How many files, documents and other pieces of evidence relevant to the JFK assassination have been misplaced, lost or destroyed?
It would be nice to have a list of such missing items.
Who was responsible for those items, who or what obscured them?The temple of Bel, 'ruined' by time over centuries, destroyed completely by tyrants on the last day of August 2015.
According to some experts this was because there should be no evidence of any reality beyond ISIL's world view.
List of missing items mentioned in this thread so far
(in order of appearance, list will be updated regularly, AJH.)
1. Robert Croft's fourth photo: FBI claims the camera malfunctioned, came back as a blank.
2. In January 1995, the Secret Service destroyed presidential protection survey reports for some of President Kennedy's trips in the fall of 1963.
3. The tape of Lee Harvey Oswald calling the Soviet embassy in Mexico City.
4. John F. Kennedy's brain.
5. “Unidentified kid”'s pictures. Patrolman Stavis Ellis reported that a kid was taking pictures all the way from Love Field to Parkland. He added that an SS agent at Parkland took away his film, exposed it to light, and kicked it off.
6. The note / letter delivered by Lee Oswald to FBI-agent James Hosty. Gordon Shanklin ordered it's destruction two days after Oswald's death.
7. The pointy nosed bullet found by Darrel Tomlinson on a stretcher at Parkland.
8. The intact version of the surveillance photo of Edward Walker's residence.
9. The trajectory of the bullet(s) going through Kennedy. Why wasn't the backwound properly probed? Why wasn't the neck dissected?
10. Oswald's CIA files prior to December 1960.
11. The negatives of two of the three Backyard Photo's, namely 133A and 133C.
12. The part of the Lopez Report concerning Oswald and the CIA.
13. The original air force one tape, a recording of radio communications to and from Air Force One on November 22, 1963
14. The files of William King Harvey
15. David Atlee Phillips’s operational files
16. The files of Anne Goodpasture
17. Files on the interrogation of Yuri Nosenko
18. Howard Hunt’s operational files
19. The files of David Sanchez Morales
20. The files of George Joannides
21. The full CIA Inspector General's Survey Report for 1964
22. Lee Oswald's W-2s
23. The tissue slides of the wound margins prepared after the autopsy of President Kennedy
24. Jar containing two bullet fragments from Kennedy's brain.
25. The file cabinet mentioned by Buddy Walthers containing, “records that appeared to be names and activities of Cuban sympathizers”.
26. The lunch bag and soda bottle from 6.th floor that got destroyed by DPD.
27. The handwritten draft of Oswald's 'comrade Kostin' letter to the Soviet Embassy.
28. The surveillance photographs of Lee Harvey Oswald in Mexico.
29. Camera original of the Nix film.
30. The missing Mexico City transcript.
31. The "Pitzer Film".
32. The photographs of Kennedy's brain by John Thomas Stringer.
33. Several frames from the Towner film. (Corresponding frames from the Hughes film are damaged.)
34. The autopsy notes of Commander James J. Humes.
35. The first draft of the autopsy rapport by commander James J. Humes.
36. Photo's remembered by Dr Boswell that went missing before the 1966 inventory.
37. Dr. Pierre Finck's handwritten notes taken during the autopsy.
38. Another version of the autopsy report predating the report in the National Archives.
39. The casket that had been used to transfer JFK’s body from Dallas to Washington.
40. The Harper Fragment
41. Missing logs and production from the photobase LILYRIC (RE: Missing Mexico City Surveillance photo's)
42. Lee Harvey Oswald's army intelligence file.
43. Dorothy Kilgallen's folder of JFK-assassination files.
44. Henry McCluskey's letter to the Warren Committee.
45. 7.65 shell found in Dealey Plaza on 12/02/63, "determined of no value and destroyed".
46. Photo of (nearly whole) bullet allegedly removed from President Kennedy's body.
47. George de Mohrenschildt's CIA affiliate personnel file. Destroyed in November 1964.
48. Mary Moorman Photograph #4
49. Norman Similas' negatives presented to Toronto Telegram.
50. The original and complete Alyea Film
51. Marvin Wise's handwritten note with the id's of two of the three arrested tramps.
52. Large skull fragment from limo.
53. Texas Department of Public Safety records Intelligence file on Oswald (RE: Military Intelligence file on Oswald, RE: Mexico City-tapes and photographs)
