Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Arnold Rowland and the two men on the 6th floor - fabricator or WC fall guy?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nicholas, which color photos of his arrest have you seen? We'd appreciate a link.

I just googled for 'arrest of lee harvey oswald' and selected 'images'. There are some colour images on there, but are they colourised I wonder. Not sure of how to post a link properly.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Ray Mitcham

I just googled for 'arrest of lee harvey oswald' and selected 'images'. There are some colour images on there, but are they colourised I wonder. Not sure of how to post a link properly.

That's why I asked. I've done the same and can't see any color photos which would show his pants.

Register with post image and then you can post.

Offline Nicholas Turner

That's why I asked. I've done the same and can't see any color photos which would show his pants.

There are a couple which show the top part. I think there are only two images.

Offline Nicholas Turner

How do I register with post image please?

Offline Steve Logan

How do I register with post image please?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Nicholas Turner

Ta, I tried but failed though. They come up if you google as above though.

Online Howard Gee

The purpose of this thread is to collate what was known about what the 18 yo Arnold Rowland allegedly saw on 22/11/1963. The WC believed he was a fabricator and never saw an African American male in the SE corner ("SN") of the 6th floor of the TSBD at 12.15 pm and then gone by 12.25 pm.

Where does the WC state Rowland never saw an African American male in the SE corner of the 6th floor ?

Online Howard Gee

I do not blame BRW at all for lying where he was on the 6th floor - he would have been labeled as a co-conspirator by the DP just like Fritz tried to do with BWF. Being a young African-American male in the 60's in the South - BRW was as good as dead.

Do yourself a favor and cut the crap, drama queen.

BRW admitted he was on the 6th floor within a day or two of the assassination, and he wasn't 'as good as dead'.

He wasn't sentenced to death, and he wasn't labeled as a co-conspirator.

BRW might have thought admitting he was on the 6th floor could have resulted in  being a suspect as a co-conspirator - that could account for him stupidly initially omitting his presence on the 6th floor - but it turns out the admission didn't result in him being charged with anything, much less sentenced to death.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Tony Fratini

• Mr. FRITZ. I wasn't there when that was recovered.
Where does the WC state Rowland never saw an African American male in the SE corner of the 6th floor ?

The WR

"Rowland's failure to report his story despite several interviews until his appearance before the Commission, the lack of probative corroboration, and the serious doubts about his credibility, have led the Commission to reject the testimony that Rowland saw an elderly balding Negro man in the southeast corner window of the sixth floor of the Depository Building several minutes before the assassination."

They were in fact correct - there was no "elderly" Negro man in the SE corner of the 6th floor at 12.15 pm. The WC never considered that Arnold had made an error in his guesstimate of the African-American's age.

No photos  of the African-American male TSBD workers were shown to Arnold despite:

Mr. SPECTER. Do you believe that you could identify the Negro gentleman in window "A" whom you testified you saw?

Mr. ROWLAND. I would have to say perhaps. I can't say for sure.

Online Tony Fratini

• Mr. FRITZ. I wasn't there when that was recovered.
Do yourself a favor and cut the crap, drama queen.

BRW admitted he was on the 6th floor within a day or two of the assassination, and he wasn't 'as good as dead'.

He wasn't sentenced to death, and he wasn't labeled as a co-conspirator.

BRW might have thought admitting he was on the 6th floor could have resulted in  being a suspect as a co-conspirator - that could account for him stupidly initially omitting his presence on the 6th floor - but it turns out the admission didn't result in him being charged with anything, much less sentenced to death.

The WC knew, from reading the FBI statements, that BRW was in fact on the 6th floor eating his chicken lunch. The DP was not aware of this fact on 22/11/1963. BRW failed to mention that in his first day affidavit.

How do you think Captain Fritz would of reacted if BRW had told the DP that he was eating his chicken  lunch in the "SN" up until 12.25 pm? Do you think that was a deliberate omission by BRW? Would the DP believe him that he failed to hear or see someone on the 6th floor?

No drama queen, this was Texas in the 60's and BRW was an African-American.

The concern for the WC about Arnold's observation was made abundantly clear:

"One witness, however, offered testimony which, if accurate, would create the possibility of an accomplice at the window at the time of the assassination. The witness was 18-year-old Arnold Rowland, who testified in great detail concerning his activities and observations on November 22, 1963."

By discrediting Arnold, the whereabouts of BRW on the 6th floor became a non-issue for the WC.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:44:49 PM by Tony Fratini »

JFK Assassination Forum