Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is the Zapruder film a composite or an original?  (Read 16692 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Is the Zapruder film a composite or an original?
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
Advertisement

No kidding! I read up on the guy years ago, after Horne started peddling his tripe. 

It makes no difference to me what you think you know about Brugioni , comparing him with Plumlee.  How would know what type of CIA agent Brugioni is compared to any of them? 

Your type believe anything these people say when it comes to everything JFK assassination--as long as it doesn't jibe with the official investigations.  We have had FBI agents come out of the woodwork claiming all sorts of rubbish, trying to sell their conspiracy nonsense, and with ease, they can be torn to shreds with evidence.  I do not believe anyone claiming that the Zapruder film--or any of the photographic evidence--in the JFK assassination has been tampered with.  People like Brugioni are a dime a dozen.

Other than NPIC "Image Expert" Brugioni, how many other individuals have voiced an opinion as to what they saw on the "63" Zapruder Film vs what they see on The Current Zapruder Film? And let's Not Forget that Time/Life LOCKED the Zapruder Film inside a Vault for its' initial 12 years of existence. The chain of custody regarding The Current Zapruder Film is Completely Unknown.
        PS - You are doing both History & Yourself a disservice when you disparage a Legend such a Dino Brugioni. You can disagree with this NPIC Image Expert all you want, but labeling him "dime a dozen" does nothing but reveal your bias and lower the level of discussion. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »

Offline James Dahl

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 05:18:24 PM »
It's  interesting how you conspiracy buffs all hate the CIA and think they killed President Kennedy, not to mention a slew of other accusations against them made over the years--but the minute a former CIA employee says something you just happen to accept the word of the former CIA employee who claims that there were "more frames" in the Zapruder film than what has been available over the years. Never mind the fact that Zaprider testified at the Clay Shaw trial while viewing his film that he identified it has his own film, or all other evidence that supports the film being authentic!   

Zapruder himself stated that he never stopped filming the motorcade, yet the film cuts from before the turn onto Elm to after, so yeah follow your own advice on primary sources.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »
Zapruder himself stated that he never stopped filming the motorcade, yet the film cuts from before the turn onto Elm to after, so yeah follow your own advice on primary sources.

So he didn't recall stopping his camera.  Read his grandaughter's book.  You might learn something.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »
       Other than NPIC "Image Expert" Brugioni, how many other individuals have voiced an opinion as to what they saw on the "63" Zapruder Film vs what they see on The Current Zapruder Film? And let's Not Forget that Time/Life LOCKED the Zapruder Film inside a Vault for its' initial 12 years of existence. The chain of custody regarding The Current Zapruder Film is Completely Unknown.
        PS - You are doing both History & Yourself a disservice when you disparage a Legend such a Dino Brugioni. You can disagree with this NPIC Image Expert all you want, but labeling him "dime a dozen" does nothing but reveal your bias and lower the level of discussion.

Storing, the copy that is in the National Archives has the splices where the film was damaged. That film was sold back to the Zapruder family for $1.00 after the bootleg copies began appearing everywhere.  I take it that you haven't(or won't) read Alexandria Zapruder's book on the subject of the film, have you?  Where did you come up with the "chain of custody is unknown" nonsense?   

When I want your advice (which will never happen) I'll ask for it, Storing.  And, I am sure you could care less about me doing "disservice to [my]self".  Spare me. 

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
So he didn't recall stopping his camera.  Read his grandaughter's book.  You might learn something.

Zapruder's granddaughter gives the following account of his filming (this is from her book):

Zapruder said in the Clay Shaw trial that the film shown to the jury (multiple times) was the same one that was developed in Dallas the day of the assassination. The trial film was one of the copies made by Time/Life of the original Zapruder film (which they had) and that was subpoenaed by Garrison. That copy that was shown in the trial was later bootlegged and released to large parts of the public.

From the trial:

Q: Mr. Zapruder, from having seen what was projected on this film, can you tell the Court whether or not it appears to be the same as you viewed your original film on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas?

A: Yes, it does.

It seems obvious that if large parts were cut out or changed that he would have noticed it. Maybe not but we have lots of other evidence that is, for me, persuasive that the film wasn't deliberately altered.

The rest of his testimony is here: http://www.jfk-online.com/zaprudershaw2.html
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:28:03 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »

Offline James Dahl

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »

Why do I have to read his granddaughter's book, she wasn't there.  Zapruder was there and he said he never stopped filming.  You are wrong

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »
Zapruder said in the Clay Shaw trial that the film shown to the jury (multiple times) was the same one that was developed in Dallas the day of the assassination. The trial film was one of the copies made by Time/Life that was subpoenaed by Garrison. That copy was bootlegged and released to large parts of the public.

From the trial:

Q: Mr. Zapruder, from having seen what was projected on this film, can you tell the Court whether or not it appears to be the same as you viewed your original film on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas?

A: Yes, it does.

It seems obvious that if large parts were cut out or changed that he would have noticed it. Maybe not but we have lots of other evidence that is, for me, persuasive that the film wasn't deliberately altered.

The rest of his testimony is here: http://www.jfk-online.com/zaprudershaw2.html

Zapruder was Unable to ID Himself on the Zapruder Film Still Frames shown to him during his WC Testimony. Now, years later you want to swear by him when he is viewing a film in the middle of a packed courtroom? Zapruder was paid $150,000 for his film. This $150,000 would make it difficult for him to discredit an alleged copy of the film he sold to Time/Life for a small fortune. In 1963 when Zapruder sold his film for $150K, the average American was making roughly $4,000. $150,000 was a Ton of $$$ back in 1963. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »
Royell Sterling that is a take I have never heard or considered I believe I also have heard that Greer had all kinds of problems making that turn and driving erratically during the time period in the lapse in the film