JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeThe Robin Unger JFK Assassination GalleryYoutube JFK Assassination Video ChannelSearchNotepadLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2017, 09:50:34 AM
News: Posts and threads containing swear words, personal insults or crudities, content considered by Admin to be spamming, when reported or observed, may be edited or deleted.
The perpetrator of any offense may receive a posting suspension of a period to be determined by Admin in relation to the considered severity of the offense.
Questions relating to deletions or edits will not be answered by Admin via any communication method here or elsewhere.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
The Real Magic Bullet  (Read 9804 times)

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You copied and pasted that from Aguilar and Cunningham's crap article, not from the Associated Press article itself. The AP article misrepresented the ARRB testimony of Humes. It presents it as Humes breaking down under pressure. That's not what happened at all. Humes wasn't fazed one bit by the questioning.

rofl3
these are the sources from that portion of the article and there is nothing crap about them...
that article btw was written in 2003

[23] Mike Feinsalber, “JFK Autopsy Files Are Incomplete.” Associated Press, August 2, 1998, 11:48 a.m. EDT.

[24] See “CERTIFICATE” signed by “J. J. Humes,” 11/24/63, and cosigned by George Burkley, MD. Reproduced in: Weisberg, Harold, Post Mortem. Frederick, Maryland, 1975, p. 524. This document was published by the Assassination Records Review Board as ARRB MD # 9.

[25] See “CERTIFICATE” signed by “J. J. Humes,” 11/24/63, and cosigned by George Burkley, MD,. Reproduced in: Weisberg, Harold, Post Mortem. Frederick, Maryland, 1975, p. 525. This document was published by the Assassination Records Review Board as ARRB MD # 10.

-------------------------
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:43:40 AM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

Barbershop mirror or echo effect?

ReplyReply

Los Angeles Times
Nation IN BRIEF / WASHINGTON, D.C.
JFK Autopsy Records Faulty, Panel Says
August 03, 1998 | From Times Wire Reports

Records of the 1963 autopsy performed on John F. Kennedy are incomplete, and the doctors who conducted it undermined the integrity of their work by trying to protect "the privacy and the sensibilities of the president's family," a government review board says.

In a look at issues that have given rise to decades of speculation, the Assassination Records Review Board says it is able to finally answer the question about what Navy doctor James Humes did with notes taken during the autopsy and his first draft of the autopsy report. Previously, Humes confirmed that he tossed autopsy papers into the fireplace at his home while writing the report. "Under oath, Dr. Humes, finally acknowledged under persistent questioning . . . that he had destroyed both his notes taken at the autopsy and the first draft of the autopsy report," the board said.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:45:09 AM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

Ghost Writers in the Sky

WC
Mr. Specter.
We will use the Commission Exhibit No. 387 and I will ask you first of all, for the record, to identify what this document is, Dr. Humes.
(The document referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 387 for identification.)
Commander HUMES. This document is a copy of the gross autopsy report which was prepared by myself, Dr. Boswell, and Dr. Finck, and completed within approximately 48 hours after the assassination of the President.

HSCA
Mr. CORNWELL. And you finally began to write the autopsy
report at what time?
Dr. HUMES. It was decided that three people couldn't write the report simultaneously, so I assumed the responsibility for writing the report, which I began about 11 o'clock in the evening of Saturday, November 23, having wrestled with it for 4 or 5, 6 hours in the afternoon, and worked on it until 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning of Sunday, the 24th.

WC:
Mr. Specter.
And what do the next two sheets represent?
Commander HUMES. The next two sheets are the notes actually made in the room in which the examination was taking place. I notice now that the handwriting in some instances is not my own, and it is either that of Commander Boswell or Colonel Finck

Boswell in 1999 (ARRB):
Q Did you ever see the notes that Dr. Humes took during the course of the autopsy?
A No. I'm trying to think what notes he might have taken. I don't see his handwriting on that.
Q You mean Exhibit 1? [the 'face sheet']
A Right. I don't think I saw any of his notes.