54. Photographs and notes taken by James W. Powell.
55. Wallet found at site of Tippit shooting.
56. Three rolls of film (210 photographs) containing items from Oswald's possessions.
57. Five bullet fragments from Connally's wounds.
58. Wallet belonging to Oswald returned to Marina Oswald by the Secret Service.
59. Original TV broadcasts and press conferences from the Dallas doctors describing the president's wounds.
60. Records of the 18 September 1964 Warren Commission meeting.
61. Buell Wesley Frazier's polygraph-results (“The phantom polygraph”)
62. The emergency codebook on SAM 86972, the Tokyo flight
63. Emergency codebooks on Strategic Air Command bombers on 22-11-1963.
64. Salinger's copy of transcript of Air Force One radio communications
65. One pink pillbox hat
66. Joint Chiefs of Staff Message 3675.
67. Sales records for Mannlicher Carcano Rifle-C2766.
68. Over 39,000 files from James Jesus Angleton's secret collection.
69. E. Howard Hunt's private (Kennedy) documents
70. A copy of the Mexico City tape, allegedly featuring Oswald's voice, from Win Scott's safe.
71. Copies of surveillance photographs, alledgedly showing Oswald, from Win Scott's safe.
72. Four chapters from the manuscript of Win Scott's autobiography
73. 14 minute audio recording of Hoover – LBJ phonecall on 23-11-1963
74. The original bullet fragment retrieved from the scene of the Walker shooting
75. Adele Edisen's original 1963 FBI testimony
76. Hoovers private, sensitive files on Lyndon Johnson
77. Missing autopsy photograph: The 'Probes' Photo
78. United States Marine Corps Special Investigations Team report on Oswald in San Diego and Japan
79. Office of Naval Intelligence files on Oswald
80. The interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald
81. Six or seven pre-autopsy color slides of pre-autopsy post mortem images of the president
82. Four or five black and white prints of pre-autopsy post mortem images of the president
83. “The original windshield”
84. Records of "the Chicago Plot"
85. JFK White House tape recordings post November 8, 1963
86. Henry Earl Palmers registration book with the signature of Lee H. Oswald
87. National Security Action Memo approving "Project Four Leaves"
88. CIA documents related to the CIA study of the Valkyrie plot that was to be used against Castro, as mentioned in the Higgins Memo
89. Bullet slug (or piece of skull) picked up by (unidentified) agent in Dealey Plaza
90. Forrest Sorrels' notebook
91. Arnold Rowland's signed statements of November 26th , 29th , December 1st and 3rd or 4th
92. One TSDP sixth floor hammer
93. Sandra Styles' FBI interview
94. Record of testimony Dorothy Garner
95. Pennsylvanian piece of paper connecting Oswald, Ruby
96. Miscellaneous materials in private collections (part one: Francis Adams)
97. Jim Hood photograph
98. One piece of scalp
99. FBI report on Hardee incident
100. Agent Quigley's interrogation notes
101. Vial containing part of JFK brain
102. Five or six entire file cabinets of Secret Service JFK assassination related material
103. The license number of the getaway car reported by Tom Tilson
104. "Numerous depositions before the Church Committee"
105. Church Committee’s interviews with CIA officials about “JM/WAVE"
106. Small snapshot showing Oswald and company in Clinton, Louisiana
107. "FBI telex of November 17, 1963"
108. Contact / debriefing rapport on U.S. defector who had lived in Minsk
109. Guy Banister's FPCC-file on Oswald's activities
110. The written record of Sergeant Patrick Dean's polygraph test
111. Bullet fragment from the floor of the limousine
112. Bullet particles from the limousine's windshield
113. Dallas curbing sample
114. Medical notes of Dr. Mikhailina
115. CAP squadron records of Captain Dave Ferrie's Patrol
116. Hardway memo on Bill Harvey
117. One suspicious diagram of Dealey Plaza
118. "The Bomb"
119. FBI's Pena files
120. One CIA "Y"-file on Clay Shaw
121. FBI New Orleans office's 105 files on Oswald
122. FBI New Orleans office's 134 files on Oswald
123. "Lee Oswald" & "Warren de Brueys" security file
124. One page from Oswald's address book
125. The Mike Howard tapes
126. "Ferrie's library card" or Oswald's New Orleans library card
127. Oswald's Defense Department identity card
128. One Skaggs-slide (Miscellaneous materials in private collections, part two)
129. FBI '137' files and Number TK files containing underlying info Peck & Crawford memo's
130. Copies of documents obtained from the New York authorities relating to LHO and his family history
