JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeThe Robin Unger JFK Assassination GalleryYoutube JFK Assassination Video ChannelSearchNotepadLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2017, 12:03:46 PM
News: Posts and threads containing swear words, personal insults or crudities, content considered by Admin to be spamming, when reported or observed, may be edited or deleted.
The perpetrator of any offense may receive a posting suspension of a period to be determined by Admin in relation to the considered severity of the offense.
Questions relating to deletions or edits will not be answered by Admin via any communication method here or elsewhere.

Poll
Question: Do you consider Roger D Craig's Actual Testimony Reliable
Yes - 9 (47.4%)
No - 10 (52.6%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28
Is Roger D Craig's Unmolested Testimony Reliabe?  (Read 7289 times)

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks everyone for the debate on the Mauser.  I would like to say once more that the word Mauser is only used on one occasion in Craig's book and that is to describe how Weitzman identified it.  To my knowledge Craig never said that he himself identified the rifle as a Mauser and Fritz accepted Weitzman's identification of the rifle for what that's worth....next to nothing I would say.  Also I have never seen it written anywhere that Craig said it was a 7.65 Mauser except quoting Weitzman who Craig assumed had a better knowledge of rifle manufacturers.

Also the testimony about people at the TSBD windows was recalled by Craig from a few minutes with witnesses to that fact after the shooting before he handed the witnesses over to Lummy.  Craig did not witness these figures himself so any descriptions are just recalled from the original witnesses before he handed them over.  Therefore you cannot pick apart those witness comments and blame this on Craig!!

Could I ask that we all read my original post and consider all the other changes to Craig's testimony made by Belin and now use the vote buttons to signify whether we think Craig's testimony is reliable in the period 1963 / 64?

Thanks again for all your input but can we consider the other points on the OP as there are some really significant things that Craig witnessed.

Hi Lee, I detect a sincere effort on your part to learn the facts in this case.....  And I applaud your efforts.

In Regard to Roger Craig.......

There's no doubt that Craig needed to be "dealt with"....  The conspirators needed to discredit him or otherwise deal with him.  (they still do)

Craig simply knew too much and he talked too much, and that worried them.    I believe that Craig did see Lee Oswald get into the Rambler. His account is too rich in detail for him to have invented it, and his story is corroborated by other independent witnesses.   But his account of seeing a mauser is a real mystery for me.    My guess is he was talking to Weitzman AFTER  Weitzman had been given a Mauser to examine and describe. This happened in the TSBD when the conspirators were creating false photos of the "crime scene" ( which was not a crime cene at all)
   Weitzman thought the mauser was the same rifle that he had seen down in the dark recess beneath the stacked boxes  and told Craig that he had actually handled the rifle and it was a mauser.  Craig simply trusted Weitzman and embellished what Weitzman had told him s if he ( Craig) had actually seen the mauser up close also.

-------------------------
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:57:16 PM by Walt Cakebread »

ReplyReply

"The human mind is our fundamental resource." JFK

What we know for sure: 1. The Alyea film shows only one rifle, the Carcanno. 2. There is a lot of photos taken inside and outside the building, including one film outside. 3. Nobody, neither the press people, nor the deputy sheriffs, the traffic officers, patrolmen, the detectives or Tax, Alcohol, and Tobacco officers remember or reported 2 rifles. 3. There is zero photo or film of a Mauser.

We also know for sure that we have people saying 2 rifles were found at the exact same spot and that the police destroyed the photos that they took of the Mauser.  051bye

According to a recent news article, about the still living Alyea, the majority of his footage was tossed out.

JFK assassination: Cameraman followed police as they searched for sniper

~snip~

"But Alyea was shocked by police reports — some written by officers who he said weren't even there — that failed to mention how the crime scene was treated in the early, hectic phase of the case.

"The lies," Alyea said. "The lies bother me. The historical record is not accurate."

To set the facts straight, Alyea has written a five-chapter manuscript, complete with never-before-seen photos from inside the Book Depository. But it remains unpublished.

Making it impossible to corroborate parts of his account, much of the footage Alyea took that day was left on the cutting room floor and apparently thrown away, its significance not appreciated at the time."

~snip~

T

ReplyReply

According to a recent news article, about the still living Alyea, the majority of his footage was tossed out.

JFK assassination: Cameraman followed police as they searched for sniper

~snip~

"But Alyea was shocked by police reports some written by officers who he said weren't even there that failed to mention how the crime scene was treated in the early, hectic phase of the case.

"The lies," Alyea said. "The lies bother me. The historical record is not accurate."

To set the facts straight, Alyea has written a five-chapter manuscript, complete with never-before-seen photos from inside the Book Depository. But it remains unpublished.

Making it impossible to corroborate parts of his account, much of the footage Alyea took that day was left on the cutting room floor and apparently thrown away, its significance not appreciated at the time."

~snip~

I trust Alyea's film......I don't have the same trust in Alyea

ReplyReply

Nobody was afraid of Craig. He committed suicide. If you have inside info that he was erased, please call the Dallas Police Department! 051bye

ReplyReply

Hi Lee, I detect a sincere effort on your part to learn the facts in this case.....  And I applaud your efforts.

Craig simply knew too much and he talked too much, and that worried them.  

Craig did not know too much. He lied too much. Stop making stuff up!

ReplyReply

Craig did not know too much. He lied too much. Stop making stuff up!

Oh my goodness, Denis..... You have changed so much since last w met..... believe the last time we met you thought that Mr Craig was merely confused......

Now it seems you think he was liar.

ReplyReply

I don't remember I said Craig was confused... I did say that Weitzman was. I've been saying for years that Craig was a liar.

ReplyReply

"The human mind is our fundamental resource." JFK

I trust Alyea's film......I don't have the same trust in Alyea

That's how I felt, or at least I thought Alyea was embellishing his story, which he probably is to a certain extant.

But now with 2 different accounts of his footage, one from Gary "larry dunkle" Mack saying all but 20 seconds of

the footage survived, and another stating that the majority of the footage was tossed, it leaves open the possibility

that critical information could have been discarded.

ReplyReply
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963

JFK Assassination Photographs Gallery

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963