Author Topic: Babushka Lady 24-11-1963 in Andre Leche footage?  (Read 29982 times)

Online Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
Babushka Lady 24-11-1963 in Andre Leche footage?
« on: January 21, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
I've been looking for photo's and films taken in and around Dealey Plaza in the days after the assassination. In the Andre Leche-film of the motorcade, at the end there is some footage shot on nov 24 (I think) showing people laying flowers on the grassy knoll. From about 46 to 50 seconds into the video, there's this lady standing under the Stemmons Freeway sign that looks like it could be the Babushka Lady. Ofcourse, two days later, she may have changed her headscarf and left her camera at home. But the scarf looks similar, so does her coat, her hight and posture and most importantly: no visible face
:smokexx:

Couldn't find a decent copy of the film on Youtube, this is a link about the discovery of the footage, including the video itself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487722/Never-seen-colour-footage-emerges-JFK-giving-thumbs-moments-shot-dead-motorcade.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:42:32 AM
by Arjan Hut
»

Offline Akis Papas

Re: Babushka Lady 24-11-1963 in Andre Leche footage?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:29:42 PM »
yes interesting, but scarf was very common of women at those decades.
I am not sure if we can say for sure that scarf was accesory of  older women mostly or a 18 yo girl could also wore one.
Maybe someone can make a phycological and physical profile of that woman, we have a dozens things to consider like size, height, speed movement, isolation from others.

A profile could be someting like that: a woman middle age, middle class living outside of Dallas, living alone, single or divorced or widow, democrat, with at least high school education,capable to handle a camera, above average iq............

Offline Gert Kuiper

• retro, et a sinistris
    • 'The Bells of St. Clements' on Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 06:06:28 AM »
Hoi Arjan,

Great observation you made there! I have to admit I initially thought
you were talking nonsense. Up to now I only saw the sequence that
was shot on 11/22. The person looks a lot like BL indeed. Then again
without a face it'll be hard to be sure and make a positive id...

Greetings from Gert

Online Robin Unger

• Robin Unger's  JFK Assassination Research Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:46:49 AM »
I think the chances that the Babushka lady would be back in Dealey Plaza two days after the assassination, and seen still wearing the same coat and scarf is remote.
to my eyes, this woman doesn't appear to be Babushka.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:59:29 AM
by Robin Unger
»

Online Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:37 AM »
I think the chances that the Babushka lady would be back in Dealey Plaza two days after the assassination, and seen still wearing the same coat and scarf is remote.

Well, my thought was that some witnesses might return, with friends or family, to share what happened and to mourn. I'll wear the same coat until I have to get a new one, but then, I'm not a lady.

If she did return, that might indicate that she was not a tourist, but lived in Dallas or near Dallas.

I do have an odd feeling that - just like the Skaggs photo's - her material will turn up within the next ten years.  Recalling the story related by Gary Mack about a women in her thirties turning up at the Kodak-office and her blurry picture ... she must have taken more pictures than the one when she stood behind Charles Brehm and his boy during the shots.

People, search your grandmother's attic ... ask around in your local retirement home  :thumbs1xx:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:09:33 AM
by Arjan Hut
»

Online Robin Unger

• Robin Unger's  JFK Assassination Research Gallery
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 10:21:15 AM »
Yes, in Skaggs she does appear to have her hands up to her eyes, as if she was getting ready to snap a photo

Offline Rick Needham

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »

Well, my thought was that some witnesses might return, with friends or family, to share what happened and to mourn. I'll wear the same coat until I have to get a new one, but then, I'm not a lady.

If she did return, that might indicate that she was not a tourist, but lived in Dallas or near Dallas.

I do have an odd feeling that - just like the Skaggs photo's - her material will turn up within the next ten years.  Recalling the story related by Gary Mack about a women in her thirties turning up at the Kodak-office and her blurry picture ... she must have taken more pictures than the one when she stood behind Charles Brehm and his boy during the shots.

People, search your grandmother's attic ... ask around in your local retirement home  :thumbs1xx:

Hi Arjan! Would first like to welcome you to the forum. And also for bringing this to our attention and the link to the movie clips.

Right now I'm at work and can only view this on my cellphone. I would like to have a better look on my home computer. But you do raise a good point. If this were her, the woman being more likely a local makes a lot of sense to me. We know that some did return the following day. Orville Nix returned the following morning with his wife because he wanted to show her where he stood while he filmed the previous day. Also to shoot up some more of the movie film he still had left in his camera. It would be roughly a week following the assassination before he used all of it up and then take it to have it developed.  Some could have returned just to mourn, as you have suggested.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:39:12 AM
by Rick Needham
»