Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar  (Read 30281 times)

Offline David Von Pein

Re: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2022, 02:56:44 AM »
Advertisement
I have indeed added up 1 thru 5 and find that they don't add up to the conclusion you attach to your assumptions.

Basically, what you have presented here is a highly circumstantial case, backed up with no significance evidence whatsoever.

I have to ask, David; You do understand the difference between assumptions and actual evidence, right?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the topic of whether Mannlicher-Carcano Rifle No. C2766 was in Ruth Paine's garage on Thursday, November 21, 1963.

I know you'll dispute the following statement about Oswald ordering the rifle, but I'll say it anyway because I think it needs to be said in a discussion of this nature:

Since we know (via the multiple documents that exist to prove it) that Lee Oswald definitely did order a rifle from Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago in March of 1963, and Marina took pictures of Lee holding a rifle just a couple of weeks after Lee ordered a rifle by mail....then isn't it very likely that the rifle that Marina Oswald said she saw in the blanket inside Ruth Paine's garage is the very same rifle that Lee Oswald ordered from Klein's seven months earlier?

Or would a more reasonable and more sensible conclusion be that the rifle Marina saw in the blanket in late September or early October* was a rifle that belonged to somebody else other than Lee Harvey Oswald?

I think it's fairly easy to figure out the most-likely-to-be-correct answer to that one.

* BTW, my "October" estimate for when Marina said she saw the rifle in Ruth's garage is, indeed, an accurate estimate (based on Marina's Warren Commission testimony [at 1 H 52]):

MARINA OSWALD -- "There was only once that I was interested in finding out what was in that blanket, and I saw that it was a rifle."
J. LEE RANKIN -- "When was that?"
MRS. OSWALD -- "About a week after I came from New Orleans."

Marina and Ruth Paine arrived back in Irving, Texas, from New Orleans on September 24, 1963. A week later was October 1st. But it's hardly worth quibbling over. At any rate, Marina saw the rifle in the garage no earlier than the last week of September '63.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:03:35 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2022, 02:56:44 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2022, 06:56:23 AM »
I see John is in need of that calculator again.

Why can't CTers ever add things up logically?

Because “logic” to you is making up stories that you cannot substantiate in any way and calling it “evidence”.

We know Oswald mailed the Klein's form before 10:30 AM on March 12.

We know nothing of the kind. You’re confusing your conjecture with knowledge again.

(And I think he probably mailed it BEFORE he went to work that day. The Main Post Office was likely open by 8:00 AM in those days, per Gary Mack.)

Bzzzt. The timesheet shows him already working at 8:00.

Ergo, Klein's received the Oswald order form on either March 12 (the day it was mailed)

Bull. You don’t know what day it was mailed. The order coupon isn’t dated.

or March 13 (the day Waldman 7 was stamped). March 13th, of course, is the day it was likely received in the mail by Klein's.

“Likely”. LOL.

And there is no proof whatsoever that Waldman No. 7 is some kind of phony/fake document.

There’s certainly no way to authenticate it. The original documents and even the microfilm are gone. How would even Waldman, who had nothing to do with processing orders, have known it was authentic?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2022, 07:03:04 AM »
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the topic of whether Mannlicher-Carcano Rifle No. C2766 was in Ruth Paine's garage on Thursday, November 21, 1963.

You can either prove that it was or you cannot.

Since we know (via the multiple documents that exist to prove it) that Lee Oswald definitely did order a rifle from Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago in March of 1963,

Bull. The only document that personally connects Oswald to any rifle order from Klein’s is the order coupon and the unscientific and biased handwriting “analysis” done on it.

and Marina took pictures of Lee holding a rifle just a couple of weeks after Lee ordered a rifle by mail....then isn't it very likely that the rifle that Marina Oswald said she saw in the blanket inside Ruth Paine's garage is the very same rifle that Lee Oswald ordered from Klein's seven months earlier?

The only thing that makes this “likely” is your fertile imagination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2022, 07:03:04 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2022, 08:10:18 AM »
The Denial Of The Actual Evidence in the JFK case amongst Internet CTers has reached new heights of absurdity. Pretty soon I expect to hear some crazy tale about how the assassination didn't really take place in Dallas at all. It took place in Boise, Idaho, and Dallas was merely "planted" into the assassination story.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2022, 08:15:54 AM »
An appeal to ridicule is not evidence either. Your mentor, Vince, never did learn that lesson. There’s still time for you to.

A ring in a cup will never be evidence of murder, as much as you would like it to be. The fact that you have to populate your argument with non-evidence only demonstrates that you have nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 08:16:35 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2022, 08:15:54 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2022, 01:22:53 PM »

I know you'll dispute the following statement about Oswald ordering the rifle, but I'll say it anyway because I think it needs to be said in a discussion of this nature:

Since we know (via the multiple documents that exist to prove it) that Lee Oswald definitely did order a rifle from Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago in March of 1963, and Marina took pictures of Lee holding a rifle just a couple of weeks after Lee ordered a rifle by mail....then isn't it very likely that the rifle that Marina Oswald said she saw in the blanket inside Ruth Paine's garage is the very same rifle that Lee Oswald ordered from Klein's seven months earlier?