131. "119 (after-action) reports” regarding Oswald
132. One ten page encoded teletype
133. NSA copies of CIA Mexico City files concerning "Oswald" visit
134. FBI radio log for 11/22/63
135. Informant files for the Marina Oswald wiretap
136. Unencoded 1963 Cuban operational files
137. Allen Dulles's unredacted 1963 calendar
138. One list of Texas Theater patrons
139. Weisberg's taped interview with Jones Printing Co. employees
140. SA Robert Frazier's custody cards and notes detailing the deliverance of "The Magic Bullet" CE399
141. Audio / video of Malcolm Perry press conference
142. CIA cables concerning Oswald in the Cuban embassy
143. The 22-11-63 Stemmons Freeway Sign
144. Tippit's clipboard
145. Notes and materials of Joachim Joesten ( Miscellaneous materials in private collections, part 3)
146. One Coke bottle
147. Francis O'Neill's contemporaneous autopsy notes
148. Miscellaneous materials in private collections, part 4: Captain Michael D. Groves' mementos
149. G. Wray Gill's November 1963 office phone bill
150. Records of the threat against Kennedy in Tampa Bay
151. CIA files on William Gaudet
152. 24-11-1963 statement of Sergeant Don Flusche
153. The original birth certificate of Lee Harvey Oswald
154. Complete record of hearings of the fourth floor witnesses
155. Remaining pages of Community Service Society Rapport on Oswald
156. FBI rapports relating to Ruth and Michael Paine
157. FBI recordings of Ruth Paine wiretap
158. FBI rapports relating to George and Jeanne de Mohrenschildt
159. One movie of Cuban exile training camp
160. 168 passages from "The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence"
161. Background on Thomas Arthur Vallee’s licence plate
162. Oswald's original NY school records
163. Oswald's original NY court records
164. Oswald's original NY psychiatric records
165. "History of the Counterintelligence Staff 1954–1974"
166. Frank Sturgis’ 4-4-75 Rockefeller Commission testimony
167. Rockefeller Commission interview with Judd McIlvain
168. Marguerite Oswald’s IRS returns
169. Oswald's original Beauregard School Records
170. The original Wiegman film
171. The original Darnell film
172. The original Couch film
173. Tax returns for mystery Smith couple
174. The original Daniël film
175. Dealey Plaza sequence of Craven film
176. Rockefeller Commission Tape of conversation with McGeorge Bundy
177. Tape of interview with Robert McNamara and General Maxwell Taylor
178. Two photographs by Carolyn Klein (?)
179. Parts of the testimony of James Martin
180. Tapes of Rockefeller Commission interview with Will Wilson
181. Tape of Rockefeller Commission interview with William piffle. Harvey
182. 123-page CIA file on William King Harvey's Operations
183. The complete Albert Schweitzer College file on Oswald
184. One out of place library card
185. Oswald's (unobliterated) Defense Department identity card
186. Tape of interview of Colonel Sheffield Edwards
187. Jim MacCammon Dealey Plaza photos
188. 25-11-1963 FBI interview with Myra DaRouse
189. The personal notes of Clint Hill
190. Two Houston street photos
191. “Bob Jackson’s Houston Street Picture”
192. Rental records of 126 Exchange Place New Orléans
193. Oswald's Stripling School Records
194. "One Jim McCammon arrest photo"
195. Original payroll records of Lee Harvey Oswald’s employment at Pfisterer Dental Lab
196. The photographs taken by congressman Henry González
197. “Dozens of Tujague Company payroll checks”
198. Julio Fernandez' photographs and tape recordings of Lee Harvey Oswald
199. “Knoll shooter” crime scene photographs & possible physical evidence
200. JFK autopsy face sheets
201. Six page 22-11-1963 longhand letter containing testimony of Victoria Adams
202. One barrel swab
203. Evidence Oswald bought ammunition for his MC
204. Evidence Oswald practised with his MC
205. All of the W.C. stenographic tapes made on April 7, 1964
206. "One US Customs authentication file"
207. Documents relating to LHO’s employment at J.piffle. Michaels
208. Work permits for underage Lee Harvey Oswald
209. Records relating to 1970 assault on Hale Boggs
210. Blakey notes from informant files
211. Records of Reeves Morgan Phonecall to FBI
212. Lee Harvey Oswald's Louisiana State Hospital application
213. “Oswald’s” knife and bar slip signed ‘Hidell’
214. "The journal of Roscoe White"
215. Preparation materials and the memorandum on Dan Hardway's interview with David Atlee Phillips
216. (CIA Vaughn Index) Document number 1199978, an 8/17/1978 HSCA Memo for the Record ‘Reinvestigation of Third Party’.
