Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?  (Read 25028 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why would the conspirators let Oswald have a midnight press conference?
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
Advertisement
Boy, that is some pretty strong Koolade that you are drinking. You're totally delusional.

Indeed.

Bill, quote me ever saying that pretty much every single piece of evidence presented against Oswald is doctored or fake.

Your problem is that you actually believe that the evidence there is actually shows that Oswald killed JFK.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »
That's exactly the mantra Iacoletti adopts when discussing the overwhelming evidence against Oswald in the deaths of Kennedy and Tippit.

This is proof that one can put the evidence right in front of Iacoletti and he will still deny what it proves.  He is wrong on all accounts.

Perhaps he is going to claim that your image is doctored or faked, like he does about pretty much every single piece of evidence presented against Saint Lee of the Oswalds.

Which, of course, he just did.  Thereby implying that John M faked the info contained in his post.  How about Martin just clear it up for us?   

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2018, 11:45:14 PM »
Reasons why conspirator(s) put Oswald before the camera at midnight:

1. Calm the public and start convincing them that Oswald was the lone shooter and there was no conspiracy.

2. Make use of Oswald's disheveled appearance and his blackened eye and cut to reinforce the effect of no.1

3. Hope that Oswald would make  some incriminating statement.

4. Show good faith that the pulbic and the press were given opportunity to see and ask quesionts of the suspect so that later, when he gets shot dead, it will be easier to explain that shooting as another non conspiratorial shooting by a lone crazy man, Jack Ruby.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2018, 11:45:14 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2018, 06:08:07 AM »
From Ruby's WC testimony.......

This is referring to the night of the assassination.

"I left the club--I left the synagogue and I drove by the Bali-Hai Restaurant. I noticed they were open. I took recognition of that. I drove by another club called the Gay Nineties, and they were closed.
 And I made it my business to drive down Preston Road. In my mind suddenly it mulled over me that the police department was working overtime. And this is the craziest thing that ever happened in a person's life. I have always been very close to the police department, I don't know why.
 I felt I have always abided by the law--a few little infractions, but not serious--and I felt we have one of the greatest police forces in the world here, and I have always been close to them, and I visited in the office. And over the radio I heard they were working overtime.
 I stopped at the delicatessen called Phil's on Oak Lawn Avenue, and suddenly I decided--I told the clerk there I wanted him to make me some real good sandwiches, about 10 or 12, and he had already started on the sandwiches and I got on the phone.
I called an officer by the name of Sims and I said, "Sims, I hear you guys are working," and so on. I said, "I want to bring some sandwiches." And he said, "Jack, we wound up our work already. We wound up what we were doing. We are finished what we were doing. I will tell the boys about your thoughtfulness, and I will thank them for you.""

Is this Detective Richard Sims from Homicide? If so, why was he not asked about this conversation during his WC testimony?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:59:13 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Maurice K Grey

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »
Reasons why conspirator(s) put Oswald before the camera at midnight:

1. Calm the public and start convincing them that Oswald was the lone shooter and there was no conspiracy.

2. Make use of Oswald's disheveled appearance and his blackened eye and cut to reinforce the effect of no.1

3. Hope that Oswald would make  some incriminating statement.

4. Show good faith that the pulbic and the press were given opportunity to see and ask quesionts of the suspect so that later, when he gets shot dead, it will be easier to explain that shooting as another non conspiratorial shooting by a lone crazy man, Jack Ruby.

Point #3 , Zeon.
Interview without representation.
I still don't buy that the press knew Lee was being charged with the murder of the president , before the accused himself knew.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2018, 12:47:50 PM »
From Ruby's WC testimony.......

This is referring to the night of the assassination.

"I left the club--I left the synagogue and I drove by the Bali-Hai Restaurant. I noticed they were open. I took recognition of that. I drove by another club called the Gay Nineties, and they were closed.
 And I made it my business to drive down Preston Road. In my mind suddenly it mulled over me that the police department was working overtime. And this is the craziest thing that ever happened in a person's life. I have always been very close to the police department, I don't know why.
 I felt I have always abided by the law--a few little infractions, but not serious--and I felt we have one of the greatest police forces in the world here, and I have always been close to them, and I visited in the office. And over the radio I heard they were working overtime.
 I stopped at the delicatessen called Phil's on Oak Lawn Avenue, and suddenly I decided--I told the clerk there I wanted him to make me some real good sandwiches, about 10 or 12, and he had already started on the sandwiches and I got on the phone.
I called an officer by the name of Sims and I said, "Sims, I hear you guys are working," and so on. I said, "I want to bring some sandwiches." And he said, "Jack, we wound up our work already. We wound up what we were doing. We are finished what we were doing. I will tell the boys about your thoughtfulness, and I will thank them for you.""

Is this Detective Richard Sims from Homicide? If so, why was he not asked about this conversation during his WC testimony?

Ruby was very busy that night.

After being told by Detective Sims the sandwiches weren't needed, he still purchased 8 corned beef sandwiches, 8 black cherry sodas, two celery tonics, 3 cups of butter, a half loaf of Jewish rye and extra pickles.

He told the counterman at Phil's Deli that he was going to take the sandwiches to the disk jockeys at KLIF, and he eventually did just that.

But not before attending the press conference, and notably correcting Wade's erroneous 'Free Cuba movement' statement with the actual 'Fair Play for Cuba' moniker.

Shortly afterwards, Ruby is on the phone with KLIF trying to gain admission to the station to bring them the sandwiches. Ruby is rebuffed and told the doors to the station are locked.

At that moment Ruby sees Wade outside the phone booth and asks the man at KLIF if they'd like an interview with him. KLIF agrees to it. Wade is talking to reporter Ike Pappas, when Ruby approaches and says 'There's a call for you, Henry'. Wade goes into the booth and is interviewed.

Interview over, Wade gives the receiver back to Ruby who asks if they'll let him in with the sandwiches now. He's told they'll leave the door open for 5 minutes only.

Before leaving for KLIF, Ruby runs into KLIF reporter Russ Knight upstairs, hurries back down to the basement, and sets up yet another interview with Wade.

Ruby doesn't make it to KLIF in 5 minutes and finds the door locked.

He waits there 10 minutes before Russ Knight comes down the street returning to KLIF with the taped interview of Wade that Ruby had just arranged.

Knight unlocks the door and Ruby brings his $9.60 bag of sandwiches into the station.

Busy night for Ruby. Life is strange.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »

Which, of course, he just did.  Thereby implying that John M faked the info contained in his post.  How about Martin just clear it up for us?

I'm surprised Martin hasn't rushed to John I's defense here to clear this matter up?  Wonder why?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »
True to form, "Richard" thinks lack of evidence is evidence.