JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeJFK Assassination Photo GalleryJFK Assassination Youtube ChannelRFK Assassination ForumMLK Assassination ForumSearchNotepadLoginRegister
JFK Assassination Gallery JFK Assassination Gallery
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 03:22:53 PM
News: Do not post topic titles that contain only capital letters LIKE THIS. If you do, your entire thread will be deleted

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
The lost bullet  (Read 20869 times)

Group: Administrator

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

-------------------------

Not everything you read on the internet should be believed. - Abraham Lincoln 1968

ReplyReply

Germany

interesting, is "JFK: The Lost Bullet" the new NG documenatry project ?

Missing Bullet Search

Photo by: National Geographic Television

Former FBI Metallurgist and current President of Forensic Metallurgy Associates, Frank DeRonja, searches for the missing bullet from the third shot

I wonder what they found, if anything at all.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:13:38 PM by Gerda Dunckel »

"ich bin ein Berliner"

"There's none so blind as those who will not see."

ReplyReply

Germany

NEWS

JFK ASSASSINATION EXPOSED WITH STARTLING NEW CLARITY AS
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL REMASTERS EYEWITNESS FILMS IN
HIGHER RESOLUTION HD THAN EVER BEFORE
INCLUDING ICONIC ZAPRUDER FOOTAGE

Mystery of Missing Bullet May Be Solved as New Digital Transfer Captures

Previously Obscured Details, including Those in the Sprocket Areas

JFK: The Lost Bullet premieres Sunday, November 20, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NGC

(Washington D.C.– October 31, 2011) The assassination of President John F. Kennedy still reverberates for the nation and the world after almost 50 years, yet there still seem to be more questions than answers. According to a 2003 poll, as many as 70 percent of Americans still believe either that Lee Harvey Oswald was innocent or that he didn't act alone. Most experts and skeptics agree that three shots were fired at JFK, but one bullet missed and was never recovered. The official investigations never pinpointed the time and location of all three shots and can only account for two of three bullets.

Now, National Geographic Channel (NGC) provides an unprecedented new look at the only eyewitness evidence from that fatal day —the home movies shot by average citizens at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

Newly remastered in high definition at a higher resolution that ever before
, could the additional level of detail reveal evidence needed to put to rest some of the biggest conspiracy theories surrounding the assassination?

Two days before the 48th anniversary of JFK's assassination,NGC presents JFK: The Lost Bullet on Sunday, November 20, at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The world premiere documentary offers the exclusive first look at home videos from that fateful day, including the restored Zapruder film, remastered in crystal-clear high definition and combined for the first time together in one film.

The digital scans offer more than projected images ever could — including details in the areas of exposed film between the sprocket holes. Could this obscured information shed light on some of the many controversies surrounding JFK's death — including the mystery of the missing bullet?

Led by renowned historian and author Max Holland, a team of expert investigators analyzes the remastered films for new clues. Culling together these eyewitness movies frame by frame, Holland creates a second-by-second reconstruction of what took place in Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963.

Referring to one of the restored home movie clips, he says,"This is extremely exciting because as far as I'm concerned, this is a new filmabout the assassination that's never been able to be viewed or evaluated —because it's never appeared with such clarity."

With the new high-definition scans and higher resolution, Holland thinks critical new details are revealed, including what he believes is the first time we are able to see Lee Harvey Oswald moving in the sixth floor window within seconds of the first shot. If Holland is right, the film may offer new clues as to where the mysterious first bullet actually hit.

JFK: The Lost Bullet investigates this historic crime scene with help from a retired U.S. Secret Service agent who participated in the first U.S. Secret Service investigation of the assassination, a key eye witness who hasn't talked publicly about the assassination since 1967 and a wound ballistics expert.

Shutting down the streets of Dealey Plaza, the team restages the shooting using a replica of Kennedy's car, an identical rifle and ammunition.Measuring the angle of the rifle with lasers, they match the approximate trajectory of each of the three bullets.

Pairing their findings with the home movies, additional eyewitness accounts, and archival photos and records, Max Holland builds a case for what he thinks no official report has ever managed to provide: a clear explanation for the missing bullet fired by Lee Harvey Oswald.

JFK: The Lost Bullet is produced by National Geographic Television for National Geographic Channel (NGC). For National Geographic Television, executive producer is Pamela Caragol Wells. For NGC, executiveproducer is Kathleen Cromley.

