JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeThe Robin Unger JFK Assassination GalleryYoutube JFK Assassination Video ChannelSearchNotepadLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2017, 01:33:12 PM
News: Posts and threads containing swear words, personal insults or crudities, content considered by Admin to be spamming, when reported or observed, may be edited or deleted.
The perpetrator of any offense may receive a posting suspension of a period to be determined by Admin in relation to the considered severity of the offense.
Questions relating to deletions or edits will not be answered by Admin via any communication method here or elsewhere.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 119
+++Can Anyone Refute These 43 Facts?+++  (Read 32492 times)

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Who posted this?

Remember this... 

Memo from Nicholas deB. Katzenbach, Deputy Attorney General
November 25, 1963
MEMORANDUM FOR MR. MOYERS

It is important that all of the facts surrounding President Kennedy's Assassination be made public in a way which will satisfy people in the United States and abroad that all the facts have been told and that a statement to this effect be made now.

1. The public must be satisfied that Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial.

Yes... I remember.... that's part of the Katzenback memo. Now where does it say what Hoover told Katzenbach to do?

I really don't understand where you get the idea from that Hoover could/would tell Katzenbach anything...

-------------------------

ReplyReply

Yes... I remember.... that's part of the Katzenback memo. Now where does it say what Hoover told Katzenbach to do?

I really don't understand where you get the idea from that Hoover could/would tell Katzenbach anything...

He made it up.

ReplyReply

Do you think that Katzenbach would have written any memo that Hoover desired  if that request was sent through LBJ who was in complete accord with Hoover.

ReplyReply

Just a quick bump so that James Hess does not forget to counter John's reply to his OP.

So, you've already conceded that these are not all actually "facts".  Yes, these can all be refuted.

Persuasive to you perhaps.

"Oswald’s Mannlicher Carcano" is something that needs to be demonstrated, not just claimed.

These aren't evidence against Oswald.

Brennan didn't actually see any shots fired.  His original description of the person he saw in the building did not match Oswald's height, weight, age, or clothing.  He failed to identify Oswald at a police lineup even though he had already seen Oswald on TV before the lineup.

Correction:  a partial palm print that arrived at the FBI a week later on an index card was identified as being Oswald's

See #1

He worked there getting books out of boxes.

A brown bag that has no demonstrated connection to a rifle or to the crime, which was not photographed in situ or even seen by the first 5 officers on the scene.

No evidence that CE399, CE567, or CE569 killed anyone or even went through a body.

"Proven" by handwriting "analysis" of photocopy of a microfilm copy of an order coupon with 40 non-unique characters written in block text.  Analysis which is unscientific, had no recognized or proven standards or controls, and was subjective and full of bias.

Unproven.

Unproven.

Uncorroborated say-so of McDonald.

Unproven, and irrelevant.

Based on the analysis of 1 bullet slug by Joseph Nicol, who 8 ballistics experts from the WC and HSCA disagreed with.  Linked to a weapon that had no chain of custody until it was turned in as evidence 2 hours after Oswald was taken out of the theater.

Only one witness known to be at the scene allegedly saw Oswald shoot Tippit, and she had to be asked 6 times in her testimony if she recognized anybody in the lineup.

Only a lie if you can prove that he did.

"Effectively"?  What does that even mean?

Not evidence of any crime.  There's not even any evidence that the 2 foot long (give or take a few inches) bag made out of flimsy paper was ever recovered.

"Witness testimony (whoever it is) should be corroborated by the physical evidence or even other witness testimony is helpful." -- James Hess

"what a witness did not see or hear is not evidence." - James Hess

I agree, DOES THIS MATTER?  And you know that this is false how?

False.  They were "similar", not proven to be from the blanket.

You can't even prove that the C2766 Mannlicher Carcano rifle was ever in the Paine garage.

False.  They were "similar", not proven to be from the same shirt.

So were at least 18 other people.

Not sure how that tells you who did the shooting.

Not evidence of any crime.  Not even sure what basis you have to call this an "escape".

False.  Nobody told him he was under arrest.  There were no grounds to arrest him (or even search him) when he was confronted.

Restatement of #13.  False, anyway.  McDonald claimed that Oswald "went for" a revolver and he grabbed Oswald's hand before the revolver came out.

