Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 144552 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket
« Reply #744 on: June 05, 2018, 05:17:01 AM »
Advertisement
The radio dispatch record indicates a report of the jacket being found described it as a white jacket.

279 (unknown):
We believe we've got this suspect on shooting this officer out here. Got his white jacket. Believe he dumped it on this parking lot behind this service station at 400 block East Jefferson across from Dudley Hughes and he had a white jacket on. We believe this is it.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes2.htm

If the jacket were gray, or grayish blue, why would a  report be sent to dispatcher that the jacket is "white"?  whomever has found the jacket (still not known who picked it up from under the car) would surely be able to see in his own hand with his own eyes if the jacket is gray, or white, should he not?

The report coming into the dispatcher is AFTER the jacket has been found, so is not some mistaken earlier description by one of the 1:16 civilian operators of Tippets radio. Neither Bowley, nor Buenivides, nor Calloway.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes2.htm

on a side note to above dispatch record: Interesting that at 1:11, Inspector J.H. Sawyer reports:

"On the 3rd floor of this book company down here, we found empty rifle hulls and it looked like the man had been here for some time. We are checking it out now".  ???

A couple of other reports given to dispatcher about 1:34 pm:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes3.htm

Might can give you some additional information. I got an eye-ball witness to the get-away man. That suspect in this shooting is a white male, twenty-seven, five feet eleven, a hundred sixty-five, black wavy hair, fair complected, wearing a light grey Eisenhower-type jacket, dark trousers and a white shirt, and (. . . ?). Last seen running on the north side of the street from Patton, on Jefferson, on East Jefferson. And he was apparently armed with a 32 dark-finish automatic pistol which he had in his right hand.

550/2 (Sgt G.L.Hill):

The shells at the scene indicate that the suspect is armed with an automatic 38, rather than a pistol.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 05:25:27 AM by Zeon Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #744 on: June 05, 2018, 05:17:01 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #745 on: June 05, 2018, 05:31:39 AM »
Might can give you some additional information. I got an eye-ball witness to the get-away man. That suspect in this shooting is a white male, twenty-seven, five feet eleven, a hundred sixty-five, black wavy hair, fair complected, wearing a light grey Eisenhower-type jacket, dark trousers and a white shirt,

Which raises a couple of questions.  Why did they believe that a WHITE jacket they thought they found in a parking lot was his?  And why did they think Julia Postal's "ruddy looking, medium height, brown sport shirt" guy was the same guy?

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #746 on: June 05, 2018, 07:02:00 AM »
Which raises a couple of questions.  Why did they believe that a WHITE jacket they thought they found in a parking lot was his?  And why did they think Julia Postal's "ruddy looking, medium height, brown sport shirt" guy was the same guy?

IDK, John.

It doesnt make sense if a lot witnesses have described jacket as some other shade and color than white, why a report goes out for suspect wearing a "white" jacket.

Then they report they have found the "white" jacket and that doesn't make much sense unless the unknown person who found and carried the jacket, was "blinded by bright sunlight" too ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #746 on: June 05, 2018, 07:02:00 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #747 on: June 05, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »
First you have to show LHO went to Tenth and Patton. Well?

Of course he did.  As evidenced by the fact that when Helen Markham looked at his eyes she just kind of fell over.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2018, 07:29:16 AM »
Of course he did.  As evidenced by the fact that when Helen Markham looked at his eyes she just kind of fell over.

Exactly, she recognized mystery guest number #2 (Oswald) from the Tippit scene, those cold dead eyes.
Good catch.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2018, 07:29:16 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #749 on: June 07, 2018, 09:06:13 AM »
Exactly, she recognized mystery guest number #2 (Oswald) from the Tippit scene, those cold dead eyes.
Good catch.

"Mr. BALL. Now when you went into the room you looked these people over, these four men?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.
Mr. BALL. Did you identify anybody in these four people?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I didn't know nobody.
Mr. BALL. I know you didn't know anybody, but did anybody in that lineup look like anybody you had seen before?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No. I had never seen none of them, none of these men.
Mr. BALL. No one of the four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No one of them.
Mr. BALL. No one of all four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was there a number two man in there?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two is the one I picked.

And the Feluccas have the temerity to quote her. :D

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #750 on: June 07, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
"Mr. BALL. Now when you went into the room you looked these people over, these four men?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.
Mr. BALL. Did you identify anybody in these four people?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I didn't know nobody.
Mr. BALL. I know you didn't know anybody, but did anybody in that lineup look like anybody you had seen before?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No. I had never seen none of them, none of these men.
Mr. BALL. No one of the four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No one of them.
Mr. BALL. No one of all four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was there a number two man in there?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two is the one I picked.

And the Feluccas have the temerity to quote her. :D

Ray, have you ever had it explained to you before? I believe that you have. In fact, I'm sure that you have.

She never knew any of them personally. Had not even seen any of them before that day. However, she did pick Oswald out of the line up as the man who she saw murder Officer Tippit.

You've never been able to grasp that? Or has old age caught up to you and your memory is shot?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #750 on: June 07, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #751 on: June 07, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
Ray, have you ever had it explained to you before? I believe that you have. In fact, I'm sure that you have.

If it was you who explained,  you were wrong then as well.

She never knew any of them personally.

She was never asked that question

Had not even seen any of them before that day.
She was never asked that question either.

However, she did pick Oswald out of the line up as the man who she saw murder Officer Tippet.

Only after being prompted by a leading question. ie. "Was there a number two man in there?"

You've never been able to grasp that? Or has old age caught up to you and your memory is shot?
New study confirms adage that with age comes wisdom

Summary:
Older adults are better at interpreting the correct slope of a hill than young adults, which researchers believe is because of greater life experience.

With age comes wisdom, at least when it comes to knowing that things aren't always as they appear.

A new study led by Professor of Psychology Frank Durgin, which appears in the journal I-Perception, finds that older adults are better at interpreting the correct slope of a hill than young adults, which he believes is because of greater life experience. 🖕

There were four men in the line up.

Ball"Did you recognise anybody in the line up?
Markham"No sir"
Ball" ..did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. "From their face, no."
Ball  "Did you identify anybody in these four people?
Mrs. MARKHAM. "I didn't know nobody". [sic]
Ball I know you didn't know anybody, but did anybody in that lineup look like anybody you had seen before?
Mrs. MARKHAM. "No. I had never seen none of them, none of these men."

How much plainer does it have to be for you to understand?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:20:38 PM by Ray Mitcham »