For more information, visit As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login orwww.ngcpr.com

wow, that makes me dance, has X-Mas come early this year ? I can't recall having seen the early Bell sequences in full frame, pluss the sprocket hole area. That goes also for all the other films which they promise will be presented with the sprocket hole area included.
That is very good news imo. I pray that NG will present them in a way researchers can work with them, that means complete films/sequences and without any FX tralala.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:01:09 PM by Gerda Dunckel »

ReplyReply

Group: Administrator

wow, that makes me dance, has X-Mas come early this year ? I can't recall having seen the early Bell sequences in full frame, pluss the sprocket hole area. That goes also for all the other films which they promise will be presented with the sprocket hole area included.
That is very good news imo. I pray that NG will present them in a way researchers can work with them, that means complete films/sequences and without any FX tralala.

It is released on the 22nd of November.

ReplyReply

It is released on the 22nd of November.

<iframe src="As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Special Features
Behind the scenes special feature is included with a runtime of 46:00

Editorial Reviews
They are among the most infamous home movies ever made, capturing an event that changed history. But do these humble 8-millimeter films reveal the whole story of John F. Kennedy s assassination?

National Geographic reveals these home movies as never before ... restored to a state more pristine than the day they were exposed to the Dallas sunshine of November 22nd, 1963. Join a team of pioneering investigators as they bring the home movies to life and expose the hidden secrets of the crime of the century.

This is going to be awesome!   clapxx thumbs1xx

History can be revised, even now as we speak.

ReplyReply

Seems the TV special is about Max Holland's theory of an early Oswald first-shot miss. Don't know if he lays the theory to rest or tries to prop it up. Holland proposed four years ago that the first shot was fired before the Zapruder film picked up the limousine and it missed the limousine because the bullet struck the traffic light arm. These screen grabs from the TV special show Holland looking at the traffic light arm.

The Holland theory first appeared in the New York Times on Nov. 22, 2007 in an op-ed piece called "As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login" by Max Holland and Johann Rush. Holland suggested that had the Warren Commission better-investigated "Position A" ("first point at which a person in the sixth-floor window of the book building ... could have gotten a shot at the president after the car had rounded the corner"), it might have reasoned "that Oswald fired three shots in approximately 11.2 seconds, with intervals of 6.3 seconds and 4.9 seconds between the shots."

This was developed into an article called "1963: 11 Seconds in Dallas" which is on a few sites, including As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Showing that anyone can find anything in the assassination buffet to support their theory, Holland offers this:

"No one’s memory was more exacting, though, than that of T.E. Moore, a Dallas County clerk who was standing on Elm Street. As Moore recalled in Larry Sneed's outstanding book No More Silence, a 1998 compilation of oral histories about the assassination, "There was a highway markersign right in front of the Book Depository, and as the president got around to that, the first shot was fired."

Holland then ties the eyewitness account into this:

"Approximately 1.4 seconds before Zapruder restarted his camera at frame 133, a horizontal traffic pole or arm extending over Elm Street momentarily obscured Oswald's bead on his target. That traffic pole has never been examined for a dent or metallic copper residue by any of the official investigations into the assassination. Yet if the first shot inadvertently clipped this arching metal pole, it would certainly explain how Oswald missed not only JFK, but the entire limousine. Telling photos taken shortly after November 22 reveal that the "highway marker sign" cited by T.E. Moore was just a few feet west of the traffic light’s vertical pole (the marker sign has long since been removed)."

A As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login from Dale K. Myers and Todd Vaughan can be found at the JFK Files site. Quoting Gary Mack, the article notes that Tina Towner stopped filming BEFORE she heard the first shot and DPD Sgt. Jim Chaney claims he heard the first shot when Jackie was turned left (about Z160). Later, Vaughan reasons:

"Moore could easily have meant the R.L Thornton freeway sign located further down Elm Street when referring to "a highway marker sign right in front of the Book Depository," rather than the cluster of highway markers located at the corner of Elm Street, as assumed by Holland (both signs being on the south side, or in front of the Depository)"

The Myers-Vaughan article goes on:

Holland apparently didn't know that T.E. Moore gave a statement to the FBI 47 days after the assassination, in which he spelled out exactly what sign he was talking about:

"...By the time President Kennedy had reached the [R.L.] Thornton freeway sign, a shot was fired..." [24H534]

The theory is further developed by Holland in the 2008 article "As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login" by Max Holland & Kenneth R. Scearce. It mentions the Mark Bell film, with Holland/Scearce thinking the first shot made a Bell sequence end in shakes. "Bell stopped filming just after Position A was realized, and perhaps at the instant the first shot was fired." Though they later suggest "the abrupt end to the Bell film and jiggle may just be a coincidence", it's possible Holland may revisit the first Bell scenario in the National Geographic special.