217. (CIA Vaughn Index) Document number 1161490, George Joannides 9/20/1978 Fitness Report
218. (CIA Vaughn Index) Document number 1153249, Form Discussing Intelligence Methods re Joannides
219. (CIA Vaughn Index) Document number 1161488, another (undated) George Joannides Fitness Report
220. (CIA Vaughn Index) Document number 1153248, another (undated) Form Discussing Intelligence Methods re Joannides
221. “The bulk material in one diplomatic pouch”
222. The sworn (HSCA) testimony of Orest Pena
223. CIA op files on Richard Snyder
224. Documentation of the AM/LASH plot
225. David Ferrie's original statements to the FBI
226. The missing content from Oswald's 201 file
227. CIA file Boris Tarasoff – official personnel file
228. Some 15 HSCA tapes of interviews with Boris and Anna Tarasoff
229. CIA file on Ross Lester Crozier
230. CIA file on James Walton Moore
231. 08/09/1978 HSCA deposition of David E. Murphy
232. Governor Connally’s bloody suit
233. "The AJ Hidell warning letter"
234. CIA OP files on B. N. Hidalgo
235. “transcript of inter-vehicle radio channel”
236. “The Ruby message note”
237. Presidential limousine SX-100
238. “The military records of Knoll Shooter John Christian”
239. The O'Reilly-slug
240. Arrest records compiled for the Warren Commission
241. "The DePugh sabot"
242. The Kinsley bullet
243. The identity of “279”
244. One pregnant witness
245. The Rotterdam American Express Folder on the Oswalds
246. The Oswald exhumation videotape
247. Stenographic notes and tapes of James C. Cadigan’s deposition
248. Box of documents linking Oswald, Ruby, Castro
249. A bunch of Texas, Nevada, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Boston, New York, Washington, Miami, and New Orleans Phone Records
250. Part three of postal form 1039
251. Spectrographic test results of (magic) bullet fragments
252. The bullet fragments from John Connally’s wrist
253. Frank Sturgis' 75.000 page FBI file
254. The Kassab Report
255. Blood samples and spinal fluid from Ferrie autopsy
256. Diary and related papers of Mary Meyer
257. Philip Buchen’s 15 page report on CIA’s clandestine anti-castro activities
258. Prepared testimony of mr. Tennent H. Bagley
259. Sergio Arcacha Smith’s map of Dealey Plaza sewer system
260. Richard C. Nagell’s registered letter to J. Edgar Hoover
261. Richard C. Nagell’s letter to James Rowley
262. FBI reports (allegedly) mentioning Rosselli / Ruby meeting
263. Most items found in Richard C. Nagell's trunk after his arrest in September 1963
264. Property report & first page of FBI report concerning items belonging to Richard Case Nagell
265. Photograph of Oswald & Nagell in New Orleans
266. Tape recording featuring Nagell, Oswald, "Angel" and "Leopoldo"
267. FBI SA Todd's initials on CE399
268. November 1962 strip sheets of Lynn D. Curry
269. Court Records (and two back-up films) of U.S. vs Landesberg
270. The identity of the policeman who told Will Fritz that Oswald lived on Beckley St.
271. The names, addresses and telephone numbers of persons in automobiles in the parking lots around the Texas School Book Depository, and the licenses numbers of unoccupied automobiles in those parking lots taken later in the afternoon
272. The rent receipts for any place Oswald lived on his own in 1962 and 1963
273. “JFK details from Murder One”
274. CIA/JCS study of Valkyrie Plot
275. Files indicating that Oswald had training in the Russian language
276. The Marina Oswald Tapes
277. The source of the 12.45 suspect description
278. Another 'ghost' source
279. The KGB Tapes
280. National Photo Interpretation Center (NPIC) records related to the assassination
281. NPIC official history (including passage about Zapruder film at NPIC)
282. The PATHFINDER Files
283. Walker Reports from the Dallas City/County Investigation Laboratory
284. “Mrs. Beck's 16mm color film”
285. The original data used for the Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA) of the ballistics evidence
286. Counter Intelligence Operation involving Priscilla Johnson
287. The recipient of pouch 234
288. Another ghost source (2)
289. “The Gordon Arnold film”
290. The photograph & identity of Jack Harrison’s Babushka Lady
291. The identity and photographs of the “Babushka Lady”
292. Beverly Oliver's Super 8 Yashica color movie of the assassination
293. “The Ralph Simpson movie”
294. Records of 22 January 1964 meeting WC
295. A study of Babushka's feet
296. Beverly's Babushka camera
297. Document concerning Regis Kennedy