JFK Assassination Forum 
Logo
HomeThe Robin Unger JFK Assassination GalleryYoutube JFK Assassination Video ChannelSearchNotepadLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 23, 2017, 12:20:03 PM
News: Posts and threads containing swear words, personal insults or crudities, content considered by Admin to be spamming, when reported or observed, may be edited or deleted.
The perpetrator of any offense may receive a posting suspension of a period to be determined by Admin in relation to the considered severity of the offense.
Questions relating to deletions or edits will not be answered by Admin via any communication method here or elsewhere.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
New Book: "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" (By Mel Ayton with David Von Pein)  (Read 21221 times)

My Oswald book is selling pretty steadily -

As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think it's just a matter of timing, impulse purchasing and luck. There are so many books, and purchases will come in waves. The important thing is that researchers get their thoughts down in book fashion and share them with the world. I was always intrigued by what others reported that LHO said. How that stacked up against my own conspiracy biases. It was an interesting personal exercise if nothing else.

-------------------------

ReplyReply

Richard Charnin used to brag about how well his book was doing on Amazon... and it contains some of the worst drivel ever committed to paper.

ReplyReply

You're not serious, are you Lee? (Didn't think so.)

Why on Earth would anyone want to pay the premium price of $499.95 (plus tax) for an autographed copy of "Beyond Reasonable Doubt"?

Surely there is a Lone Nut out there willing to pay...

ReplyReply

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:17:58 AM by David Von Pein »

ReplyReply

After a lengthy series of delays, problems, and glitches, it appears that the book "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" (co-written by Mel Ayton and me, DVP) is now ready to be released. I received my early copies of the book on December 9, 2014, and everything looks good now.*

David: Is there any original reporting in the book or is it derivative or based on existing evidence/information?

Did you, for example, interview a Slawson or Coleman or any other still living WC staffer?

Thanks, good luck with the book.

ReplyReply

David: Is there any original reporting in the book or is it derivative or based on existing evidence/information?

There's not a whole lot of "new" stuff in the book. But there are a few things in there that I don't think have been printed in book form before. In a Q&A that Mel Ayton prepared for a radio interview, Mel answered the question this way.....

QUESTION: Does the book include any evidence which is new?

MEL AYTON: Beyond Reasonable Doubt includes an appendix by JFK assassination researcher Michael O’Dell, who provides scientific evidence that the acoustics evidence in the JFK case, ‘proving’ a second gunman fired from the Grassy Knoll, is flawed.

The book also includes excellent rebuttals of numerous claims made by conspiracists regarding the numerous myths surrounding the assassination, particularly the following:

Was CE399 a planted bullet?
Was JFK's motorcade route changed at the last minute?
The so-called “Mysterious Deaths”.
The “Secret Service Standdown” myth.

-----------------------

A related comment about something that has bothered me since the book came out (and I am partly to blame for not catching this before the book was released)....

The blurb on the back cover of the book, where it says a "clear motive" for Oswald's actions is provided in "Beyond Reasonable Doubt", is grossly overstated. And I wish like heck that that boastful blurb could have been changed before the book was printed.

I say "overstated" because Lee Oswald's motive can only be GUESSED AT by authors. No definitive or absolute motive has ever been established or proved to explain why Oswald shot President Kennedy. We can really only take educated guesses. So any book that claims Oswald's motive was "clear" is probably overstating the situation. So that's why I wish I had been able to change that word ("clear") to "probable" on the back cover of BRD. My apologies to any readers who find that blurb to be an exaggeration....because I agree....I think it's an exaggeration too. But, rest assured, I wasn't the person who wrote that word in that blurb that appears on the book's As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Along related lines, I was able to get a similar piece of wild exaggeration on the back cover changed and reworded so that it conforms with reality a little better. That one originally claimed that Mel and I "challenge each and every allegation" relating to a possible cover-up in the assassination. I was able to get the ridiculously overstated "each and every" claim reduced to "important allegations". Because all readers will easily be able to tell that a 471-page JFK book could not possibly "challenge each and every allegation" that conspiracy theorists have offered up since 1963.

