Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Rifle Capability  (Read 19647 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Oswald's Rifle Capability
« on: February 24, 2019, 02:34:55 PM »
Advertisement
From the Warren Report....  https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#capability
In deciding whether Lee Harvey Oswald fired the shots which killed President Kennedy and wounded Governor Connally, the Commission considered whether Oswald, using his own rifle, possessed the capability to hit his target with two out of three shots under the conditions described in chapter Ill. The Commission evaluated (1) the nature of the shots, (2) Oswald's Marine training in marksmanship, (3) his experience and practice after leaving the Marine Corps, and (4) the accuracy of the weapon and the quality of the ammunition.
Robert A. Frazier, FBI expert in firearms identification and training, said: "I mean it requires no training at all to shoot a weapon with a telescopic sight once you know that you must put the crosshairs on the target and that is all that is necessary."
So in other words..your grandma could have been an expert assassin. No experience necessary Thumb1:
Sergeant Zahm expressed the opinion that the shot which struck President Kennedy in the neck at 176.9 to 190.8 feet was "very easy" and the shot which struck the President in the head at a distance of 265.3 feet was "an easy shot."
The Report fails to mention that no one else was really able to re-enact that feat. Lip service was sufficient.
In accordance with standard Marine procedures, Oswald received extensive training in marksmanship.773 During the first week of an intensive 8-week training period he received instruction in sighting, aiming, and manipulation of the trigger.  He had the services of an experienced highly trained coach.
"Manipulation of the trigger" What is that...chiropractic? Massage?  All Marines receive '8 weeks of intensive training'. It's called 'boot camp'. All Marines receive rifle training and are required to pass marksman skills. The 'highly trained coach' is called a drill instructor. This does not mean [as I have stated before] that this enables a trainee to become an expert sniper for life.
During one of his leaves from the Marines, Oswald hunted with his brother Robert, using a .22 caliber bolt-action rifle belonging either to Robert or Robert's in-laws.
So what? Plinking around with a .22 doesn't require marksman skills...no mention that Lee ever hit anything. More lip service from the writer of this gibberish. [I wonder who he was?]
Marina Oswald testified that in New Orleans in May of 1963, she observed Oswald sitting with the rifle on their screened porch at night, sighting with the telescopic lens and operating the bolt.
There are threads all over the forum refuting this claim as just pure bunk.
The various tests showed that the Mannlicher-Carcano was an accurate rifle and that the use of a four-power scope was a substantial aid to rapid, accurate firing.
A failure to mention that these 'various tests' involved.... placing shims under the scope which was out of alignment by a country mile.

JFK Assassination Forum

Oswald's Rifle Capability
« on: February 24, 2019, 02:34:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's Rifle Capability
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:11:51 PM »
From the Warren Report....  https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#capability  So in other words..your grandma could have been an expert assassin. No experience necessary Thumb1:The Report fails to mention that no one else was really able to re-enact that feat. Lip service was sufficient."Manipulation of the trigger" What is that...chiropractic? Massage?  All Marines receive '8 weeks of intensive training'. It's called 'boot camp'. All Marines receive rifle training and are required to pass marksman skills. The 'highly trained coach' is called a drill instructor. This does not mean [as I have stated before] that this enables a trainee to become an expert sniper for life.  So what? Plinking around with a .22 doesn't require marksman skills...no mention that Lee ever hit anything. More lip service from the writer of this gibberish. [I wonder who he was?] There are threads all over the forum refuting this claim as just pure bunk.  A failure to mention that these 'various tests' involved.... placing shims under the scope which was out of alignment by a country mile.

Robert A. Frazier, FBI expert in firearms identification and training, said: "I mean it requires no training at all to shoot a weapon with a telescopic sight once you know that you must put the crosshairs on the target and that is all that is necessary."

So in other words..your grandma could have been an expert assassin. No experience necessary Thumb1:

Yes, That's exactly what they wanted the gullible pissants to believe.....   They touted the deadly accuracy of the rifle because it was equipped with a "telescopic sight" ....OOOOOH WEEEEEEE.....   Whoopdie Doo..... WOW!!... A TELESCOPIC SIGHT!.....  What they failed to mention is:... The rifle might as well have had a dildo mounted  on the rifle, because that would have been just as effective as that scope which was mounted askew. And even if Granny had been a world class sharpshooter she would still have got nothing bu Maggies Drawers  with that rifle.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 03:15:41 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Anthony Clayden

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »
I have seen shooting reproductions but they never seem to include assembling the rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:11:05 PM »
I have seen shooting reproductions but they never seem to include assembling the rifle.
Reportedly... a demonstration of the rifle assembly was done with a dime [ten times more reliable than with a penny?]
---As no tools were ever reported found---
No testimony on that rifle [so assembled] having actually been fired :-\ 

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 01:41:02 AM »
This video should also be seen here...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 01:41:02 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 03:18:53 AM »
From the Warren Report....  https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#capability  So in other words..your grandma could have been an expert assassin. No experience necessary Thumb1:The Report fails to mention that no one else was really able to re-enact that feat. Lip service was sufficient."Manipulation of the trigger" What is that...chiropractic? Massage?  All Marines receive '8 weeks of intensive training'. It's called 'boot camp'. All Marines receive rifle training and are required to pass marksman skills. The 'highly trained coach' is called a drill instructor. This does not mean [as I have stated before] that this enables a trainee to become an expert sniper for life.  So what? Plinking around with a .22 doesn't require marksman skills...no mention that Lee ever hit anything. More lip service from the writer of this gibberish. [I wonder who he was?] There are threads all over the forum refuting this claim as just pure bunk.  A failure to mention that these 'various tests' involved.... placing shims under the scope which was out of alignment by a country mile.

According to my recent search, trigger control is the most important component of firearms manipulation. And can be practiced by dry firing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 04:00:26 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 03:54:30 AM »

So that wasn't Oswald's Carcano. Got it. BTW, how much practice did Ventura have with operating the bolt? I'll bet he did that cold turkey.

Name your experts who practiced with the bolt action for more than a few minutes. Oswald had months to do so. And tell us how anyone populating your claimed threads all over the Internet know whether Marina saw him practicing on the porch or not.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:25:11 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 03:54:30 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:09:38 AM »

What about the possibility that Jesse Ventura... sorry, Governor Ventura: Was not trying to fire the shots as quickly as he was capable of? After all, the shooter is a former professional wrestler. Pro Wrestling is acknowledged (even by Ventura) as FAKE! Why should we trust a renowned faker?