JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeThe Robin Unger JFK Assassination GalleryYoutube JFK Assassination Video ChannelSearchNotepadLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 06:22:12 AM
News: Posts and threads containing swear words, personal insults or crudities, content considered by Admin to be spamming, when reported or observed, may be edited or deleted.
The perpetrator of any offense may receive a posting suspension of a period to be determined by Admin in relation to the considered severity of the offense.
Questions relating to deletions or edits will not be answered by Admin via any communication method here or elsewhere.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34
A "mauser" by any other name...  (Read 16955 times)

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry. I can't see how the Fritz statement is calling the caliber out loud by reading the shell.

Mr. BALL - There is one question. Did you hear anybody refer to this rifle as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE - Yes, I did. And at first, not knowing what it was, I thought it was 7.65 Mauser.
Mr. BALL - Who referred to it as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE - I believe Captain Fritz. He had knelt down there to look at it, and before he removed it, not knowing what it was, he said that is what it looks like. This is when Lieutenant Day, I believe his name is, the ID man was getting ready to photograph it.
We were just discussing it back and forth. And he said it looks like a 7.65 Mauser.

(Note: Walt thinks Boone was referring to Day with
     "Fritz", and referring to Studebaker with "Day".)

They're standing around speculating about the rifle, not reading off a shell or rifle marking ("discussing it back and forth"). I don't think Day and Fritz were going to review the details they were to find out with Boone and Weitzman, who left some time after the shell was ejected. In hindsight, Fritz should have told them not to discuss or write down anything speculative when he saw them leaving.

Wetzman is there

Mr. BALL - In this statement, it says Captain Fritz took charge of the rifle and ejected one live round from the chamber.
Mr. WEITZMAN - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - He did eject one live round?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Yes, sir; he did eject one live round, one live round, yes, sir. You said remove anything from the rifle; I was not considering that a shell.

-------------------------
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:24:37 AM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

If you don't know the gun make the first thing you will look for is the caliber

ReplyReply

I don't need to know anything, other than that the Carcano resembled the Mauser close enough to easily have been mistaken for same.. according to experts. Go ahead and ignore that.

There are many different models of 7.65mm Mausers, and they are all quite distinct, and some don't really look that much like a Carcano. How do you know which model of 7.65mm Mauser they were thinking of?

ReplyReply

I grew up with the same kind of good ol' boys as were examining the rifle with Fritz that day. The first thing they would have done, after opening the bolt to make sure it wasn't loaded (just like Fritz did), is to check the receiver for make, model and calibre.

Don't ask why they do it, it's just a redneck thing, like establishing the year, make and model of a car or pickup they are looking at. These guys take this seriously, and I don't believe more than a minute would have passed, following the discovery of C2766, before they all would have known it was a 6.5mm calibre rifle made in Italy.

Not a lot of Mausers made in Italy. I agree with Michael, there was definitely something fishy going on there.

ReplyReply

I don't need to know anything, other than that the Carcano resembled the Mauser close enough to easily have been mistaken for same.. according to experts. Go ahead and ignore that.

It's that damn 7.65 you have no reasonable explanation for

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:42:35 AM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

It's that damn 7.65 you have no reasonable explanation for

It's been explained. You won't accept it.

Boone said they were just "discussing it back and forth". And Weitzman said the whole Mauser thing was "at a glance".

ReplyReply

It's been explained. You won't accept it.

Boone said they were just "discussing it back and forth". And Weitzman said the whole Mauser thing was "at a glance".

..and then they wrote it down
(up to 3 days later)
                            rofl3

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:02:43 PM by Michael Capasse »

ReplyReply

I grew up with the same kind of good ol' boys as were examining the rifle with Fritz that day. The first thing they would have done, after opening the bolt to make sure it wasn't loaded (just like Fritz did), is to check the receiver for make, model and calibre.

Don't ask why they do it, it's just a redneck thing, like establishing the year, make and model of a car or pickup they are looking at. These guys take this seriously, and I don't believe more than a minute would have passed, following the discovery of C2766, before they all would have known it was a 6.5mm calibre rifle made in Italy.

Not a lot of Mausers made in Italy. I agree with Michael, there was definitely something fishy going on there.

They didn't see the MADE ITALY stamp......because it was not in a normal location for rifle marking....

I agree that there was something fishy going on.....And I believe it's a simple matter of Fritz being told incorrectly that the designated Patsy owned a mauser....

Someone who had seen the Back Yard photo that they intended to use to frame the patsy assumed the rifle was a mauser and told Fritz that it was a mauser....

ReplyReply
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963

JFK Assassination Photographs Gallery

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963