, to the best of your recollection, to the extent it summarizes what was said, is it accurate?
Mrs. PAINE - Well, I particularly remember the part of the testimony or the statement, sworn statement, that talks about the rifle, that she had known there had been a rifle in the garage and that it was not there on the 22d, that she could not positively say it was her husband's rifle when they showed her a rifle at the police station. This is what I particularly remember.
Mr. JENNER - Do you recall that she fixed the time when she had seen the blanket prior to November 22 as having been 2 weeks prior thereto?
Mrs. PAINE - She was indefinite, more so than the statement here.
Mr. JENNER - The statement reads, "I opened the blanket and saw a rifle in it."
Mrs. PAINE - My recollection of that is that she opened the blanket and saw a portion of what she judged to be a rifle, having known already that her husband had one.
Mr. JENNER - Did she identify the part she saw as the stock of the rifle?
Mrs. PAINE - I don't recall--that was all done by the police.

Marina has said that this is NOT how it happened.....   Marina could understand English.... and the officer asked her if her husband owned any guns.    But before she could think of the words to answer the officer Ruth Paine butted in and replied that "no, Lee didn't own any guns" .....    Marina was startled by Ruth's statement and corrected her answer to the officer, by saying that yes, Lee did own a gun ( she didn't know the difference between a shotgun, and a B-B gun.) and pointed to the rolled up blanket on the floor.   

Later when they were standing and waiting while the police poked around in the garage, Marina quietly asked Ruth why she had told the officer that Lee didn't own a gun, and then twisted the officer's question when she translated it to Marina.  Marina said her words to Ruth Paine were....Why did you say "no" ..... and has your knowledge of Russian  suddenly failed you?