JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeThe Robin Unger JFK Assassination GalleryYoutube JFK Assassination Video ChannelSearchNotepadLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2017, 08:57:29 AM
News: Posts and threads containing swear words, personal insults or crudities, content considered by Admin to be spamming, when reported or observed, may be edited or deleted.
The perpetrator of any offense may receive a posting suspension of a period to be determined by Admin in relation to the considered severity of the offense.
Questions relating to deletions or edits will not be answered by Admin via any communication method here or elsewhere.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97
Oswalds Rapid Fire Training Distance  (Read 32510 times)

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. <a href="http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=register">Register</a>&nbsp;or&nbsp;<a href="http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=login">Login</a>

Without a scope!

-------------------------
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 11:54:21 AM by James Hess »

ReplyReply

I am seeking corrections if I have something wrong in these estimated distances.

ReplyReply

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. <a href="http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=register">Register</a>&nbsp;or&nbsp;<a href="http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=login">Login</a>

ReplyReply

The distances Oswald likely fired at were 43 yards (z152), 63 yards (z222) and 88 yards (z312).

And, I assume that you would know that Oswald, like all Marines, was trained and evaluated at distances of 200, 300 and 500 yards.

And Oswald, like all Marine recruits, used the iron sights, not a scope.

And that Oswald passed his shooting tests twice, in 1956 and 1959, without failing either test and did not need a do over.

In his 1956 tests he hit a human size target 200 yards away 48 out of 50 times and 49 out of 50 times.

And that 1956, he was so pleased with his shooting skills, that he sent his Marine score recordings to his mother for safe keeping, which she still had years later.

ReplyReply

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The distances Oswald likely fired at were 43 yards (z152), 63 yards (z222) and 88 yards (z312).

And, I assume that you would know that Oswald, like all Marines, was trained and evaluated at distances of 200, 300 and 500 yards.

And that Oswald passed his shooting tests twice, in 1956 and 1959, without failing either test and did not need a do over.

In his 1956 tests he hit a human size target 200 yards away 48 out of 50 times and 49 out of 50 times.

And that 1956, he was so pleased with his shooting skills, that he sent his Marine score recordings to his mother for safe keeping, which she still had years later.

Thank you for those additional details ...Joe.
I am assuming (so far) the board accepts the shots were not that hard because there has been no pushback as yet on this thread
 thumbs1xx

ReplyReply

Oswald also was trained in the indispensable requirement of zeroing a re-assembled rifle.  Understand his Marine Corps Score Book and you learn that they sometimes re-zeroed after each shot.

Oswald had eight months to practice using the scope.  With an undamaged re-zeroed scope that turns an 88-yard shot into a 22-yard shot, why use the iron sights?

ReplyReply

While use of the Scope or Iron sights is certainly of value and endlessly fascinating

in the last analysis it doesn't matter much compared to the relative ease of the shots compared to his training.
(as shown clearly above)

ReplyReply

Thank you for those additional details ...Joe.
I am assuming (so far) the board accepts the shots were not that hard because there has been no pushback as yet on this thread
 thumbs1xx

Wrong assumption ... not relevant unless you have evidence that Oswald was on the 6th floor @12.30.

What have you got?

ReplyReply
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963

JFK Assassination Photographs Gallery

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963