Correction:  you don't like his explanation.  You can't even prove this ID was "found on him at arrest".

And you know this is a lie, how?

Not sure what this even means.  But:

"Witness testimony (whoever it is) should be corroborated by the physical evidence or even other witness testimony is helpful." -- James Hess

Lots of people were seen on the 6F around noon.  How does that demonstrate who was on the 6F at 12:30?  Givens initially told the FBI that he saw Oswald reading a newspaper in the Domino room at 11:50 am.  He didn't come up with the going back for his cigarettes story until April 1964, after Lt. Jack Revill reported that Givens "had been previously handled by the Special Services Bureau on a marijuana charge and he believes that Givens would change his story for money.”

This is just a rephrasing of #1.  That's one way to make it look like you have more evidence.

Your evidence that Oswald perceived Kennedy to be anti-Cuba?

Not evidence of any crime.

A restatement of #20

That would apply to at least 50 other people, IF shots actually rang out from that building.

Restatement of #29

Unproven

Restatement of #5a

Same goes for Dougherty, West, Hine, Piper, and Wilson.

Unproven.

Restatement of #26

So far the only response from Hess was;

John,
Thank you for addressing the OP point by point.
That is how this should be done.
 thumbs1xx

which is clearly not how this should be done.....

But in fairness to Hess, before his brief "departure" he promised (in a now - thanks to Hess himself - deleted post) that he would in fact reply in the future.

So, I propose we keep this thread alive and stop it from fading in the background until Hess does indeed reply.

ReplyReply

Do you think that Katzenbach would have written any memo that Hoover desired  if that request was sent through LBJ who was in complete accord with Hoover.

I don't know, but let's for argument's sake say that the answer to that question is "yes".

How does that show us that Hoover, either directly or through LBJ, did in fact tell Katzenbach what to do?

ReplyReply

This might explain interaction between the two on the memo:

There may be no other document that makes it more clear that there was no interest in a true investigation by the highest federal authorities and it was issued just days after the assassination. A memo prepared by Walter Jenkins reflects his conversation with J. Edgar Hoover where Hoover makes this telling statement:

"The thing I am most concerned about, and Mr. Katzenbach, is having something issued so that they can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin."

This conversation occured on November 24, 1963, one day prior to Katzenbach's memo below. Meanwhile, Hoover himself wrote a glaring similar memo on the same day that reads:

"The thing I am most concerned about, and SO IS Mr. Katzenbach, is having something issued so that WE can convince the pubic that Oswald is the real assassin." (HSCA, vol 3, pp 471-473. This memo was apparently prepared by Hoover at 4 pm.)

A third memo written by the FBI's Courtney Evans on November 26th mentions that Hoover himself drafted the Katzenbach memo. (North, "Act of Treason")

Thanks Steve.

I am aware of those documents and they do indeed show that Hoover and Katzenbach shared the same concern about having something issued to convince the public that Oswald was the assassin. I have no problem accepting that there must have been interaction between Hoover and Katzenbach on this highly questionable point, but I do not see how it shows that Hoover told Katzenbach what to do.

ReplyReply

I don't know, but let's for argument's sake say that the answer to that question is "yes".

How does that show us that Hoover, either directly or through LBJ, did in fact tell Katzenbach what to do?

Perhaps my choice of words isn't the best......

I know that there was a recorded telephone conversation between Hoover And Johnson in which such a memo was discussed prior to Katzenbach writing the memo.

I'm sure that you are aware of the recorded conversation.      I   ASSUME   that this conversation was the basis for the memo......Don't you think that's a fair assumption?

ReplyReply

Perhaps my choice of words isn't the best......

I know that there was a recorded telephone conversation between Hoover And Johnson in which such a memo was discussed prior to Katzenbach writing the memo.

I'm sure that you are aware of the recorded conversation.      I   ASSUME   that this conversation was the basis for the memo......Don't you think that's a fair assumption?

thumbs1xx

I think it is an absolute fair assumption to say that Hoover, LBJ and Katzenbach all had the same intention and that communication between them was the basis for the memos. 

But it was indeed a poor choice of words to say that Hoover told Katzenbach what to do. The irony is of course that he may well have done, but there is just no evidence for it.

ReplyReply
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 119

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963

JFK Assassination Photographs Gallery

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963