Q Was it ever the custom or practice to have somebody take minutes or notes of proceedings of an autopsy?
A Always.
Q Was there somebody who did that?
A Well, basically I was taking the notes, for the most part.
Q And by those notes, you're referring to Exhibit 1? [the 'face sheet']
A Right.

In 1969 Finck testified under oath that he himself made no notes, and that Boswell made the notes on the 'face sheet'. He then corrects this to say that he did take measurements and may have written them down, or read them out for the others to write down, but that he had no notes when he left the autopsy room. He says Humes & Boswell made notes at the autopsy

HSCA
Q: Dr. Finck, I would like to show you another document that has been marked as [Exhibit # omitted] this deposition, and it is on its face an affidavit of Leonard D. Saslaw, Ph.D. And I wish that you would take a minute to read this affidavit. [Handing document to witness] MR. GUNN: We can go off the record.

[Discussion off the record.]

BY MR. GUNN:
Q: Dr. Finck, have you had an opportunity to read the affidavit of Leonard D. Saslaw, Ph.D.?
A: Yes, I did.

Q: Let me quote from two paragraphs of the affidavit and then I will ask you if that helps refresh your recollection to any events.
Paragraph X states:
"I clearly heard Dr. Finck, who was speaking sufficiently loudly for his words easily to be overheard, complain that he had been unable to locate the handwritten notes that he had taken during the autopsy on President Kennedy. Dr.Finck elaborated to his companions with considerable irritation that immediately after washing up following the autopsy, he looked for his notes and could not find them anywhere. He further recounted that others who were present at the autopsy also had helped him search for his notes to no avail.............Dr. Finck concluded his story by angrily stating that he had to reconstruct his notes from memory shortly after the autopsy."

The question, Dr. Finck, is do these two paragraphs help refresh your recollection first on the question of whether you took notes during the autopsy?
A: I don't know."

I don't know?...really?...I don't know?

This is the autopsy of the slain President of the United States and it is a disgrace
How can we rely on any part of these important documents much less it be used as any sort of reference to Mr. Ford's rewrite?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:05:01 PM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

"The human mind is our fundamental resource." JFK

Ghost Writers in the Sky

WC
Mr. Specter.
We will use the Commission Exhibit No. 387 and I will ask you first of all, for the record, to identify what this document is, Dr. Humes.
(The document referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 387 for identification.)
Commander HUMES. This document is a copy of the gross autopsy report which was prepared by myself, Dr. Boswell, and Dr. Finck, and completed within approximately 48 hours after the assassination of the President.

HSCA
Mr. CORNWELL. And you finally began to write the autopsy
report at what time?
Dr. HUMES. It was decided that three people couldn't write the report simultaneously, so I assumed the responsibility for writing the report, which I began about 11 o'clock in the evening of Saturday, November 23, having wrestled with it for 4 or 5, 6 hours in the afternoon, and worked on it until 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning of Sunday, the 24th.

WC:
Mr. Specter.
And what do the next two sheets represent?
Commander HUMES. The next two sheets are the notes actually made in the room in which the examination was taking place. I notice now that the handwriting in some instances is not my own, and it is either that of Commander Boswell or Colonel Finck

Boswell in 1999 (ARRB):
Q Did you ever see the notes that Dr. Humes took during the course of the autopsy?
A No. I'm trying to think what notes he might have taken. I don't see his handwriting on that.
Q You mean Exhibit 1? [the 'face sheet']
A Right. I don't think I saw any of his notes.

Q Was it ever the custom or practice to have somebody take minutes or notes of proceedings of an autopsy?
A Always.
Q Was there somebody who did that?
A Well, basically I was taking the notes, for the most part.
Q And by those notes, you're referring to Exhibit 1? [the 'face sheet']
A Right.

In 1969 Finck testified under oath that he himself made no notes, and that Boswell made the notes on the 'face sheet'. He then corrects this to say that he did take measurements and may have written them down, or read them out for the others to write down, but that he had no notes when he left the autopsy room. He says Humes & Boswell made notes at the autopsy

HSCA
Q: Dr. Finck, I would like to show you another document that has been marked as [Exhibit # omitted] this deposition, and it is on its face an affidavit of Leonard D. Saslaw, Ph.D. And I wish that you would take a minute to read this affidavit. [Handing document to witness] MR. GUNN: We can go off the record.

