JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate > JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate

Where Did Oswald Keep His Money ?

(1/1)

Howard Gee:
We all know Saint Patsy left his wedding ring and life savings behind the day he assassinated JFK and murdered JDT.

My question is, where did Saint Patsy keep his money ?

Was he carrying the money around with him all day at work on Thursday ?

He must have been, unless the money was hidden in the Paine residence.

Did he usually keep the money hidden in his room on Beckley ?

Or did he empty a bank account sometime before Thursday ?

Leaving virtually all his money behind (was it abt 170 bucks ?) and keeping only a few bucks for himself (about 10 bucks ?) was almost certainly a deliberate act.

When did he decide to leave the money behind ?

Of course, there are dolts that don't see any significance to their innocent hero leaving his money behind but there must have been some reason and planning to do so.'

John Iacoletti:
Probably in one of the 5 wallets that the WC claimed that he had.

But let's start at the beginning.  How do you know $170 was his "life savings"?

Steve M. Galbraith:

--- Quote from: Howard Gee on August 30, 2018, 08:28:34 PM ---We all know Saint Patsy left his wedding ring and life savings behind the day he assassinated JFK and murdered JDT.

My question is, where did Saint Patsy keep his money ?

Was he carrying the money around with him all day at work on Thursday ?

He must have been, unless the money was hidden in the Paine residence.

Did he usually keep the money hidden in his room on Beckley ?

Or did he empty a bank account sometime before Thursday ?

Leaving virtually all his money behind (was it abt 170 bucks ?) and keeping only a few bucks for himself (about 10 bucks ?) was almost certainly a deliberate act.

When did he decide to leave the money behind ?

Of course, there are dolts that don't see any significance to their innocent hero leaving his money behind but there must have been some reason and planning to do so.'

--- End quote ---

Marina testified that at the time of the assassination he had/used two wallets. His personal one that he used for himself and a second black one that he kept in the room at the Paines. Correction: She said there was a black wallet that he used to place some money. It's not clear whether it was her's - and he put money in it for her - or it was his.

He would place, she said, most of his money in the second one; essentially, it appears, using it as a bank or safe place.

From her WC testimony:
Mr. RANKIN. Did you usually keep a wallet with money in it at the Paines?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, in my room at Ruth Paine's there was a black wallet in a wardrobe. Whenever Lee would come he would put money in there, but I never counted it.

An argument can be made that he forgot to put the $170 in the black wallet for safe keeping.  That is, he was in a rush and just left it on the table.

That's not entirely implausible; but it ignores a lot of other evidence.

Howard Gee:

--- Quote from: Steve M. Galbraith on August 30, 2018, 09:09:08 PM ---Marina testified that at the time of the assassination he had/used two wallets. His personal one that he used for himself and a second black one that he kept in the room at the Paines.

He would place, she said, most of his money in the second one; essentially using it as a bank or safe place.

An argument can be made that he forgot to put the $170 in the black wallet for safe keeping.  That is, he was in a rush and just left it on the table.

That's not entirely implausible; but it ignores a lot of other evidence.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Steve.

Wasn't aware of the second wallet being used as a safe place.

So I guess he kept his money at the Paine residence.

Any record of bank accounts ?

Steve M. Galbraith:

--- Quote from: Howard Gee on August 30, 2018, 09:19:38 PM ---Thanks, Steve.

Wasn't aware of the second wallet being used as a safe place.

So I guess he kept his money at the Paine residence.

Any record of bank accounts ?

--- End quote ---

Howard: After reading Marina's account again it's not clear whether the wallet was his or Marina's and whether he put money in it for her to use or for his safe keeping.

She said she never counted it so I assume that it was his. Otherwise, wouldn't she count it to see how much she had to use?

As to a bank account: I'm not aware of one. The only mention of a bank (but not an account) I am aware of offhand is in his letter to Marina the night of the attempt on Walker.

He wrote (in Russian):
5. There may be some money from work. They will send it to our post office box. Go to the bank and they will cash it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version