Myers and Vaughan challenged the 2008 article with their own article: "As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login".

Screen-grabs from TV special   
"Sniper's Nest set and ballistics demonstration
in studio. Marine sharpshooter aims rifle out sixth
floor window." (Looks like he's using a Carcano
M91/24 "Cavalry" minus its swing-out bayonet.)
Eyewitness Patricia Donaldson
recalls the assassination.

The highlight of the special may be the restored films. The Bell film, for example, now has the sprocket area. And the Tina Turner film doesn't seem to be as clear as it could be in on-line versions. Maybe the restored version will be better. Myers seems to have been working all along with clearer copies of the assassination films than that usually seen on-line, though they're not available for download at his site.

ReplyReply

Sunday 11/20 at 9o'clock PM,National Geographic Channel will air a program on restored film of our president's murder.

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. <a href="http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=register">Register</a>&nbsp;or&nbsp;<a href="http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=login">Login</a>

ReplyReply

To all of our friends I would like to point out that right now on you tube there is a trailer for the National Geographic show Lost Bullet that states it is the first time the films from that day will be shown in HD.The trailer states that Oswald can be clearly seen at the window with his rifle.I kid you not.The more I think about it though I wonder why now,aside from the terrible day's anniversary.

ReplyReply

This is so unbelievable to me I am reading a couple of reviews of this show and it is described as a perfect recreation including a marine sharpshooter armed with a laser in the exact spot that Oswald was in and to show us all about the magic bullet.The public has it sprung on us a couple of days before the murder's anniversary,with one brush.It is so outrageous to me.

ReplyReply

To all of our friends I would like to point out that right now on you tube there is a trailer for the National Geographic show Lost Bullet that states it is the first time the films from that day will be shown in HD.The trailer states that Oswald can be clearly seen at the window with his rifle.I kid you not.The more I think about it though I wonder why now,aside from the terrible day's anniversary.

High-Definition does not enhance resolution. Instead it reduces the loss of resolution during copying of the film. So if the HD copy shows Oswald in the window with the rifle, I can confidently call the copy an alteration.

Herbert

ReplyReply

This is so unbelievable to me I am reading a couple of reviews of this show and it is described as a perfect recreation including a marine sharpshooter armed with a laser in the exact spot that Oswald was in and to show us all about the magic bullet.The public has it sprung on us a couple of days before the murder's anniversary,with one brush.It is so outrageous to me.

I have been saying this for years. There is a real good chance that someday because of improvements in tech you will be able to see Oswald in the window. It won't matter much. To rational people who already know Oswald did it it won't be a big deal.  The kooks who for some reason need to believe it was a conspiracy, wll just say it was faked, or just change their theory.  There is no doubt about this.

What is silly is thinking that two turns that reduced the speed of the car to 8-11 m.p.h. is no big deal when motorcades are suppose to keep a 44 m.p.h. speed..R Caprio

LHO had poor hand-eye coordination and proof of this is seen in the fact he couldn't drive an automobile--  R Caprio

ReplyReply

The kooks will now say that NG is part of the coverup. How many times have we seen this? It wasn't enough that panels of actual experts in the field already explained the Magic Bullet Fact to them.

This is why its amusing when they ask for another investigation. Like we don't know already that the new investigation will say that Oswald shot JFK, The Magic Bullet fact did happen, and Oswald shot Tippit. Then they will say its all part of the coverup. Then they will get annoyed when you refer to them as kooks.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:46:51 AM by Brian Walker »

ReplyReply
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963 Assassination of JFK

JFK Assassination Gallery

RFK Assassination Forum discussion and debate surrounding the 1968 assassination of Robert F Kennedy

JFKForum.com

JFK Assassination Forum discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963 Assassination of JFK