Why do publishers have to exaggerate in their blurbs so much? Obviously, the publisher wants to paint the book they're releasing in the best possible light, and they will only say good things about the contents of the book. But why do they feel the need to exaggerate to the point of absurdity (which is what I think our publisher did with respect to those two blurbs I just discussed)?

~shrug~

Did you, for example, interview a Slawson or Coleman or any other still living WC staffer?

Nope.

Thanks, good luck with the book.

Thank you, Steve.

NOTE / EDIT --- Sales are way up today. BRD is ranked #77,589 at Amazon as of this minute (11:55 AM EDT on March 9, 2015). That's the best ranking for the book that I've seen thus far at the As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login site. Maybe Duncan's forum can work miracles after all. :)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:06:09 AM by David Von Pein »

ReplyReply

There's not a whole lot of "new" stuff in the book. But there are a few things in there that I don't think have been printed in book form before. In a Q&A that Mel Ayton prepared for a radio interview, Mel answered the question this way.....

QUESTION: Does the book include any evidence which is new?

MEL AYTON: "Beyond Reasonable Doubt includes an appendix by JFK assassination researcher Michael O’Dell, who provides scientific evidence that the acoustics evidence in the JFK case, ‘proving’ a second gunman fired from the Grassy Knoll, is flawed.

The book also includes excellent rebuttals of numerous claims made by conspiracists regarding the numerous myths surrounding the assassination, particularly the following:

Was CE399 a planted bullet?
Was JFK's motorcade route changed at the last minute?
The so-called “Mysterious Deaths”.
The “Secret Service Standdown” myth."

-----------------------

A related comment about something that has bothered me since the book came out (and I am partly to blame for not catching this before the book was released)....

The blurb on the back cover of the book, where it says a "clear motive" for Oswald's actions is provided in "Beyond Reasonable Doubt", is grossly overstated. And I wish like heck that that boastful blurb could have been changed before the book was printed.

I say "overstated" because Lee Oswald's motive can only be GUESSED AT by authors. No definitive or absolute motive has ever been established or proved to explain why Oswald shot President Kennedy. We can really only take educated guesses. So any book that claims Oswald's motive was "clear" is probably overstating the situation. So that's why I wish I had been able to change that word ("clear") to "probable" on the back cover of BRD. My apologies to any readers who find that blurb to be an exaggeration....because I agree....I think it's an exaggeration too. But, rest assured, I wasn't the person who wrote that word in that blurb that appears on the book's As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Along related lines, I was able to get a similar piece of wild exaggeration on the back cover changed and reworded so that it conforms with reality a little better. That one originally claimed that Mel and I "challenge each and every allegation" relating to a possible cover-up in the assassination. I was able to get the ridiculously overstated "each and every" claim reduced to "important allegations". Because all readers will easily be able to tell that a 471-page JFK book could not possibly "challenge each and every allegation" that conspiracy theorists have offered up since 1963.

Why do publishers have to exaggerate in their blurbs so much? Obviously, the publisher wants to paint the book they're releasing in the best possible light, and they will only say good things about the contents of the book. But why do they feel the need to exaggerate to the point of absurdity (which is what I think our publisher did with respect to those two blurbs I just discussed)?

~shrug~

Nope.

Thank you, Steve.

NOTE / EDIT --- Sales are way up today. BRD is ranked #77,589 at Amazon as of this minute (11:55 AM EDT on March 9, 2015). That's the best ranking for the book that I've seen thus far at the As a guest, you are not allowed to view links. Register or Login site. Maybe Duncan's forum can work miracles after all. :)

Thanks, Dave.

Give us a hint on the motive: Politics, notoriety, desperation, nihilism? Yes, it's all speculation but the conspiracy researchers/theorists ask for one. And it's a fair question since we turn it around and ask the same question about the motives of those they believe engineered the assassination.

Even for historical reasons, we all want to know "Why?" Why did this or that person do what they did. It's human curiosity even if, as Bugliosi argues, it's not needed to prove guilt in a courtroom.

ReplyReply

Give us a hint on the motive: Politics, notoriety, desperation, nihilism?

Cuba.

ReplyReply
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Jump to:  

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963

JFK Assassination Photographs Gallery

JFK Assassination Forum Assassination of JFK discussion and debate surrounding the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy In Dealey Plaza Texas on November 22nd 1963