Or would a more reasonable and more sensible conclusion be that the rifle Marina saw in the blanket in late September or early October* was a rifle that belonged to somebody else other than Lee Harvey Oswald?

I think it's fairly easy to figure out the most-likely-to-be-correct answer to that one.

* BTW, my "October" estimate for when Marina said she saw the rifle in Ruth's garage is, indeed, an accurate estimate (based on Marina's Warren Commission testimony [at 1 H 52]):

MARINA OSWALD -- "There was only once that I was interested in finding out what was in that blanket, and I saw that it was a rifle."
J. LEE RANKIN -- "When was that?"
MRS. OSWALD -- "About a week after I came from New Orleans."

Marina and Ruth Paine arrived back in Irving, Texas, from New Orleans on September 24, 1963. A week later was October 1st. But it's hardly worth quibbling over. At any rate, Marina saw the rifle in the garage no earlier than the last week of September '63.

I don't think you can make any kind of assumption about what rifle (if any) was in Ruth Paine's garage and when, based on events that happened several months earlier and here's why;

Even if Oswald ordered the rifle and he did so for himself (instead of possibly being manipulated to do it) and even if the rifle he is holding in the BY photos is the MC rifle, all that tells you, at best, that he had a rifle in March/April 1963. Although it might seem logical to assume that the rifle in Ruth Paine's garage, in late September, would be the same rifle, it really isn't logical at all.

Oswald is alleged to have used his rifle to shoot at General Walker in April. He is then supposed to somehow have taken that rifle, a weapon that has now been used in an attempted murder, with him to New Orleans, risking possible exposure of himself with the rifle. He then is supposed to have kept the rifle with him during his entire stay in New Orleans only to turn it over to Ruth Paine, a person he barely knew, giving up total control over that rifle for several weeks and potentially causing a problem between himself and the woman with whom his wife and daughter would be staying.

It seems far more logical to me that he would have disposed of the rifle after shooting at General Walker (if that's what he did) and before his trip to New Orleans.

then isn't it very likely that the rifle that Marina Oswald said she saw in the blanket inside Ruth Paine's garage is the very same rifle that Lee Oswald ordered from Klein's seven months earlier?

The problem with this is that whatever you think you can figure out is nothing more than conjecture based on assumptions. It is not evidence. You can consider something to be very likely as much as you like, but that doesn't mean that it is true. The basic error you are making is that you base your assumptions on your opinion that Oswald is guilty, which is the world upside down.

The bottom line is that there is no evidence whatsoever to show that there ever was a rifle in Ruth Paine's garage, at any time, except for Marina telling us that she once saw one, about a week after her trip from New Orleans. Everything else Marina said about that rifle, that it belonged to Oswald and still was there on 11/21/63 are mere assumptions. I find it incredibly unbelievable that Marina never confronted Oswald about that rifle being there, especially because she knew that Ruth Paine didn't like guns one bit and a rifle being stored in her garage could well cause major problems between Marina and Ruth.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:49:45 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2022, 02:45:58 PM »
I don't think you can make any kind of assumption about what rifle (if any) was in Ruth Paine's garage and when, based on events that happened several months earlier and here's why;

It seems far more logical to me that he would have disposed of the rifle after shooting at General Walker (if that's what he did) and before his trip to New Orleans.

Wow.  In suggesting that we make no "assumptions" about the rifle Martin interjects his subjective opinion of what he thinks Oswald would have done with the rifle to explain why he would have disposed of that rifle. Of course, this explanation assumes that Oswald was in fact the person who shot at Walker.  Something that Martin doesn't accept.  But he is using "logic" here so don't get in his way.  And, of course, Oswald did hide the rifle until he could be sure that he wasn't a suspect.   And then Martin suggests that Oswald was keeping a rifle for someone else!  A completely baseless claim from the same person who applies an impossible standard of proof when it comes to any evidence of Oswald's guilt.  But here Oswald is keeping a rifle for someone and then that second rifle also magically disappears before Nov. 22 and Oswald lies about every possessing such a rifle even though it would aid his cause to explain it!  Unreal.  Rabbit hole city here we come.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2022, 02:45:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2022, 04:53:30 PM »
Then let's add helicopter engineer Michael Paine who picked up and moved the blanket roll because he was concerned about its contents.

He picked his mind (to no avail) wondering what the rifle in the rolled up blanket held together with string contained instead of simply asking Marina.

SURE!!!

He picked his mind (to no avail) wondering what the rifle in the rolled up blanket held together with string contained instead of simply asking Marina.

Would you clarify, please?    The bottom line in the rifle in the blanket controversy is:....  There's simply not one iota of solid physical evidence that the rifle was in that blanket in the Paine's garage.