[Discussion off the record.]

BY MR. GUNN:
Q: Dr. Finck, have you had an opportunity to read the affidavit of Leonard D. Saslaw, Ph.D.?
A: Yes, I did.

Q: Let me quote from two paragraphs of the affidavit and then I will ask you if that helps refresh your recollection to any events.
Paragraph X states:
"I clearly heard Dr. Finck, who was speaking sufficiently loudly for his words easily to be overheard, complain that he had been unable to locate the handwritten notes that he had taken during the autopsy on President Kennedy. Dr.Finck elaborated to his companions with considerable irritation that immediately after washing up following the autopsy, he looked for his notes and could not find them anywhere. He further recounted that others who were present at the autopsy also had helped him search for his notes to no avail.............Dr. Finck concluded his story by angrily stating that he had to reconstruct his notes from memory shortly after the autopsy."

The question, Dr. Finck, is do these two paragraphs help refresh your recollection first on the question of whether you took notes during the autopsy?
A: I don't know."

I don't know?...really?...I don't know?

This is the autopsy of the slain President of the United States and it is a disgrace
How can we rely on any part of these important documents much less it be used as any sort of reference to Mr' Ford's rewrite?

logo

ReplyReply

The autopsy report itself was never altered.

...you really should read back before posting

There are changes from the draft to the final..so the question becomes...
How can we be assured the changes that are made are consistent with whatever Humes burned?

Look at this exchange with Spector in which the content is not identified or the reason for the revision explained...
Mr. Specter.:  Now, just one point on the notes themselves.
Page 14 of your rough draft, Doctor Humes, as to the point of origin, the notes show that there was a revision between your first draft and your final report.

Commander HUMES. Yes, sir.  
That's it; no explanation or follow up..none..

other changes we can see
The rough draft stated the projectiles fired from a point behind and somewhat (illegible word) above a horizontal line to the vertical junction of the body at the moment of impact.  As altered the last part reads point defined and somewhat above the level of the deceased [that's quite a change]

On the seventh page the last 10 lines contain six changes in the description of the head these include
The alteration of the president's lower entrance wound as described from puncture in the draft to lacerated in the final copy

In the description of location the words "tangential to the scalp" were deleted
"In the underlying bone is a corresponding puncture wound" is in the original; the word puncture was deleted from the final
On the eighth handwritten page the word "puncture" relating to this same head wound was again deleted
[This is what the WCR describes as the entrance wound of the fatal bullet]

and we are left with
A single page containing 25 words of notes of his conversation with Dr. Parry,
15 pages of a rough draft of the autopsy report,
Two charts not in Humes handwriting, and two certifications both updated November 24, 1963

The first certification by and countersigned by the commanding officer of the Naval medical school it states:
"That all working papers associated with the autopsy have remained in my personal custody at all times" and were turned over to his superior with the handwritten draft.

The second states:
He had burned "certain preliminary draft notes"related to the autopsy

Such substantive changes from the rough draft to the final cannot be regarded as simple editing or grammatical corrections
...and if the remaining 2 are so different; how can they be trusted as a reliable reference for Mr Ford's rewrite or Dr. Humes' fireplace

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:56:08 AM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

I am a firm believer that President Kennedy was shot from the grassy knoll and was shot by more than one individual. When he was hit by the first bullet (through and through on the neck), his body was unable to lean to the right because of the car door. Kennedy had a known back injury and was wearing a back brace so he was unable to lean forward when the bullet pierced his neck. Therefore the only way he could lean was to the left, on Jackie. When he was leaning over his head fell down as well, exposing the back of his head to the grassy knoll.

Through video evidence, James Files admitted to shooting Kennedy from the grassy knoll. He said as he was squeezing the trigger he witnessed Kennedy jerk (the throat shot, causing his head to move downward) causing his shot to contact the back right of his head and "exploding" out the top right of his head.

ReplyReply

Less than 5% of the witnesses there that day said the shots came from more than one direction.

ReplyReply
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963

JFK Assassination Photographs Gallery

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963